GDT: Florida @ Devils 7:30 PM MSGSN

MadDog2020

34 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

During our streak i did bring up a chart showing that we had the easiest schedule in the NHL along with the Bruins and that maybe juuuuuust maybe that's something we should keep in mind. 

That notion was shut down very very fast by just about everyone

this degree of narcissism is almost clinical at this point 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Oh okay okay okay okay.... you brought up the strength of our upcoming schedule, then when i address that subject of our past strength of schedule then you don't give a flying fvck about strength of schedule. Gotcha lol 

You're fun

My point for bringing up some tough games coming up was because WE are playing like sh!t right now. 2 weeks ago I wouldn’t have been worried about playing them at all. 

Get it now?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

this degree of narcissism is almost clinical at this point 

Agencylife Bingo GIF by MX Player

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Sure would be nice, but it’s not happening. Caps made it clear they aren’t trading away any key pieces while Ovi is chasing Gretzky. 

Bring me Timo Meier. 

Sign me up.  But that doesn't really solve the "toughness" issue.

I think we saw tonight - the Devils would get easily swept by a team in the playoffs if they chose to plug this type of game.  They need size, toughness.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Agencylife Bingo GIF by MX Player

Sign me up.  But that doesn't really solve the "toughness" issue.

I think we saw tonight - the Devils would get easily swept by a team in the playoffs if they chose to plug this type of game.  They need size, toughness.

Timo Meier is 220 lbs…

Anyway, you have to get to the playoffs first. And when Bratt goes MIA we have 0 above average wingers to play with Jack and Nico. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I'll keep this brief and try to not be too inflammatory here because, again, I have zero interest in debating anything pertaining to.. anything.. with people like you.

1) Good for you, you brought up when the team was winning that they were facing an easy schedule.  Really good job, not a common observation that every hockey pundit out there was parroting during the streak.

2) Why would you bother posting this in a GDT when the team is getting caved in?  Because you either truly don't know how pretentious and know-it-all you come across (yikes), or you choose to behave this way because it's how you're actually wired (big yikes).

3) Problem is this is your usual schtick, and I don't genuinely believe you want to have a conversation if you're not able to play the know-it-all contrarian role.  

End, done with you again for the night.  Back to being a "coward"

the real problem and @mfitz804 brought this up often how he noticed how literally anything i say. There's a few of you guys who will find a way to spin it and misrepresent what i meant or said. That whole "Schtick" is in your head and literally anything i say you read it through that filter. That's totally on you if you get mad about things i never meant.

A proof of that is that the other day I made a JOKE referencing Ghostbusters II that pretty damn obvious, i talked about a river of pink slime running under the city and Nicomo totally missed that very obvious joke because he just got upset reading what i said like i was serious lol

There's nothing know-it-all or pretentious to posting a chart of strength of schedule lol I never pretended i was smart for it, it's on par with just about anything anyone else find about the team online and share here.

I posted about strength of schedule because Nicomo brought up our upcoming strength of schedule. That's how basic conversations go.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Nobody, really. Is scoring a goal a game a great example of depth?

That’s because they are in a slump.  When they were winning, goals were coming from everywhere.  I don’t think this is a bad team, nor do I think they lack depth.  I think this team lacks physicality and with Bastian out of the lineup for an extended period is taking a toll on them.  That said, even with the lack of scoring we have seen goals from Wood, Haula and Marino.  Also, how many goals do you expect from the bottom 6 anyway?  Sharan has 8, Wood has 7 and Zetter has 5.

1 minute ago, Puckbuster said:

That’s because they are in a slump.  When they were winning, goals were coming from everywhere.  I don’t think this is a bad team, nor do I think they lack depth.  I think this team lacks physicality and with Bastian out of the lineup for an extended period is taking a toll on them.  That said, even with the lack of scoring we have seen goals from Wood, Haula and Marino.  Also, how many goals do you expect from the bottom 6 anyway?  Sharan has 8, Wood has 7 and Zetter has 5.

I asked “where have they been”. Two “depth forward” goals in the last 3. Marino isn’t a forward so I don’t see what that has to do with anything. 

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

the real problem and @mfitz804 brought this up often how he noticed how literally anything i say. There's a few of you guys who will find a way to spin it and misrepresent what i meant or said. That whole "Schtick" is in your head and literally anything i say you read it through that filter. That's totally on you if you get mad about things i never meant.

A proof of that is that the other day I made a JOKE referencing Ghostbusters II that pretty damn obvious, i talked about a river of pink slime running under the city and Nicomo totally missed that very obvious joke because he just got upset reading what i said like i was serious lol

There's nothing know-it-all or pretentious to posting a chart of strength of schedule lol I never pretended i was smart for it, it's on par with just about anything anyone else find about the team online and share here.

I posted about strength of schedule because Nicomo brought up our upcoming strength of schedule. That's how basic conversations go.

image.jpeg.b1b412672ca8ccfaac628f37e976a090.jpeg

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Smith calling out the team - "wish I would've gotten more support from the rest of the team" or something like that. 

Smith does have some of that to his game, I’ll give him that. I wish Bahl used his size more. I swear - between Zubrus, Boyle, and Bahl, we always seem to have some of the gentlest giants. 

• Like 2