GDT: Florida @ Devils 7:30 PM MSGSN

MadDog2020

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Smith does have some of that to his game, I’ll give him that. I wish Bahl used his size more. I swear - between Zubrus, Boyle, and Bahl, we always seem to have some of the gentlest giants. 

Bahl is really tall and they list him at 230, but he doesn’t look “big” to me. 

Just now, Nicomo said:

Does he pay your retainer in Canadian or US? :lol:

It’s just facts, my man. 

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’m surprised Zetterlund doesn’t ever scrap it up. Dude is built like a tank. 

There’s a big difference between being strong and being able to scrap. I do enjoy when he lays a shoulder into a guy, which he doesn’t do often enough. 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

There’s a big difference between being strong and being able to scrap. I do enjoy when he lays a shoulder into a guy, which he doesn’t do often enough. 

For sure. I’ve seen countless videos online of body builders getting their ass kicked by much smaller dudes. 

I should have said I’m surprised Zetterlund doesn’t play a bit more physical all around. 

• Like 2

Just now, Nicomo said:

For sure. I’ve seen countless videos online of body builders getting their ass kicked by much smaller dudes. 

I should have said I’m surprised Zetterlund doesn’t play a bit more physical all around. 

That is true. As I said, we’ve seen him do it. You would think if people are picking on Nico all game as multiple people mentioned on this thread (I didn’t see it), he’d be the guy that could put someone on their ass. 

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I blame the reverse retros. 

At least we won once wearing them, better than our usual effort in regular retro jerseys. 

I threw a drunken temper tantrum last game which was obviously ridiculous but it’s impossible to think “yeah, this is okay!”. 5 game losing streak with no end in sight. 

• Problem 1 is the top-6 offense, and problem 1 on the offense is the fact that Jack Hughes is only 1 player and right now, past him and Dawson Mercer there are a ton of passengers. Nico has been horrible. Bratt has been invisible. 
  • The depth scoring just doesn’t exist. The bottom six that was so fantastic has disappeared completely. Bastian is a big missing piece but Nathan Bastian cannot be the difference between a cup contender and a bottom feeder. There are a ton of passengers right now, and the Devils should be in the business of shaking things up in a hurry. Sharangovich is horrific to watch — he’s lazy, careless, and when he’s not shooting the puck he’s a brutally useless hockey player. 
  • The defense is concerning. Marino hasn’t come down to earth but he might be the only one I can say that about. Siegenthaler has lost his game; somewhere in the past month he decided to be a play driver. It has gone poorly. Graves is mid as hell, and seems to trade solid defense for bonehead pinches once a shift.
  • Hamilton gets his own bullet point because holy sh!t he needs to figure it out. He’s lost a step since Carolina (in terms of speed) but that was to be expected. He needs to stop trying to join the rush every single time down the ice, though. The amount of times per game the Devils have an ill-equipped winger trying to stop a 3-on-2 rush because Dougie joined the rush and didn’t get back is too frequent. He’s a hell of a hockey player and I believe he will figure it out, but he needs to do so quickly. 
  • The goaltending has to be better, period. The Devils once again find themselves bottom-10 in goals against above expected. They deserved a couple more points than they got during this losing streak. 

The long term outlook of this team, to me at least, hasn’t changed. The Devils are building a championship team. Hughes is going to be a franchise changing defenseman. Nemec is a good bet to be a perfect line-mate for him. Marino is a major piece. The team needs more top-6 scoring but luckily top-6 scoring is what is most readily available every July 1st. 

The in-season outlook has to be considered shaky. This very easily (and bordering on likely) could be an 8-game losing streak. That’s horrifying. 

Team needs a shakeup quickly.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I threw a drunken temper tantrum last game which was obviously ridiculous but it’s impossible to think “yeah, this is okay!”. 5 game losing streak with no end in sight. 

• Problem 1 is the top-6 offense, and problem 1 on the offense is the fact that Jack Hughes is only 1 player and right now, past him and Dawson Mercer there are a ton of passengers. Nico has been horrible. Bratt has been invisible. 
  • The depth scoring just doesn’t exist. The bottom six that was so fantastic has disappeared completely. Bastian is a big missing piece but Nathan Bastian cannot be the difference between a cup contender and a bottom feeder. There are a ton of passengers right now, and the Devils should be in the business of shaking things up in a hurry. Sharangovich is horrific to watch — he’s lazy, careless, and when he’s not shooting the puck he’s a brutally useless hockey player. 
  • The defense is concerning. Marino hasn’t come down to earth but he might be the only one I can say that about. Siegenthaler has lost his game; somewhere in the past month he decided to be a play driver. It has gone poorly. Graves is mid as hell, and seems to trade solid defense for bonehead pinches once a shift.
  • Hamilton gets his own bullet point because holy sh!t he needs to figure it out. He’s lost a step since Carolina (in terms of speed) but that was to be expected. He needs to stop trying to join the rush every single time down the ice, though. The amount of times per game the Devils have an ill-equipped winger trying to stop a 3-on-2 rush because Dougie joined the rush and didn’t get back is too frequent. He’s a hell of a hockey player and I believe he will figure it out, but he needs to do so quickly. 
  • The goaltending has to be better, period. The Devils once again find themselves bottom-10 in goals against above expected. They deserved a couple more points than they got during this losing streak. 

The long term outlook of this team, to me at least, hasn’t changed. The Devils are building a championship team. Hughes is going to be a franchise changing defenseman. Nemec is a good bet to be a perfect line-mate for him. Marino is a major piece. The team needs more top-6 scoring but luckily top-6 scoring is what is most readily available every July 1st. 

The in-season outlook has to be considered shaky. This very easily (and bordering on likely) could be an 8-game losing streak. That’s horrifying. 

This analysis is more cogent, but less fun, than your analysis of last game. 

50 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

My point for bringing up some tough games coming up was because WE are playing like sh!t right now. 2 weeks ago I wouldn’t have been worried about playing them at all. 

Get it now?

I never "didn't get" what you were saying lol. You're the one being out of line here pal.

I posted that chart a few weeks ago saying "Well this run is fun but let's keep this in mind i guess" and YOU got annoyed right away posting a meme and said that i was downplaying where we were in the standings. Which i wasn't. (that's exhibit A of you misrepresenting what i said). I replied: 

On 11/20/2022 at 6:43 PM, SterioDesign said:

Yeah i mean. i didn't post this to minimize our success or wtv. Clearly some people took it that way. The team battled, came back when they had to, everything. We deserved those wins. 

But it's just pointing out a fact that the schedule will get harder.

I even disagreed with the notion that we were only 2nd in the league because we had a tough schedule. So when i said today that "that notion was shut down", i was also calling myself out too, cause i disagreed with it too, i simply said it's something to keep in mind maybe. But you again jump on me like i was been pretentious, know-it-all. When i was actually claiming saying that i was potentially wrong lol. That's exhibit B.

And exhibit C is you missing my insanely obvious Ghostbuster 2 joke. Honestly how can you read me talk about a river of pink slime running under new york.... and get upset like im actually saying something.... normal and serious? lol

If this is not opening your eyes that your problem you have with me is misleading you constantly, well i dont know what to say. I'm certainly not claiming that im not at fault at times but most of it is completely in your head

You can claim that im playing the victim card if you want. But it's black on white that you're misrepresenting what i say. It's truly not on me.

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I never "didn't get" what you were saying lol. You're the one being out of line here pal.

I posted that chart a few weeks ago saying "Well this run is fun but let's keep this in mind i guess" and YOU got annoyed right away posting a meme and said that i was downplaying where we were in the standings. Which i wasn't. (that's exhibit A of you misrepresenting what i said). I replied: 

I even disagreed with the notion that we were only 2nd in the league because we had a tough schedule. So when i said today that "that notion was shut down", i was also calling myself out too, cause i disagreed with it too, i simply said it's something to keep in mind maybe. But you again jump on me like i was been pretentious, know-it-all. When i was actually claiming saying that i was potentially wrong lol. That's exhibit B.

And exhibit C is you missing my insanely obvious Ghostbuster 2 joke. Honestly how can you read me talk about a river of pink slime running under new york.... and get upset like im actually saying something.... normal and serious? lol

If this is not opening your eyes that your problem you have with me is misleading you constantly, well i dont know what to say. I'm certainly not claiming that im not at fault at times but most of it is completely in your head

How many times you going to cry about the Ghostbusters thing? I literally apologized in that thread. JFC lol

Just now, MB3 said:

man i’m even losing track of the feuds in this place hahaha the ghostbusters thing?!? 

He was going off about how nasty the GDT’s get when the Devils are losing like the pink slime that makes everyone hate each other in GB2. I thought he was getting on people for venting and being mad. I apologized once I realized the tone of his post wasn’t actually preachy (for once). I’ve now heard about 37 times since it happened. 

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I don’t think everyone hates you. 

Well, you’re wrong, so now we have a feud. 

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

He was going off about how nasty the GDT’s get when the Devils are losing like the pink slime that makes everyone hate each other in GB2. I thought he was getting on people for venting and being mad. I apologized once I realized the tone of his post wasn’t actually preachy (for once). I’ve now heard about 37 times since it happened. 

Tbh, that was a masterful analogy. 

3E12FE1A-CDCD-4CCA-91DB-D805FEC1413B.gif

Edited by mfitz804

20 minutes ago, MB3 said:

8? It could very likely be an 11-game losing streak soon enough. 

13 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

i brought it up 2-3 times top lol 

And that's the problem. You assume my tone and read them as preachy when it's absolutely not.

Today i admitted being wrong about something and called me out for acting pretentious lol Let that one sink in. You're on a roll

The Ghostbusters thing is just the most hilarious example of it. Honestly, ask yourself, if you're not able to correctly judge my "tone" when i make a very obvious joke involving something as silly as a river of pink slime running in the sewers of NY. How can you trust that you're reading my tone correctly at any time? lol You very very clearly have a bias against mfitz and I.  

Edited by SterioDesign