GDT: 12/20/2022 Devils @ Hurricanes 7:00PM EST

MB3

Big one for the fellas tonight. A win can right the ship before christmas. A loss puts the Devils in second place in the Metro for the first time since the 4th game of the season.

Tale of two different teams right now. Carolina is red-hot; winning 5 in a row (4 of those against current playoff teams).

Score first, buckle down in the last few minutes of the periods, and let's go get the win baby. 

Also, no purple bar for now. It has forsaken us. 

• Like 2

Was curious to see who started the GDT today.  Hopefully it's all good feels by the end of the game and not ranting and insults.

L G M F D!!!

• Like 2

Just looking at the standings…. I am so sick of this fvcking division. The stupid Caps and Pens will never go away. I’m convinced these two idiot franchises will just continue to hum along because Ovechkin and Crosby just won’t fvck off and go the fvck away already. They’re like herpes at this point. I think Pittsburgh had won like eight in a row at one point. fvck off. The Canes and Islanders are just annoying, like a screaming kid that never shuts the fvck up. And the Rags- I mean fvck them. Now they’ve won like seven in a row because Jack Hughes didn’t score on a penalty shot. It’s truly infuriating. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Just looking at the standings…. I am so sick of this fvcking division. The stupid Caps and Pens will never go away. I’m convinced these two idiot franchises will just continue to hum along because Ovechkin and Crosby just won’t fvck off and go the fvck away already. They’re like herpes at this point. I think Pittsburgh had won like eight in a row at one point. fvck off. The Canes and Islanders are just annoying, like a screaming kid that never shuts the fvck up. And the Rags- I mean fvck them. Now they’ve won like seven in a row because Jack Hughes didn’t score on a penalty shot. It’s truly infuriating. 

For sure it's a good division.  Gonna be a dogfight.  Of course everyone's gotta play each other...just hope there aren't a lot of three-point games.

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Oh they certainly will go away. In about 3 seasons you can bet that the Pens will be at the bottom of the league. They are doing the same mistake we made and for sure it's going to bite them in the ass like it did for us

They dont have many good prospects or young core players. They will soon have a very very old core of player getting paid a large chunk of the cap while not producing enough to justify it. And no depth to cover for that. Then once Letang, Crosby and Malkin leave its, gonna leave a gigantic hole and i doubt free agents will want to join that roster. or if they do its going to be a massive overpayment. They will systematically crash, no worries

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Oh they certainly will go away. In about 3 seasons you can bet that the Pens will be at the bottom of the league. They are doing the same mistake we made and for sure it's going to bite them in the ass like it did for us

They dont have many good prospects or young core players. They will soon have a very very old core of player getting paid a large chunk of the cap while not producing enough to justify it. And no depth to cover for that. Then once Letang, Crosby and Malkin leave its, gonna leave a gigantic hole and i doubt free agents will want to join that roster. or if they do its going to be a massive overpayment. They will systematically crash, no worries

I thoroughly look forward to the day this happens to both them and Washington. And Boston too for that matter. Another team that I wish would just fvck off and be sh!tty for a while. 

Edited by MadDog2020

This is a tall order to win tonight but if they want to prove they belong then these are the type of games they’ve got to find ways to win. 

- We need the damn PP to really get going

- Need a better effort from Vitek than what we’ve seen lately.

- Need guys finishing chances and crashing the net.

- Let’s have the mentality that we are here to win a 2-1 game. Drop the fancy drop passes in the neutral zone and dump and chase. Win the board battles, funnel pucks on goal and grab rebounds.

- Can’t just do the same old off-the-rush setups because the opposition will have shooting lanes clogged up. Get the defensemen moving around with some good plays down low. This game is made for Zetterlund to pick his play up with physicality.

- Boqvist and Sharangovich are on the clock. Good performances are an absolute must from these two.

- We cannot be noticing Bratt for the first time with under 12 mins to go in the 3rd.

- Oh, and lets have one game without a boneheaded penalty from Smith-Severson

MASSIVE GAME.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, MB3 said:

maybe we can rant and insult regardless 

Confident we can…loser. 

LGD

Just now, Fansinz88 said:

What happened to Spaulding? This is 2nd in a row he’s missing is it not? 

They just said he is “under the weather” on the broadcast. I fee like literally everyone is sick right now, I imagine it’s tough for those who use their voice for a living.