GDT - Devils @ Panthers 12/21/22 7:00pm TNT

NJDfan1711

Keith Yandle must be chuckling to himself right now.  fvck fvck fvck.

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Oh good. Graves AND Dougie hurt

minus man about to get his wish and be back on the top pair where he’ll suck ass even more against worse matchups

He took that shot above the knee. Kind of where the padding can be a little light compared to solid. He's taking a shift again. Must just be a bruise/shiner

1 minute ago, Devs64 said:

23/25 saves in a game like this doesn't sound like "sucks"

Agreed. Blackwood has been decent tonight. 

Only complaint is he has to hold on to his stick. 

Edited by RizzMB30

Being down 2-1 feels like being down 5-1 right now.  Damn feeling like this sucks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

23/25 saves in a game like this doesn't sound like "sucks"

He’s been pretty good for the most part, but you’d like to see him get that one on the PK. No screen, saw it all the way, not a particularly hard shot, etc. 

Bob made a save on Jack pretty much in the exact same spot. 

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Being down 2-1 feels like being down 5-1 right now.  Damn feeling like this sucks.

It really does.  I was thinking the same thing after they scored that last goal.  It just doesn't seem like we have the ability to come back against anyone right now.  The vibe is low.  This team just needs to come out literally guns blazing.  I think a supreme effort in the 3rd - I'm talking legs, shots, hits, all of it - is the only way to provide some confidence and possibly get the tying goal.

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

With two games against Boston next. 

Yeah I’m going Friday.  I’d like to be excited about it.

If this goes on much longer how much longer does Ruff keep his job?  Kinda feels like this is Brunette’s gig in due time anyway.  I never really saw Ruff being here long term.  I’m not even screaming “Fire Ruff!” as much as I’m wondering how a guy who’s already been around for two collapses could possibly survive a third.  Not saying they’re all his fault.

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

He’s been pretty good for the most part, but you’d like to see him get that one on the PK. No screen, saw it all the way, not a particularly hard shot, etc. 

Yeah, but even with that goal, Blackwood is sitting at a 92.3 save percentage right now. He hasn't been the issue (this game) and we're still in this. 

Edited by RizzMB30

Just now, RizzMB30 said:

Yeah, but even with that goal, Blackwood is sitting at a 92.3 save percentage right now. He hasn't been the issue and we're still in this. 

Pulling this out would be SO incredibly huge tonight.  

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I don't disagree. I'd like them to shutout every team they play, but it went in, so it's up to offense now and this is where "sucks" sounds appropriate. 

1 minute ago, RizzMB30 said:

Yeah, but even with that goal, Blackwood is sitting at a 92.3 save percentage right now. He hasn't been the issue and we're still in this. 

Agreed. The anemic offense is the biggest issue. We pretty much don’t score right now if Jack Hughes isn’t on the ice. 

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Pulling this out would be SO incredibly huge tonight.  

Especially after a back to back with Carolina last night, who I argue is a cup favorite with how good their D is. The schedule doesn't get any easier after tonight like Biz was saying and I think this is a huge possible character win tonight. I'm pumped.