GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Detroit Red Wings 7:00 PM TNT

eaglejelly

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

I never pay attention to Juniors tournaments, but I'm hearing the buzz about this one and Bedard, so I'm mildly interested.  I'm at the bar about to watch the Devils on TNT, but I can watch the juniors game on my phone if it's on network TV. Anyone know how to get it?

Got you, check DMs

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Haula-Hughes-Tatar, can we just say what the fvck? 

I would prefer Zetts on that line, but whatever. Mercer with Hisch and Bratt is pretty good. 

Canadurr just tied it up at 2 in the 2nd in the USA-Canada WJC Semis. 

Edited by RizzMB30

Felt a bit same ol same ol, despite the score and some good moments.  The other team getting too many prime scoring opportunities while the Devils struggle to get any of their own.  Red Wings playing like they have a higher gear to go to.

At least the Devils aren’t down…hopefully they can make some adjustments (not exactly a Ruff hallmark).

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

if the devils lose this game I think it’s time to move on. the team would need a shakeup and they can’t start dropping 4 games a week

USA goalie looking like mackenzie blackwood sleeper agent in disguise 

I do think the first shakeup (if the Devils can’t get it going again in the next couple of weeks) will come with Ruff being canned.  I mentioned it before but I think it will be more of a symbolic thing than anything else…I think the assistants are largely running the show.l at this point.  But it’s an “easier” shakeup in that there’s no players being dealt for other players, and I still think Ruff’s not keeping the head coaching beyond this season anyway. 

Wow…very lucky to be up in this game, but I’ll take it.  Nice rip Dougie!

• Like 2

What gets easily lost in Haula’s game — among the very large and obvious fvckups — is that he really makes a ton of small and unnoticed fvckups too. He was late to that unreal play from Jack because he didn’t have the vision to skate hard as the play developed and needed to play catch-up.

So what I think is the big takeaway — it’s important to not just harp on all of the obviously bad plays from Haula. To appreciate the player you have to see his small fvckups too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1