Reverse Retros vs. the Rangers?!!!

Rock

13 minutes ago, Fansinz88 said:

Guy is pathetic and sucked as a player and worse as an analyst. I’d like him to watch that live and respond. Punk. 

The funny thing about that tool is that he acts like he’s somehow a part of Ranger lore…dude, you’re best remembered for giving up 10 goals in a single game.  You played in a whopping 39 games in a Ranger uniform…there was one postgame show where he was talking to Lundqvist and was trying to make it sound like they were colleagues…Steve, Henrik would start more games in half a season than you did (27 starts) for your entire Ranger CAREER.  Get over your forgettable self man!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Year isn’t halfway done but losing a whole of home games and showing signs of going off the rails has to warm Ruff’s seat up.  They are showing signs of stabilizing for now…let’s hope that continues.

The power play isn’t great (that’s not what I was trying to suggest) but at least it’s no longer worthless, as it was under Recchi, and it has gotten better, as the numbers show…it is absolutely not “the same”.  We’ll see if it can continue to improve as the season goes on.  I’d like to see it get to league average.

Agreed, league average would make a difference.  I think they will be fine.  Palat is back and Mercer and Bastian will be back at some point.  I don’t see a cup, but they will make the playoffs.  

32 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

Agreed, league average would make a difference.  I think they will be fine.  Palat is back and Mercer and Bastian will be back at some point.  I don’t see a cup, but they will make the playoffs.  

Was this subconscious? 

To my dearest Devil brethren: Bo Horvat will never be a Devil! P. Kane will not be a Devil! Ryan O'Reilly will not be a Devil!!   Pasta will never be a Devil!  Why? we couldn't possibly make room (cap)

So, let's all move on from these evil thoughts.  Timo Meier (a remote/minimal possibility) but realistic.

13 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

To my dearest Devil brethren: Bo Horvat will never be a Devil! P. Kane will not be a Devil! Ryan O'Reilly will not be a Devil!!   Pasta will never be a Devil!  Why? we couldn't possibly make room (cap)

So, let's all move on from these evil thoughts.  Timo Meier (a remote/minimal possibility) but realistic.

I don’t think that’s accurate, especially when we get rid of Severson, Tatar, and Blackwood and we fail to sign Jesper Bratt. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t think that’s accurate, especially when we get rid of Severson, Tatar, and Blackwood and we fail to sign Jesper Bratt. 

There’s also Haula, Wood and Graves all UFA and then there’s Sharan, McLeod, Boqivist, Zetterlund and Bahl that RFA.

As far as Severson’s cap hit, half will go to Siegs cap hit.

2 hours ago, vadvlfan said:

That would be something if they could pull off Timo Meier and signing Jesper Bratt.

One last note...regardless of what you think of the RR 2.0 jerseys (I get that they're quite polarizing), at least the Devils didn't get completely destroyed in games where they wore them...they actually had a 3-1 record in their RR 2.0 games. 

Whenever there's a RR 3.0...please, something based on the design used from 1992-2017.  Because those are still the best and I miss them plenty.

And if anyone is so inclined and has the skills...I'd love to see a mockup of the RR 2.0 with blue swapped out for black and the yellow/gold swapped out for green.  Because if the Devils decide to dump the floaties once the Adidas contract is up, I think something close to that could absolutely work...more or less pays homage to both the red and black and red and green, on a classic template.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, vadvlfan said:

Timo Meier has a $10m qualifying offer. I don't see that as realistic. I see that as no chance.

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

One last note...regardless of what you think of the RR 2.0 jerseys (I get that they're quite polarizing), at least the Devils didn't get completely destroyed in games where they wore them...they actually had a 3-1 record in their RR 2.0 games. 

Whenever there's a RR 3.0...please, something based on the design used from 1992-2017.  Because those are still the best and I miss them plenty.

And if anyone is so inclined and has the skills...I'd love to see a mockup of the RR 2.0 with blue swapped out for black and the yellow/gold swapped out for green.  Because if the Devils decide to dump the floaties once the Adidas contract is up, I think something close to that could absolutely work...more or less pays homage to both the red and black and red and green, on a classic template.   

The next ones will be a tribute to the jersey of a kid in Newark who played roller hockey in the street one time because he got skates and a stick for Christmas. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The next ones will be a tribute to the jersey of a kid in Newark who played roller hockey in the street one time because he got skates and a stick for Christmas. 

I think Stan Fischler should design the next one. Maybe a Devils wool knit sweater. We weren't around in the 1940s, but we can pretend.

13 hours ago, Puckbuster said:

There’s also Haula, Wood and Graves all UFA and then there’s Sharan, McLeod, Boqivist, Zetterlund and Bahl that RFA.

As far as Severson’s cap hit, half will go to Siegs cap hit.

10 mil. offer to Timo? Where did you hear that?  wowser!  I wonder how many UFA's Fitz will just let walk? Tatar, Woody, Haula, Graves, Severson, ?  No other team will be hankerin for the likes of Boqvist, Zetterland, & Yegor (luster has worn off) I like Haula although he doesn't score.  Maybe Fitz can find a couple guys to play alongside Jack/Nico. Haula to stay line # 3 as center? We won't be able to keep both #28 and #33.  

1 hour ago, vadvlfan said:

10 mil. offer to Timo? Where did you hear that?  wowser!  I wonder how many UFA's Fitz will just let walk? Tatar, Woody, Haula, Graves, Severson, ?  No other team will be hankerin for the likes of Boqvist, Zetterland, & Yegor (luster has worn off) I like Haula although he doesn't score.  Maybe Fitz can find a couple guys to play alongside Jack/Nico. Haula to stay line # 3 as center? We won't be able to keep both #28 and #33.  

I suspect there wouldbe takers for those two, albeit at a fairly low price. I don't think I would be willing to let either go. Used appropriately both can be good players. 

I can't say that about Boqvist. 

17 hours ago, vadvlfan said:

what a bizarre post lol

4 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

if the Sharks don't qualify him he's a UFA though

there doesn’t exist a reasonable scenario where SJ declines to qualify him. they’ve got the cap room and need the picks when they trade him as a rebuilding team.

7 hours ago, vadvlfan said:

I’m just saying that Fitz will have options.  Also, I don’t recall saying 10 mill for Timo, but I do recall someone posting there was a 10 mill offer sheet for San Jose to sign him.  I would love to see him as a Devil though.  I don’t think anyone can dispute that he would be a great addition on Hughes line.  Fitz prefers to get players during the offseason anyway.  The question is who is replaceable to make cap space and what each player is asking for.  I do think Severson will be gone, because I don’t think he is happy playing as a third pair.  That leaves Graves, but if he is asking for too much do the Devils try to retain Severson?  Boqvist, Zetterlund and Yegor are all RFA, so if Fitz doesn’t need them to fill out the roster, who cares if no team has interest in them.  I do think that he resigns Zetterlund and Yegor though.  I think Boqvist is what he is and really doesn’t bring much.

18 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

I don’t think anyone can dispute that he would be a great addition on Hughes line.  

It would be pretty funny after all these years of wanting Meier so he can play with Nico if he ended up playing exclusively with Jack. 

You’d almost have to think if he became a Devil they’d try him with Nico first, based off them having good chemistry in international tournaments 

• Like 1