The Unintended GDT 1/10/23 Devs @ Canes 7:00 PM EST ESPN+ Hulu

Rock

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s absolute nonsense. You’ve never seen Sharangovich create his own goal not one time? That time he had a Hat trick, that had nothing to do with him?

For real, he has a few shorties too. 

27 minutes ago, Crisis said:

For real, he has a few shorties too. 

Meanwhile Boqvist played a good game and now he “creates”. Guy has 22 goals in 154 career games.

Makes me question how often he actually watches the games. 

52 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s absolute nonsense. You’ve never seen Sharangovich create his own goal not one time? That time he had a Hat trick, that had nothing to do with him?

“never” was definitely hyperbole but wasn’t that hat trick almost a full calendar year ago?

21 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Meanwhile Boqvist played a good game and now he “creates”. Guy has 22 goals in 154 career games.

ahh we made it 4 comments of actual discussion before you turn back into a fvcking douchebag. that was fun, let’s do it again sometime. 

boqvist does the small things that bottom 6 liners should do. he competes. he gets pucks in deep. he backchecks hard. he forechecks hard. he’s not going to score 30 but the devils don’t need him to.

sharangovich is only useful if he’s getting top-6 minutes. i don’t see him having a spot on the team in the bottom six.

I watch every game, but you knew that already, you just wanted a false sense of superiority for a second to fuel your crippling insecurities. 

21 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

One thing about Sharangovich...this is going to be about as "Show me!" of a second half of a season as it gets.  Right now he's a guy who's basically flourished in the equivalent of garbage time.  He's seen his minutes reduced.  His scoring has dropped off dramatically as of late.  And he's on an expiring deal.  He's going to have to force his way to getting more playing time and showing why he should get it with players who can help his numbers...then he's gotta show that he should stay up there, and can indeed produce in games that really mean something, where there's legit pressure.  Even if I suspect that I know how it's going to turn out, the chance is absolutely there for Sharangovich to seize.  

11 minutes ago, MB3 said:

“never” was definitely hyperbole but wasn’t that hat trick almost a full calendar year ago?

It’s ridiculous hyperbole. You are ignoring a lot and focusing on Boqvist’s best game of his miserable career because it was last game.

It’s fine to be annoyed but when you say things like this, it’s impossible to accept what you say as credible. 

7 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

The problem with Boqvist and Rango is that if you take them out of the lineup there's nobody in the system that's better than them anyway. It's something that could be addressed in the offseason or maybe the trade deadline if the right deal comes along. 

If Rango continues to slump and/or the Devils hit another rough patch, I'd still consider a Rango-for-Henrique swap (but of course only if the Ducks are eating half of his remaining money or close to it).  But that's fan talk...I'd be surprised if such a move is on Fitz's radar...if anything, it would really depend if Sharangovich is still in Fitz's plans beyond this season...my whole Rango-for-Henrique premise is "The Devils are close to done with Rango and aren't really interested in re-signing him, so what's a move that could help and seems reasonable, given Sharangovich's production as of late?"   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MB3 said:

ahh we made it 4 comments of actual discussion before you turn back into a fvcking douchebag. that was fun, let’s do it again sometime. 

boqvist does the small things that bottom 6 liners should do. he competes. he gets pucks in deep. he backchecks hard. he forechecks hard. he’s not going to score 30 but the devils don’t need him to.

sharangovich is only useful if he’s getting top-6 minutes. i don’t see him having a spot on the team in the bottom six.

I watch every game, but you knew that already, you just wanted a false sense of superiority for a second to fuel your crippling insecurities. 

First off, go fvck yourself, if anyone on this board has a superiority complex, it’s your stupid ass. All you can do is turn to insults, you are a classic message board tough guy. 

Second, you make bold statements with zero factual basis, so yes, I question what the fvck you are watching because what you are saying doesn’t match up in the slightest. 

16 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

First off, go fvck yourself, if anyone on this board has a superiority complex, it’s your stupid ass. All you can do is turn to insults, you are a classic message board tough guy. 

Second, you make bold statements with zero factual basis, so yes, I question what the fvck you are watching because what you are saying doesn’t match up in the slightest. 

awwwww rubber glue back to you!!! you’re killing it!!!

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

awwwww rubber glue back to you!!! you’re killing it!!!

Exactly. You've got nothing. You got called out on a ridiculous opinion and had to resort to insults, which is all you ever do. 

Come on guys we are all the same team here. Guys have opinions of what they see. I’m disagreed with all the time and I don’t care it’s what I see. I don’t want to give up on Sharangovich at all. His production dropped but does that come from minutes reduction? In my opinion he doesn’t have a high motor. But Boqvist has a high motor and besides being a non physical presence his game is pretty good other wise for the bottom 6. We still need a form of a power forward with skill to him. If it takes one of them in a trade I’d take it depending on the return. 

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Exactly. You've got nothing. You got called out on a ridiculous opinion and had to resort to insults, which is all you ever do. 

You think I’m the one that resorted to insults?! Are you actually a diagnosed narcissist or do you just play one on tv? 

My opinion isn’t ridiculous just because you disagree with it. Sharangovich doesn’t fit in the bottom 6 if this team ever adds a winger. Jesper Boqvist does more in a bottom-6 role than Sharangovich. There’s more to hockey than scoring goals, and lately Shango doesn’t even do that right. 

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

You think I’m the one that resorted to insults?! Are you actually a diagnosed narcissist or do you just play one on tv? 

My opinion isn’t ridiculous just because you disagree with it. Sharangovich doesn’t fit in the bottom 6 if this team ever adds a winger. Jesper Boqvist does more in a bottom-6 role than Sharangovich. There’s more to hockey than scoring goals, and lately Shango doesn’t even do that right. 

Let's see, I said your opinion on hockey is bad and I don't know if you are watching the games, which is entirely about hockey, and you called me a fvcking douchebag. So yes, you are the one who resorted to insults. The fact that you don't see that is probably part of your obvious mental illness and instability that you frequently display here. 

Your opinion is ridiculous because you think Jesper Boqvist "creates" when he is literally the worst player on our team. He does absolutely nothing but filling a jersey on a day to day basis, but he played one good game. 

The fact that I disagree with you and think your opinion is awful doesn't make me a douchebag. It's a disagreement about hockey, big fvcking deal. You just get inexplicably offended when someone disagrees with you and this is how you respond. Not the first time or the last time. 

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Let's see, I said your opinion on hockey is bad and I don't know if you are watching the games, which is entirely about hockey, and you called me a fvcking douchebag. So yes, you are the one who resorted to insults. The fact that you don't see that is probably part of your obvious mental illness and instability that you frequently display here. 

Your opinion is ridiculous because you think Jesper Boqvist "creates" when he is literally the worst player on our team. He does absolutely nothing but filling a jersey on a day to day basis, but he played one good game. 

The fact that I disagree with you and think your opinion is awful doesn't make me a douchebag. It's a disagreement about hockey, big fvcking deal. You just get inexplicably offended when someone disagrees with you and this is how you respond. Not the first time or the last time. 

jennifer lawrence ok GIF

Boqvist definitely isn’t the worst player on the team. 

Guys I’d say are categorically worse:

Bahl 

Smith 

There’s also plenty of nights where Miles Wood is, too. Hell, even Holtz until just recently. MB3 is right about the little things Boqvist does. Dude is almost never on the wrong end of making a bad play. 

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Boqvist definitely isn’t the worst player on the team. 

Guys I’d say are categorically worse:

Bahl 

Smith 

There’s also plenty of nights where Miles Wood is, too. Hell, even Holtz until just recently. MB3 is right about the little things Boqvist does. Dude is almost never on the wrong end of making a bad play. 

That's fine. I appreciate that people may disagree. Thank you for not calling me a fvcking douchebag while doing so. 

The one thing Boqvist does that Sharanagovich does not, is look like he gives a sh!t. That includes skating hard 5-on-5, willing to go at the defense. I think with better ice time/teammates he can be quite useful. Sharangovich for his lack of production does not show up in other areas of the game besides the PK.

27 minutes ago, devlman said:

The one thing Boqvist does that Sharanagovich does not, is look like he gives a sh!t. That includes skating hard 5-on-5, willing to go at the defense. I think with better ice time/teammates he can be quite useful. Sharangovich for his lack of production does not show up in other areas of the game besides the PK.

Would love to see just a little more offense out of Bo...closer to what he provided last season.  His other three NHL seasons (2019-20, 20-21, and this season) have been pretty similar (almost no offense at all).  But if he could manage 25-30 points as a 4th-liner (with an occasional "energy" goal, like the one he scored against the 'Canes), yeah, given the rest of his game, he could carve out a solid niche as a 4th-line guy.

Yeah my beef with Sharangovich is that he's one of those guys that needs to score 30+ (or come damned close) and cement himself in a Top 6 role to truly be useful.  He's not your ideal Bottom 6-type (unless he reinvents himself) and he doesn't really bring much else...even his PK abilities are kind of suspect overall, though he is a threat to score a shorty here and there (five of them in 171 career games).  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1