The Unintended Friday the 13th GDT Thread (1/13/23) Devs @ Ducks 10:00 PM EST ESPN + Hulu

Rock

33 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

That has NEVER been the Devils over the past 10 seasons, as far as being as bad as the 2022-23 Ducks go.  Like I said, the 2022-23 Ducks are a whole higher level of rotten.  This Ducks team might struggle to put up much more than 50 points.  They’ve already been outscored by more goals than any of the 2013-and-beyond Devils teams were for a full season.

As for this year, yeah, some of the rants are ridiculous and over the top, and the Devils are definitely held to an absurd standard in some circles where they better dare not slump or even lose a few games.  Some of that comes with having a team that actually is playing for something and has something to lose…it’s emotion, but a different kind than continually losing your sh!t over teams that never had much going for them to begin with.

The last 2-3 Devil seasons have been trickier because they teased with good starts, and there was some talent in house that it was easy to hope that the corner was being turned…when that didn’t happen (in spectacular fashion), it was plenty easy to lose our collective sh!t…I definitely did at times.  I’m just glad that corner’s been turned.  And that this season is back on track.  

There's important context here. If you strictly look at results and nothing else. Sure. But the structure and situation of the team is also very important in the big picture.

Compare those 2 teams. Maybe the Devils got more points that season but they were an old, slow, absolutely no chance at a cup, futureless team with no core players to build around and no prospects at all. While the Ducks have a ton of top end talent (and will get another one in a few months, maybe even THE prospect) and they WILL get better.

So in my opinion, it's much easier to still root for the Ducks knowing they'll only get better than trying to cheer for a dying team heading towards a cliff with absolutely no bright future in sight

image.thumb.jpeg.d445af87c640bd0832cc3eb68e73a63a.jpeg

Edited by SterioDesign

Don’t confuse fans on this message board for an entire fan base. We here are die hard, fully invested, cry ourselves to sleep if we lose fans. 99% of the fanbase isn’t represented by us. 

if you’re frequently on a message board in 2023 for the devils then you really like the devils.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, devlman said:

Don’t confuse fans on this message board for an entire fan base. We here are die hard, fully invested, cry ourselves to sleep if we lose fans. 99% of the fanbase isn’t represented by us. 

if you’re frequently on a message board in 2023 for the devils then you really like the devils.

But that would be the same for both fan bases…

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

But that would be the same for both fan bases…

I'm seeing this A LOT in MTL and well here a bit too (well any fanbase really). Fans using "being passionate" to justify acting like morons, a$$holes or completely irrational.

It's like men trying to justify being jealous, abusive and beating up their wives because "they love them too much" lol cmon now.

It's 200% possible to be very passionate or love something and still act rational and make good decisions lol It's truly just an excuse for being unable to handle their emotions

Edited by SterioDesign

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

I'm seeing this A LOT in MTL and well here a bit too (well any fanbase really). Fans using "being passionate" to justify acting like morons, a$$holes or completely irrational.

It's like men trying to justify being jealous, abusive and beating up their wives because "they love them too much" lol cmon now.

It's 200% possible to be very passionate or love something and still act rational and make good decisions lol It's truly just an excuse

Dude lol

Just now, mfitz804 said:

That is the weirdest way to agree with someone I have ever seen lol.  

Lol not every topic of discussion has to be right vs wrong. I didnt quote anyone, was just chiming in my two cents on the topic moving the discussion along.