The Unintended GDT Thread (1/14/23) Devs @ Kings 10:30 PM EST MSGSN

Rock

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

With flights, that’s not really that overpriced. Certainly not a bargain deal, but I was just looking at NY-LA flights that were $675 a ticket…

I wonder if it was cheaper for 2 people cause if you assume there are some couples / friends going together than that's a lot of money pissed away on just hotels. 

Gotta assume Ducks tickets could have been had for super cheap. I'm sure tonight's game was more expensive though. 

I got a trip to California coming up and was $217 round trip direct so it really all depends on when you're going and when you book. 

I certainly wouldn't drop 1,800 for what's probably 3 days total. 

4 minutes ago, devlman said:

But you can. Just because he’s playing at the minimum expected Standard over the last two weeks should not absolve him of making peewee level mistakes. I mean, the lack of focus and attention on that goal is inexcusable.

We know the guy has limitations, and we know if he’s playing a lot of minutes, he’ll again start to get exposed.  My point was all things considered, he’s fvcked up a lot less than I would’ve have expected with the increased ice time, and has even seen an uptick in offense lately.  Yeah, my first thought was “Oh fvck, there goes Seves”, but I haven’t been saying that much lately, so I’m willing to cut him a little slack, especially since it’s not like he’ll ever fully conquer those WTF moments.

Anyway…

Tomas

Ta-TAAAAAR

• Like 1

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

I wonder if it was cheaper for 2 people cause if you assume there are some couples / friends going together than that's a lot of money pissed away on just hotels. 

Gotta assume Ducks tickets could have been had for super cheap. I'm sure tonight's game was more expensive though. 

I got a trip to California coming up and was $217 round trip direct so it really all depends on when you're going and when you book. 

I certainly wouldn't drop 1,800 for what's probably 3 days total. 

Lmk what airline that was please, I still may have to make that trip. 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Lmk what airline that was please, I still may have to make that trip. 

United out of Newark, have a red eye coming back but I love red eye flights coming back from the west coast, you don't waste an entire day, get on the flight at like 11pm, sleep, wake up and get off at 8am the next day and have the whole day not wasted too

Edited by Satans Hockey

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

United out of Newark, have a red eye coming back but I love red eye flights coming back from the west coast, you don't waste an entire day, get on the flight at like 11pm, sleep, wake up and get off at 8am the next day and have the whole day not wasted toom

I’m the opposite, I can’t sleep on a plane. I like to get home, shower and go to sleep. 

• Like 1

Not sure if Smith would rather be on the ice or in the penalty box…