Trade Deadline Targets: Discuss

mikepeluso8

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

I assume you just missed my post so i'll ask again.

Considering you were upset at our GM for NOT signing Gaudreau. Would you not be upset with our GM if he'd let a 30 years old Jack Hughes walk right into free agency when it's known his brother is on a stack team with cap space to sign him? Would YOU not try to get him locked up the summer before or during the season... or you'd wait 2 weeks before free agency to make your first offer? Legit question.

Then the next summer, would you let Nico walk right into free agency? Then the summer after would you let Bratt AND Mercer walk right into free agency? And the summer after... would you let Nemec walk into free agency? Probably not right? Well that's precisely what he did.

The man systematically let all his top UFA walk right into free agency without trying to sign him until the very last minute where he had no leverage. Even Elias, so please stop making excuses, honestly.

Three cups.  I’ll take it.

• Like 1

Number of njdevs members ready willing and able to engage in the Lou debate one more time with SD:

image.jpeg.6b3b67bb4bea2d09c73df332accbd987.jpeg

• Like 4

Henrique with his 15th goal in 44 GP tonight.  Still very open to the idea of him coming back.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup, I would make that move if they retain salary. 

34 G and 33 A over 102 GP dating back to the start of last season.  For about $3 million per season (with only next season being a full year for Henrique) that‘s not bad.  

23 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

34 G and 33 A over 102 GP dating back to the start of last season.  For about $3 million per season (with only next season being a full year for Henrique) that‘s not bad.  

I’m not sure I even need them to retain half; retaining $2m leaving us with $4m wouldn’t be awful. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jagknife said:

When they trade Crappo and Laugh for Kane, I wonder if that fan who "saw jagr" in Crappo will stick to his guns...

I was actually thinking I could see them trading Laf, Kakko and something else for Meier.  And that would suck because the ONLY reason that trade happens is because of where Laf and Kakko were selected.  Neither one has shown much of a sign of justifying being a former 1OA and 2OA.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I was actually thinking I could see them trading Laf, Kakko and something else for Meier.  And that would suck because the ONLY reason that trade happens is because of where Laf and Kakko were selected.  Neither one has shown much of a sign of justifying being a former 1OA and 2OA.  

While I don’t see San Jose taking 2 underperforming high picks in one trade, it wouldn’t be the first time a team jumped to take garbage from the Rags. It seems like league tradition 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

While I don’t see San Jose taking 2 underperforming high picks in one trade, it wouldn’t be the first time a team jumped to take garbage from the Rags. It seems like league tradition 

Hopefully if it comes down to them or us, Nico gives us the edge. 

• Like 2

Laf AND Kakko is an overpayment for Meier who is likely just a rental for the Rangers. That's why I don't see this happening -- the Rangers are winger-rich, Panarin-Kreider-Trotchek-Kakko is as solid as it gets in terms of top-4 wingers. They're weak as hell down the middle, why not address that via trade?

After this season the Rangers are already paying Panarin 11.7, Mika 8.5, Fox 9.5 and Trouba 8.0. They can't really afford to pay Timo long term, especially since they'll owe Chytil a new deal and K'Andre Miller a massive contract this summer.

Idk. I don't see it. 

12 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Laf AND Kakko is an overpayment for Meier who is likely just a rental for the Rangers. That's why I don't see this happening -- the Rangers are winger-rich, Panarin-Kreider-Trotchek-Kakko is as solid as it gets in terms of top-4 wingers. They're weak as hell down the middle, why not address that via trade?

After this season the Rangers are already paying Panarin 11.7, Mika 8.5, Fox 9.5 and Trouba 8.0. They can't really afford to pay Timo long term, especially since they'll owe Chytil a new deal and K'Andre Miller a massive contract this summer.

Idk. I don't see it. 

Yeah this is fair...at least Hughes and Hischier's contacts are already bargains and very likely will continue to be...they can afford to bring in another big salary, maybe even two.  Can't say that about the Ranger situation, but I guess it depends on how much truth there really is to the whole "very top of the Rangers trade list" thing.  

And on the Ranger front, can't imagine Lafailiere gets much more AAV and term for his first extension than Kakko did.  They can keep them both and give them more time if they really want to.    

Just now, Jerrydevil said:

Weighing the risk-reward, I'm not sure I would trade for Meier. He won't sign an extension. Players like to have several teams bidding for their services, and for good reason. Do you think the Devils will go after him in the summer regardless?

Are you worried that since Meier has good fashion sense he might be gay? You can just say that, if that's what you're worried about. 

Also "going after a guy in the summer" is pretty gay man. Wouldn't want people getting the wrong ideas. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't believe any of the "high priced" guys will be traded for to come to NJ. Horvat will be looking for Kadri #'s, & we need to sign Bratt. We're up against the cap now. I know we're speculating here but these blockbuster trades (like 2 first, good player & a prospect) is BS. That fo schnozzle doesn't happen anymore. Yes I'd like to see Fitz scour the league for a complimentary winger for Jack (fast/good along the walls) or for Nico as well.

I think our D is great to end the year with. No need to tamper with it.  All these glittering shiny objects are too expensive unless they're willing to sign long term. I'd love Meier, but he'll get stupid $$ because a GM will overpay. 

btw,  wasn't it Rutherford that signed Miller, Hughes, and Petterson?  You don't sign a guy (after negotiations) and trade him! Because you look like a jackass with no clue. You don't sign or trade for player, and then turn around and get rid of him. IMO. 

• Like 1

Adam Henrique. Could be had for cheap. Anaheim may be willing to retain salary on that cap hit. 

2nd round, Walsh, and Johnsson maybe gets it done too. Anaheim is desperate. If they'll take Johnsson AND/OR retain some of Henrique's salary cap hit. 

Henrique can play anywhere in the lineup and he would almost certainly force Haula and Tatar down the lineup. I like the idea at least. 

I'm not for fiddling around with this defense much other than bringing in L.Hughes or Nemec/Okhotiyuk takes that Smith 3rd pairing spot tbf. 

19 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

On top of that Henrique has been a consistent .50 ppg player over the course of his career so far. This consistent point scoring can be shown to be lacking in the Devils bottom six or just vanish at times. Throw Adam Henrique into the top nine, pull out Boquist/Zetterlund/Holtz and I think the secondary scoring tightens up and so does the defensive game from the bottom six. He scores clutch goals or at least has that history. I think he could be good for a playoff-bound Devils team. He can really be a leader and be a part of something special here. 

He's solid in all three zones of the ice and he's been the analytics darling of the Ducks this year. The analytics are saying Adam Henrique might literally be the only thing holding the Anaheim Ducks together at this point. They absolutely CRATER when he's not on the ice. 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RizzMB30 said:

Adam Henrique. Could be had for cheap. Anaheim may be willing to retain salary on that cap hit. 

2nd round, Walsh, and Johnsson maybe gets it done too. Anaheim is desperate. If they'll take Johnsson AND/OR retain some of Henrique's salary cap hit. 

Henrique can play anywhere in the lineup and he would almost certainly force Haula and Tatar down the lineup. I like the idea at least. 

I'm not for fiddling around with this defense much other than bringing in L.Hughes or Nemec/Okhotiyuk takes that Smith 3rd pairing spot tbf. 

Henrique is good enough (and having a strong enough season) that the Ducks have to get something worthwhile for him.  Walsh isn’t an NHLer (neither is Johnsson at this point) and a 2nd rounder is a total crapshoot.  I’d give them Sharangovich because he’s a RFA to be and I’m not convinced he’s done enough for the Devils to commit to him beyond this season…but at least the Ducks get a player in return who’s still young and has shown flashes of being a pretty good player…Ducks will have the time to see if he can put it all together.

Henrique is signed through next year, so it’s not a pure rental.  As long as the Ducks pick up some money, I like the idea of getting him.