Trade Deadline Targets: Discuss

mikepeluso8

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Grier should be fired if he does that.

Yeah, I don't see it, DI just threw it out there, they don't see it either, it would just be horrible mismanagement by Grier.

I really hope they give Holtz with Nico and Palat, give the kid his first real chance, play Bratt with Mercer since I see he's going to second line C and no Jesper 2 at the moment.

Edited by Patrick Sundstrom Ghost

I cant confirm how reliable this is, but sounds legit. San Jose's asking price for Timo Meier.

Just read this:

Via SJ Hockey Now:

“What I’m hearing is a first-rounder — and one Grade-A or two Grade-B prospects, or one good prospect and a young, established NHL player.”

from the site below.

https://clutchpoints.com/nhl-rumors-timo-meier-asking-price-nhl-trade-deadline-sharks

Edited by Anhkheg
Typo and more info

It pains me to say this, but the Rangers are a cup contender and this is their window.  Adding Tarasenko will be huge for them.  Essentially, they gave up a first round pick for a chance to win the cup.

The Devils, on the other hand, are at the beginning and need to address the roster with a long term vision regarding the top 6.  That said, I do believe they need to address the 3C position.  I do think on D they can compete in the playoffs if Luke can step in and contribute.

I am so excited and optimistic, I can’t contain myself.

WE WANT TIMO!!!!

9 hours ago, Anhkheg said:

I cant confirm how reliable this is, but sounds legit. San Jose's asking price for Timo Meier.

Just read this:

from the site below.

https://clutchpoints.com/nhl-rumors-timo-meier-asking-price-nhl-trade-deadline-sharks

Seravelli said the same in a Meier article earlier this week. This almost looks directly from that article 

10 hours ago, Anhkheg said:

Just read this:

from the site below.

I think this is kind of what we’ve all been speculating it would take.. we have enough pieces to get it done… go get it done!

40 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

I think this is kind of what we’ve all been speculating it would take.. we have enough pieces to get it done… go get it done!

Sorry to be the d!ck here (no one’s shocked by that at this point) but does anyone truly believe that Fitz is going to put together the proper package to SJ and get Timo?  I sure as hell don’t.  100% convinced he’s going to Carolina or Pitt.  Since when do the Devils ever get lucky anymore?  I’m sure there are many here who subconsciously agree with me, but don’t need anyone to admit it.  Just fvcking pissed about this already.  Just want one fvcking thing to go right for this team.

24 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Sorry to be the d!ck here (no one’s shocked by that at this point) but does anyone truly believe that Fitz is going to put together the proper package to SJ and get Timo?  I sure as hell don’t.  100% convinced he’s going to Carolina or Pitt.  Since when do the Devils ever get lucky anymore?  I’m sure there are many here who subconsciously agree with me, but don’t need anyone to admit it.  Just fvcking pissed about this already.  Just want one fvcking thing to go right for this team.

Vitek, Dougie, Palat, Marino…

… THIS ENTIRE SEASON ACTUALLY PANNING OUT?!

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Congrats on watching the team draft 2 players 1st overall, (one of which is an absolute superstar) , successfully trading for a top goalie and defenseman, signing the top defensive free agent in 2021, and still finding a way to be miserable because nothing goes right. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Are you this miserable in real life?

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

I wanna party with this dude.

But as a long time Mets fan, I can kind of see it. Been hit on the head for so long it takes a while to see the sunshine. But, my friend, the sun is out! Enjoy it!

23 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Are you this miserable in real life?

In real life no, when it comes to my sports teams, absolutely.  Look who I root for and used to root for (don’t care about basketball anymore)

Devils

Mets

NY Giants (I’m not upset about them, they’ve at least won a couple championships in relatively recent times, ‘08 and ‘12)

Miami Hurricanes (football)

Used to be a Knicks fan

So as you can see I’ve mostly suffered for a very long time, need something right to happen for once.

2 hours ago, ajsgolf said:

Does anyone else picture this poster like this, or is it just me?

image.jpeg.2efacb65b448ab9d7fd12bbe3da14cda.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

In real life no, when it comes to my sports teams, absolutely.  Look who I root for and used to root for (don’t care about basketball anymore)

Devils

Mets

NY Giants (I’m not upset about them, they’ve at least won a couple championships in relatively recent times, ‘08 and ‘12)

Used to be a Knicks fan

So as you can see I’ve mostly suffered for a very long time, need something right to happen for once.

I get being jaded, truly I do. I even get being pessimistic

But to say you've had nothing to be happy about regarding the Devils, ESPECIALLY this season so far, is just depressingly pessimistic and watching the team with blinders on cause you want to be unhappy.

We finally are showing all that "well this team will eventually be good, then its our time!" talk is coming to fruition. The November run has now proven it wasn't just a lucky, schedule influenced streak. AND they have proved December was a normal lull and have pulled themselves right out of it.

I'm not looking to change your opinion, just maybe your outlook on how this team is FINALLY showing what we've been waiting for.

• Like 1

I'm running a 24-hour challenge race starting at 6pm tonight, and 32 thoughts is on my playlist for when my partner catches a nap and I'm going solo. Really looking forward to hearing this in context, but I like the play by Fitz. "Give us a chance to counter"

It absolutely does not mean Grier has to honor that request, but what would it hurt for him to not make that call back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ringtwins said:

Should we kick the tires on Larkin?

I asked this a week ago and no one bit. I'd totally make the call but in the end I think he wants to stay in DET. He's playing chicken but pretty sure we know Stevey Y isn't going to blink.

16 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I'm running a 24-hour challenge race starting at 6pm tonight, and 32 thoughts is on my playlist for when my partner catches a nap and I'm going solo. Really looking forward to hearing this in context, but I like the play by Fitz. "Give us a chance to counter"

It absolutely does not mean Grier has to honor that request, but what would it hurt for him to not make that call back.

I don't see why Grier wouldn't. It just means an opportunity for someone else to outbid, there is nothing to lose.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, jagknife said:

To me that sounds like Fitz has an offer on the table and San Jose thinks they can get a better deal. Hopefully SJ gives the Devils the courtesy of letting them match another offer. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Devils

Mets

Used to be a Knicks fan

Try being a Miami Dolphins fan.

I’m a Bengals and Devils fan, so I’m glad to say that things are finally looking up for my teams after a lot of dark years. I’m extremely grateful that the universe saw fit to send two franchise saviors in Jack Hughes and Joe Burrow.