Trade Deadline Targets: Discuss

mikepeluso8

13 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

NJ is getting rain all this week coming from the west. You're not gonna catch me outside in that. It's scary how the mainstream media isn't talking about this disaster.

Really scary stuff, it seems like it's being brushed off in a way they seem to be like it's fine. And people who live there are saying it's not fine. Hopefully they sort it out. On a brighter note hopefully that rain isn't the only thing coming to nj from the west this week #wewanttimo!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SeanMac16 said:

Really scary stuff, it seems like it's being brushed off in a way they seem to be like it's fine. And people who live there are saying it's not fine. Hopefully they sort it out. On a brighter note hopefully that rain isn't the only thing coming to nj from the west this week #wewanttimo!

Great pivot

• Haha 1

Idk if Fitz thinks this team needs another Dman, he very well may not, but I wonder what STL would want for a guy like Bortuzzo. He's under contract for an extra year at under 1mm and he's a big guy that, unlike Bahl, can make smart plays but also use his body. He can take stupid penalties at times but he knows how to use his size and he's a massive pain in the ass to play against. He also knows how to protect his goaltender.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I have visions of the Monty Python black knight 🤣

even if he is banged up, it doesn’t preclude him from being included in a deal. Sharks don’t need him to play tomorrow

Right. My hope continues to be that Grier wants to reunite Eklund and Holtz, and Eklund isn’t even in the NHL right now. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Anhkheg said:

Looking at Timo Meier and his stats, he has 31g, 13 ppg and is -19 with the team high being something like -21. Pretty much been a minus player past few years and his lack of defense may be a liability in the playoffs.

I don’t think the devils would be bringing him in for his defense, I’d be size in the offensive zone.

Also remember the sharks haven’t been great for a few years. I personally am not worried about a power forward’s plus-minus.

But also lastly, it’s an amazing feeling that we finally are worried about postseason performance as a legitimate concern again. Been so long since we’ve had that 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Anhkheg said:

Looking at Timo Meier and his stats, he has 31g, 13 ppg and is -19 with the team high being something like -21. Pretty much been a minus player past few years and his lack of defense may be a liability in the playoffs.

You can’t be serious? You’re worried about his +/-? He plays on an absolutely horrendous team, and he gets a ton of ice time, ofc he’s going to have a bad +/-

Idk where else some of you think a true top 6 sniper is going to come from, because other than Holtz (who I think most of us are about 50/50 on at this point - at best) it sure as hell isn’t coming from within the organization. All our best prospects are on defense. 

Personally, I’m tired of watching Jack and Nico drag scrubs around on their wing. Timo will score 40 in his sleep playing with either one of them. Especially Jack. This is the type of move teams that are close make. We are close. The rebuild is over folks, in case you haven’t noticed. We have one glaring need atm: a true top 6 winger. And if Bratt leaves we’ll probably need two. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Blues apparently in on the mix as well, per Frank Servalli.

They'll have multiple 1st round picks.  If the Blues want multiple picks to move around in the draft as has been rumored... they could be a very real threat.

Would the Blues do it without an extension? Probably not since they have no reason to get him on a pure rental basis. They're in the same boat as NJ and that means Timo holds cards because if he doesn't want to sign with STL then all their first round picks are moot.

CAR is still the team NJ is competing with. They'll take him as a pure rental and Fridge on 32 thoughts this week speculated they might even be willing to QO him next season and then talk extension after... If that is true it's probably bad news for us.

17 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Would the Blues do it without an extension? Probably not since they have no reason to get him on a pure rental basis. They're in the same boat as NJ and that means Timo holds cards because if he doesn't want to sign with STL then all their first round picks are moot.

CAR is still the team NJ is competing with. They'll take him as a pure rental and Fridge on 32 thoughts this week speculated they might even be willing to QO him next season and then talk extension after... If that is true it's probably bad news for us.

Blues have the following in the first round:

Their own pick

Either the Rangers' or Dallas' pick (Blues will get the lower of the two)

Leafs' pick

But yeah the big question is why would Meier want to go to a non-playoff contender?  And also what do the Blues really have to offer other than a couple of lower-half first rounders?  Are they willing to give up their own pick (the one that will obviously be the highest) along with at least another first-rounder for Meier? 

Still feels like this will come down to the Devils or the Canes.  Based on what each team has to offer, I'd honestly give a slight edge to the Devils but of course it depends on how much Fitz wants to give up and if there's any chance that Meier is willing to sign an extension (or if the Sharks even allow Lemieux to speak to the Devils re:  a new contract).  Who knows what the case really is but based on the chatter, sounds like Carolina is willing to go a little bit further...but I always wonder if any of this "insider" info is really all that inside.  

This would be massive and also makes me wonder why the hell STL would want Meier if they are selling Parayko.

EDIT: Apparently he isn't as good as he was in that SC playoff push...like no where near as good. 7 years at 6.5 and he is 29. You're lucky to get decent years out of that and he apparently plays the 3rd pair.

Edited by NJDevils1214

22 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Apparently he isn't as good as he was in that SC playoff push...like no where near as good. 7 years at 6.5 and he is 29. You're lucky to get decent years out of that and he apparently plays the 3rd pair.

That's gotta be right up there for worst contract in the league.