Trade Deadline Targets: Discuss

mikepeluso8

41 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Also shocking the Rangers go for the shiniest toy, even if that's not necessarily what they really need.  Let 'em have Kane.

Agreed.  I don't think there is enough time left in the season to really integrate two former super stars into your lineup and not totally f up the chemistry.   

1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

Agreed.  I don't think there is enough time left in the season to really integrate two former super stars into your lineup and not totally f up the chemistry.   

The funny thing is this is all damned near identical to the "Behind the Scenes" stuff that happened during the shooting of the first Back To The Future movie:

The player the Rangers wanted initially (Kane - Michael J Fox) is unavailable for whatever the reason, so here comes a pivot to a less desirable choice, but one that is reasonable and could ultimately work out (Tarasenko - Eric Stoltz).

Then somewhat surprisingly, the opportunity to grab the guy you really REALLY wanted in Kane suddenly presents itself, and won't be too expensive...but you've already been playing with Tarasenko for 7 games, who really based on this season has been about what you should've expected...not bad, but not really lighting up...and ultimately maybe not quite right?  Or more to the point, not Kane.

Of course, you can't just sh!t-can Tarasenko for Kane (the way Stoltz was canned to make room for Fox), so now you're stuck with both through the end of the season.  And though I'm sure several Ranger fans are in "Wow we're gonna have BOTH look at us duuuuuuuuh!" mode, I think that Drury clearly never truly wanted that.  I think if he could, he'd even consider moving Tarasenko, but he'll just live with it, let Tarasenko walk at season's end (I think he was meant to be a rental anyway), and then sign Kane to an annoying team-friendly, 3 or 4 year deal.  Oh well...it is what it is.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

1 hour ago, nessus said:

Hey I thought you got banned 

Heh heh no relationship or girlfriend analogies though...

EDIT:  Also no one calling me a virgin with Dorito-crusted fingers and then 10 pages of back-and-forth insults...

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, slasher72 said:

What's with the banning and purging? I stepped away from the board for a few months.

Two regulars went at it as normal, got very ugly, a third kept stoking the flames, board went down for a few days, mass hysteria and panic.

then it came back and the survivors are having fun again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

On today’s 32 thoughts, Elliott mentioned us being possibly interested in Vrana from Detroit.

I can’t remember which posted brought up the idea I wanna say two weeks ago but looks like their hunch at least has some smoke.

He said NJ didn't send a scout tho. I bet Fitz called Steve and then hung up the phone because the price was stupid.

EDIT: Also, I just listed to that episode today too and completely missed that it was from Monday LOL.

Edited by NJDevils1214

2 hours ago, slasher72 said:

What's with the banning and purging? I stepped away from the board for a few months.

The 3 people that caused the majority of the problems here were finally banned permanently. And it’s been a breath of fresh air ever since. 

• Like 5

I obviously really want Meier on this team. I think he's the best fit of all available players, especially with how he is producing so much on such an awful Sharks team. He can produce without a ton of talent around him, he would be the perfect complement for Jack, and he would give the power play a huge boost with his shot alone.

But if not him, there are a few reasons I think Buchnevich, who I'm not even sure is available at this point, is a great fit. If you watch him, he isn't the type of player to be a major play driver, like Meier can be. He actually has produced a lot of his offense while playing with top Blues players such as Robert Thomas or Tarasenko. He just seems to get in the right spot to get that easy goal, and can anticipate play so well, that he knows where to find rebounds. Plus he's got a pretty good shot. He is also quite good defensively. This, to me, is an upgrade on what we were hoping for from Sharangovich this season. He isn't going to be the main guy on his line, but that's not what we need. We need someone to finish the chances Jack creates. Buchnevich really could be that guy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nessus said:

I obviously really want Meier on this team. I think he's the best fit of all available players, especially with how he is producing so much on such an awful Sharks team. He can produce without a ton of talent around him, he would be the perfect complement for Jack, and he would give the power play a huge boost with his shot alone.

But if not him, there are a few reasons I think Buchnevich, who I'm not even sure is available at this point, is a great fit. If you watch him, he isn't the type of player to be a major play driver, like Meier can be. He actually has produced a lot of his offense while playing with top Blues players such as Robert Thomas or Tarasenko. He just seems to get in the right spot to get that easy goal, and can anticipate play so well, that he knows where to find rebounds. Plus he's got a pretty good shot. He is also quite good defensively. This, to me, is an upgrade on what we were hoping for from Sharangovich this season. He isn't going to be the main guy on his line, but that's not what we need. We need someone to finish the chances Jack creates. Buchnevich really could be that guy.

Won’t ever happen but you wonder if there’s some three-team deal that sees the Blues get Meier, the Devils get Buchnevich, and the Sharks nab a bunch of picks and a prospect.

1 hour ago, nessus said:

I think Meier should play on Nico wing, not because he played with Nico few games years ago, but because he can drive by his own and score by his own too. And Jack is no more playmaker, he drive and shot by his own and need some interior player to help retrive the puck or score on rebounds. Meier is more pure shooter.  Anyway I believe they will find good chemistry and will try Meier with Jack and Nico.
I would be happy to trade Buchnevich or Hayes for the the right compensation. Or Wilson if he is available. Trenin or Nino as depth option.  There are a lot of good players who can be available. I missed the buyer role.

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 2