Trade Deadline Targets: Discuss

mikepeluso8

33 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

mfitz? I dont think ive seen him around in a while but i dont recall if he fit the description… Moustic? …. Definitely mike brown where ever he may be

You had me terrified that @moustic got the ban because I hadn't heard from him but looks like he's still lurking here as of Valentine's Day. I think you're confusing another French speaker with him. 

6 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

You had me terrified that @moustic got the ban because I hadn't heard from him but looks like he's still lurking here as of Valentine's Day. I think you're confusing another French speaker with him. 

I literally dont know who got bounced i was just thinking of people that haven’t been around that are usually regulars….with mikebrown being the joke lol

1 hour ago, pumpkin cutter said:

i'm on board for a few 3rd/4th liners. goalie will be tough. if blackwood can stay healthy i would be ok with that tandem. 

There’s a better chance of Miles Wood winning the Hart trophy than that happening. 

• Like 1
  • Shocking 1

2 hours ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

I literally dont know who got bounced i was just thinking of people that haven’t been around that are usually regulars….with mikebrown being the joke lol

Poor Mike Brown. Perfect example of a guy getting chased off because some of the people who aren’t here anymore constantly mocked him. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Poor Mike Brown. Perfect of example of a guy getting chased off because some of the people who aren’t here anymore constantly mocked him. 

He brought some decent content at times but he was also a bit much at other times… but this is a forum board.. if you’re on here you’re obviously a pretty die hard fan which is what brings us all together. Some more educated than others, but i love coming here to learn and find out new sh!t i didnt know the day before. It’s unfortunate that there is a bit of a bullying atmosphere at times when opinions differ, text is hard to figure out emotion through so i think at times certain comments may get taken out of context( which i too am guilty of going both ways)… but overall, I've been here for about 10 years now, i read and lurked for a bit before i made an account. I read here a lot more often than i even post, but we have a pretty decent community

Edited by 2ELIAS6
  • Like 5

29 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

I've been here since 2006 and I have never seen Moustic once say anything that would get him in trouble. I never got what people's problem was with Mike Brown. I think he was the guy that did the "game recaps" or whatever? Never got what people hated so much about those. Could have just ignored them if they didn't like them.

• Like 2

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

I've been here since 2006 and I have never seen Moustic once say anything that would get him in trouble. I never got what people's problem was with Mike Brown. I think he was the guy that did the "game recaps" or whatever? Never got what people hated so much about those. Could have just ignored them if they didn't like them.

Same goes for advanced stats. A certain someone who’s not here anymore never missed an opportunity to remind everyone how supposedly useless they are. I used to find different things I’d see interesting and post them here, but I eventually just stopped bothering. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Same goes for advanced stats. A certain someone who’s not here anymore never missed an opportunity to remind everyone how supposedly useless they are. I used to find different things I’d see interesting and post them here, but I eventually just stopped bothering. 

Yea I'm with you. His argument was like "well if you reserve the right to post it then I reserve the right to tell you it's stupid every single time" which is just one example of why the the breakup has been an overwhelming net positive for the board.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

He brought some decent content at times but he was also a bit much at other times… but this is a forum board.. if you’re on here you’re obviously a pretty die hard fan which is what brings us all together. Some more educated than others, but i love coming here to learn and find out new sh!t i didnt know the day before. It’s unfortunate that there is a bit of a bullying atmosphere at times when opinions differ, text is hard to figure out emotion through so i think at times certain comments may get taken out of context( which i too am guilty of going both ways)… but overall, I've been here for about 10 years now, i read and lurked for a bit before i made an account. I read here a lot more often than i even post, but we have a pretty decent community

Great points.  Well said man. 

3 hours ago, Guadana said:

I think Meier should play on Nico wing, not because he played with Nico few games years ago, but because he can drive by his own and score by his own too. And Jack is no more playmaker, he drive and shot by his own and need some interior player to help retrive the puck or score on rebounds. Meier is more pure shooter.  Anyway I believe they will find good chemistry and will try Meier with Jack and Nico.
I would be happy to trade Buchnevich or Hayes for the the right compensation. Or Wilson if he is available. Trenin or Nino as depth option.  There are a lot of good players who can be available. I missed the buyer role.

I actually agree with this. Not sure why I posted otherwise before. I am not sure the net benefit of putting two of the league's top shot generators on the same line (Hughes, Meier) exceeds the benefit of spreading the talent between two lines.  The idea would be to keep Jack and Bratt together and put them with a Mercer/Palat type of player who can accomplish what you're talking about.

1 hour ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

I personally liked Mike Brown's recaps. It was a regular feature that brought game closure to me lol. I'm very conservative so it appealed to me.

People used to get bullied out of this place because many of the outspoken members here used to falsely represent the board consensus. Plenty of people liked Mike Brown, probably more liked him than didn't. But you had a few particular people here criticizing his every post for no reason at all, probably making him (and others) feel unwelcome. But that same scenario did come in handy for that Glen guy. "I'm in my 40s and you can't treat me like this!!!"

Edited by nessus
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, jagknife said:

On today’s 32 thoughts, Elliott mentioned us being possibly interested in Vrana from Detroit.

I can’t remember which posted brought up the idea I wanna say two weeks ago but looks like their hunch at least has some smoke.

Initially, when I read Vrana is available, I thought this might be a good opportunity to get a scoring winger at a good value.  However, I have no idea what his issues are and how it could affect the locker room.

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I saw some rumblings on 32 thoughts about Severson. I emailed Friedman a week and a half ago about Severson but he didn't respond. I still think EDM might be interested given he'd fit much easier than Karlsson.

Only problem with that is who’s taking his spot if they move him? It would suck to lose him for nothing this offseason, but we also kind need him for this playoff run. Luke can’t join the team until Michigan’s season is over, and Nemec doesn’t really seem ready yet. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Puckbuster said:

Initially, when I read Vrana is available, I thought this might be a good opportunity to get a scoring winger at a good value.  However, I have no idea what his issues are and how it could affect the locker room.

My take is unless they’re Mike Jefferson/Danton levels of issues that go well beyond any player assistance program, I’m willing to give them a shot on this team.

Devils as an organization have had players deal with their demons and still be parts of championship teams.

I’d wanna know how well he’s been playing since returning from Grand Rapids, beyond just the stat line

8 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Only problem with that is who’s taking his spot if they move him? It would suck to lose him for nothing this offseason, but we also kind need him for this playoff run. Luke can’t join the team until Michigan’s season is over, and Nemec doesn’t really seem ready yet. 

Most games he’s playing bottom pairing minutes so he could be replaced if they get a deal they can’t turn down. But he’s played bigger minutes on a few occasions recently too. Then we could run into trouble

18 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

I’m not sure why we’re acting like it can’t be spoken of… can’t someone just say who got kicked out already lol

Mfitz, stereo, MB3. There, said it.

4 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

my guess is he’s traded tonight after the sharks game. Speculation is that they don’t want to overshadow Marleau night 

And Kane is gonna be a Ranger by tonight I bet

• Like 1