Trade Deadline Targets: Discuss

mikepeluso8

4 minutes ago, devlman said:

Price for Timo goes up if Kane goes to the Rags and Grier knows it.

Timo + Wilson would be beautiful.

I don’t think we can afford both unless we unload Severson and Blackwood. I think Wilson has a 5 million hit, plus Meiers 6

Edited by Devil Dan 56

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

Price for Timo goes up if Kane goes to the Rags and Grier knows it.

Timo + Wilson would be beautiful.

I don't see how since as of a week ago it seemed like there was little interest in Kane and everyone "knows" Kane only wants to be a Rag, so I doubt other teams are realistically entertaining it. Boeser is still out there though but the rumors were that Meier would go before Boeser.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I don’t think we can afford both unless we unload Severson and Blackwood. I think Wilson has a 5 million hit 

Salary retention via some additional picks could do it. And of course like you suggest we’d have to salary dump a couple guys Mango, Severson.

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

I don't see how since as of a week ago it seemed like there was little interest in Kane and everyone "knows" Kane only wants to be a Rag, so I doubt other teams are realistically entertaining it. Boeser is still out there though but the rumors were that Meier would go before Boeser.

Right but no one really thought the Rags could pull off acquiring Kane after getting Tarasenko. Now it seems like they’re doing everything they can to make that a reality. That’s our first round opponent and biggest rival we’re talking about. We can’t come away from the Timo sweepstakes empty handed.

4 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Domi would be funny since Tie supposedly still hates the Devils to this day. But I’d prefer Wilson if we can’t get Meier. Meier is much more of a long term acquisition and can change the teams dynamic playing with Nico or Jack for the better part of the next decade. Wilson would be that Claude Lemieux dirt bag that this team hasn’t had in a long time. 

I think someone on this board said a friend of theirs asked Tie Domi to sign something for them and handed him a pen. Domi then asked what their favorite team was and the guy said "the Devils", after which Domi threw the pen back at him and said "F you". Lol. 

So yes, getting his kid here would be hilarious in that way. Plus if we had him and Wilson on his team, Max would be an even bigger pest to other teams knowing he had serious muscle alongside him. 

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

Right but no one really thought the Rags could pull off acquiring Kane after getting Tarasenko. Now it seems like they’re doing everything they can to make that a reality. That’s our first round opponent and biggest rival we’re talking about. We can’t come away from the Timo sweepstakes empty handed.

This is a different point from your last post about Kane being off the market affects the price for Timo...unless you mean the Rags getting Kane means Fitz is going to be willing to pay more for Timo?

I doubt management is doing anything in response to what another team is doing. Fans speculate these sorts of things and say stuff like "must win" and "can't go empty handed" but the team execs are much more based because they know it's about the long run/big picture. No way Fitz suddenly agrees to pay a premium for Timo just because the rags got Kane with a hip that is crumbling to dust like an ancient Egyptian relic(lol).

3 minutes ago, devlman said:

He might be a perfect fit but we don't HAVE to have him, thats where Grier loses his leverage.

The Rangers can have all the toys they want for offense, their defense is still porous this season and sh!tstork is back to earth.

The window is just opening for us, Drury is desperate to get his Cup cause I'm betting Dolan is putting a ton of pressure on him.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jagknife said:

He might be a perfect fit but we don't HAVE to have him, thats where Grier loses his leverage.

The Rangers can have all the toys they want for offense, their defense is still porous this season and sh!tstork is back to earth.

The window is just opening for us, Drury is desperate to get his Cup cause I'm betting Dolan is putting a ton of pressure on him.

look bay GIF

Yea....but I WANT him.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

This is a different point from your last post about Kane being off the market affects the price for Timo...unless you mean the Rags getting Kane means Fitz is going to be willing to pay more for Timo?

I doubt management is doing anything in response to what another team is doing. Fans speculate these sorts of things and say stuff like "must win" and "can't go empty handed" but the team execs are much more based because they know it's about the long run/big picture. No way Fitz suddenly agrees to pay a premium for Timo just because the rags got Kane with a hip that is crumbling to dust like an ancient Egyptian relic(lol).

Yup, this is what I’m getting at. Not necessarily that Fitz will be willing to pay more for Timo but Grier may think that way when he sees what our first round opponent is doing.

14 minutes ago, jagknife said:

This is what I hope Fitz maintains - that we don’t need Timo and that he sticks to his offer without overpaying.

1 minute ago, devlman said:

Yup, this is what I’m getting at. Not necessarily that Fitz will be willing to pay more for Timo but Grier may think that way when he sees what our first round opponent is doing.

Yea I don't think so. I think Fitz is going to stick to the plan he and his team came up with and Rags gonna Rag because that is what Dolan makes the Rags do. All we can do is hope Chicago is willing to at least try to hold out and make the Rags pay SOMETHING significant or one of the teams retaining salary does. I hope they clear their coffers to get this sh!t done and fall flat on their face like they always do.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

look bay GIF

Yea....but I WANT him.

I do too, just saying we don't HAVE to make a deal.

I spent this week trying to temper my expectations, but the last 12 hours or so I'm back on the Please Get Timo bandwagon.

Saw in the Athletic that a proposal trade could be a first, holtz and one of: Casey, 2pacShakir or Schmid. I'd do it for either of the defenders but not Schmid.

This is what I hope Fitz maintains - that we don’t need Timo and that he sticks to his offer without overpaying.

I thought you were saying we have to make the deal and that Grier will boost his demands because of that. My apologies for misunderstanding

I don't think Kane will impact a Meier deal because one player had NMC and the other is simply an RFA with a brutal qualifier.

Just now, Anhkheg said:

Rangers with Tarasenko in the last 4 games:

image.png.369a8ffaefa6579d683c79877eb6a5c3.png

And right now they are trailing the caps 3-1. You think Kane will all of sudden change their fortune.

He isn't great defensively, so my answer is an outright no

Not gonna win playoff games 7-6 when your defense is anemic and your goalie is human again

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

He isn't great defensively, so my answer is an outright no

Not gonna win playoff games 7-6 when your defense is anemic and your goalie is human again

The one thing I notice with the Rangers is, they make a trade, have 3-4 good games and everyone starts talking about how great they've become and will win the cup etc etc, then they come back to their normal selves.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I thought you were saying we have to make the deal and that Grier will boost his demands because of that. My apologies for misunderstanding

I don't think Kane will impact a Meier deal because one player had NMC and the other is simply an RFA with a brutal qualifier.

No it’s fine I clearly didnt explain it well. It’s funny the position Mike Grier is in being a rookie GM and now dealing with Karlsson and Meier trades. He seems to be playing hard ball to the point where I could see him going to Fitz saying look what the Rags are doing, you need Timo more than we need to trade him to you.

5 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

This is a fvcking joke. How do you even tweet something like this? Period of reflection...

Period of reflection??? I would be utterly embarrassed to have my agent say something so ridiculous.

• Like 1

No it’s fine I clearly didnt explain it well. It’s funny the position Mike Grier is in being a rookie GM and now dealing with Karlsson and Meier trades. He seems to be playing hard ball to the point where I could see him going to Fitz saying look what the Rags are doing, you need Timo more than we need to trade him to you.

Period of reflection??? I would be utterly embarrassed to have my agent say something so ridiculous.

Pretty pathetic. I’d fire him for that.