Trade Deadline Targets: Discuss

mikepeluso8

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Get the feeling if this happens, it’s gonna be Holtz, Zetterlund (originally didn’t see him being involved), 2023 first-rounder, and one other piece (Muk or Casey, if I had to guess).  Assuming Timo’s signed, I can absolutely live with that being the package going the other way.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Get the feeling if this happens, it’s gonna be Holtz, Zetterlund (originally didn’t see him being involved), 2023 first-rounder, and one other piece (Muk or Casey, if I had to guess).  Assuming Timo’s signed, I can absolutely live with that being the package going the other way.

That seems like all of our most tradable assets, so it would be nice if it’s only 3/4 of that but you really can’t complain about it when youre on the quality side of a quantity for quality trade.   

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

That seems like all of our most tradable assets, so it would be nice if it’s only 3/4 of that but you really can’t complain about it when youre on the quality side of a quantity for quality trade.   

Yeah if Timo’s locked up, it’s hard to feel like it’s a bad move for the Devils. If it’s somehow only 3 out of 4 then Fitz did a hell of a job.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

If that was to be the package, am I correct in thinking the one piece no one here wants to have to give up is Zetterlund?

If Meier is the return, I doubt any Devils fan has any issue with Zetterlund being part of this deal.  And that’s no knock on Fabian.  But the Devils would not only be getting the best piece in the deal, but also getting a player who fills a need and makes them better.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

If that was to be the package, am I correct in thinking the one piece no one here wants to have to give up is Zetterlund?

I’ve seen that mentioned, i dont really see the issue, I’d move him or shar .. as long as it’s not Mercer that good is going to be even better next season. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

I’ve seen that mentioned, i dont really see the issue, I’d move him or shar .. as long as it’s not Mercer that good is going to be even better next season. 

Mentioned this in the GDT, but Mercer ever being a part of this deal is obviously not a thing anymore…and it probably never was.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Not necessarily.   Short term it hurts to lose someone not named Wood off the NHL roster but in general, I was just thinking that’s pretty much all of the worthwhile assets I would be willing to part with for help all in one trade.

…but then again, it’s Timo F’ing Meier 

• Like 1

It feels weird because I pretty much had moved on from the idea of Meier coming here, mostly because it was obvious that Fitz had no intention of including Mercer in any Meier trade…but it feels like Grier realizes that he’s simply going to have to accept a little less (or simply more quantity) to get something worthwhile back.  Devils can still offer a reasonable package.

• Like 2

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It feels weird because I pretty much had moved on from the idea of Meier coming here, mostly because it was obvious that Fitz had no intention of including Mercer in any Meier trade…but it feels like Grier realizes that he’s simply going to have to accept a little less (or simply more quantity) to get something worthwhile back.  Devils can still offer a reasonable package.

Sorry, you left out your number, scale of 1-10 on nervous scale please?  I know it’s stupid but it’s entertaining :)

1 minute ago, ajsgolf said:

Sorry, you left out your number, scale of 1-10 on nervous scale please?  I know it’s stupid but it’s entertaining :)

Maybe a 7?

14 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Ok, how nervous is everyone today?  Scale of 1-10? Lol

I’m going to go with a nice solid 7.5, either way I just want the Meier thing to be over already. But as soon as it’s announced he’s signing his big extension here I’m taking my ass right over to cool hockey and ordering a jersey!

Just now, ajsgolf said:

How do we know for sure he said that?

C’mon, he’s not trading a 21-year-old who’s scored 8 goals in his last 6 games and still an ELC year left…and who is clearly cementing himself as key piece of this young core.  including Dawson as part of this trade would make no sense.  

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

C’mon, he’s not trading a 21-year-old who’s scored 8 goals in his last 6 games and still an ELC year left…and who is clearly cementing himself as key piece of this young core.  including Dawson as part of this trade would make no sense.  

Trust me I completely agree with you but we just have to hope he’s not that stupid.  I’m really hoping.

Just now, ajsgolf said:

Trust me I completely agree with you but we just have to hope he’s not that stupid.  I’m really hoping.

He isn’t.