Trade Deadline Targets: Discuss

mikepeluso8

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Does SJ really wanna trade Meier in their division? And what exactly is Vegas giving up? Their prospect pool sucks.

Yeah seems like Vegas would have a difficult time matching any Devil offer.  And yeah, not sure why the Sharks would want to trade him to a division opponent.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Does SJ really wanna trade Meier in their division? And what exactly is Vegas giving up? Their prospect pool sucks.

Yeah, it would pretty much have to be a whole bunch of picks if they want to beat our offer. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jagknife said:

This is the most “positive” I think I’ve ever seen @ajsgolf.

It’s different haha

Lol it’s just that they’re not playing today.  Let’s see how I am on Wednesday.  That’ll be a brutal one.  Like people have said previously, Lindy Ruff is not the answer.  Proof is what he did with Buffalo, outside of one cup appearance, he hasn’t been impressive.  I’m sick of him and others on the team saying they have to clean up the 1st periods.  Well do it already, been over 50 games and they still can’t play a full 60 mins most nights.  What does it take?

Just now, ajsgolf said:

Lol it’s just that they’re not playing today.  Let’s see how I am on Wednesday.  That’ll be a brutal one.  Like people have said previously, Lindy Ruff is not the answer.  Proof is what he did with Buffalo, outside of one cup appearance, he hasn’t been impressive.  I’m sick of him and others on the team saying they have to clean up the 1st periods.  Well do it already, been over 50 games and they still can’t play a full 60 mins most nights.  What does it take?

The first periods weren’t really a problem the first couple of months, but yeah, Lindy’s main problem is lack of ability to make adjustments and correct issues when teams adjust to HIM.

That being said, this is the trade thread, should probably stick to that…especially with a huge move potentially about to happen.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The first periods weren’t really a problem the first couple of months, but yeah, Lindy’s main problem is lack of ability to make adjustments and correct issues when teams adjust to HIM.

That being said, this is the trade thread, should probably stick to that…especially with a huge move potentially about to happen.  

Alright I’ll do better.  So back to my scale, now after @RunninWithTheDevil made his last post about this potentially happening in the next 24 hours, what’s your number at now?

Just now, ajsgolf said:

Alright I’ll do better.  So back to my scale, now after @RunninWithTheDevil made his last post about this potentially happening in the next 24 hours, what’s your number at now?

Still a 7 because unless some other team jumps in with an insane offer, it really feels like this is going to happen.

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Still a 7 because unless some other team jumps in with an insane offer, it really feels like this is going to happen.

I feel like when the Devils get a player it happens out of nowhere, not when people are expecting it to happen, just like Kovalsuck.

Just now, ajsgolf said:

I feel like when the Devils get a player it happens out of nowhere, not when people are expecting it to happen, just like Kovalsuck.

Dennis Potvin called Kovy a day or two before it happened.

But that was also more Lou’s MO (keeping potential deals under wraps) than a Devil thing…Horvat was the latest of those.  

Vegas just acquired Barbashev from the Blues for a prospect.  Maybe they already pivoted?

1 minute ago, Crisis said:

Barbashev to the Knights!

Just beat me to it heh heh.

• Like 1

Just now, jagknife said:

Does…. Does that probably seal it for us….?!!

Unless they plan to include him in a deal for Meier themselves, but sure feels like a Plan B move to me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Does…. Does that probably seal it for us….?!!

The stutter was perfect, but like everyone knows my negativity by now, still somehow expect some random freaking team come in and snag Meier at the end like this.  Just been way too many years of such horrible hockey to stay positive throughout this whole thing.

5 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

The stutter was perfect, but like everyone knows my negativity by now, still somehow expect some random freaking team come in and snag Meier at the end like this.  Just been way too many years of such horrible hockey to stay positive throughout this whole thing.

But this isn’t one of those horrible years.  So lighten the fvck up already man!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

image.gif.a9f78ce53363e2b8ffa85b6d34ec5184.gif

• Thanks 1