Trade Deadline Targets: Discuss

mikepeluso8

7 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

The stutter was perfect, but like everyone knows my negativity by now, still somehow expect some random freaking team come in and snag Meier at the end like this.  Just been way too many years of such horrible hockey to stay positive throughout this whole thing.

Dude they just hung a touchdown last night, have a beer and enjoy this one

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Does…. Does that probably seal it for us….?!!

You would think. Unless some dark horse team comes out of nowhere with an offer he accepts.

I'll say this much...if Timo goes to Columbus in the 11th hour, this entire board might need counseling and therapy 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

I think the only thing holding up a trade for Meier is the extension.  As posted above, he’s looking for 9 while the Devils are at 8.  It makes sense that the Devils would probably settle for 8.5.  I can only assume that Bratt would get a similar offer.

I think the Bratt aspect is being overlooked; Fitz can’t pay Meier more than Bratt. If he gives Meier 9, Bratt is going ‘what about me?!’ So yeah they need to find a happy medium to keep everyone happy.

• Like 2

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

I think the Bratt aspect is being overlooked; Fitz can’t pay Meier more than Bratt. If he gives Meier 9, Bratt is going ‘what about me?!’ So yeah they need to find a happy medium to keep everyone happy.

This saga has been going on for at least a month. I have a hard time believing Fitz would go in like this with the rumored number being 9 and then be at this stage and get hung up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

This saga has been going on for at least a month. I have a hard time believing Fitz would go in like this with the rumored number being 9 and then be at this stage and get hung up.

If anything I’m guessing Fitz might be trying to sell him on taking just a little less to give the Devils a better chance to keep this thing together long-term…assuming he’s even allowed to talk to Lemieux at this point.

• Like 2

Just now, Rob_Ottawa said:

Greer better be careful. He could price his way out of the market and end up with nothing. Less than 1 week left. 

Honestly my optimistic guess is it’s the contract/extension holding up the announcement. 

My pessimistic guess is Buffalo is throwing the kitchen sink cause Buffalo.

9 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Greer better be careful. He could price his way out of the market and end up with nothing. Less than 1 week left. 

He could very well, hold onto Timmo until the offseason. People forget,Grier does not HAVE to make a move right now.  That's more of a concern for me then a team like Buffalo stepping in last second.

Edited by Muevelos