Trade Deadline Targets: Discuss

mikepeluso8

15 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Extra bottom six depth for playoff run. Who knows what can happen. Basically he replaces Zetterlund, can take faceoffs on the depth chart and we know he's an NHLer who can hold his own. 

We didn't really spend anything to get him and he's insurance in case McLeod or Wood don't want to be here or bolt at the end of the year. 

I think Wood and McLeod could get deals done to stay. Especially with Wood's production this year. Not sure really what Fitz does there. Either way Lazar is a good guy to pencil in on the 4th line if one of those guys decides to bolt, injuries, etc. Has limited playoff experience with Boston. 

Pretty much agree with the above, re:  Lazar; he represents 4th-line flexibility and depth, at what equates to about ELC money...but at least you know what you're getting with him.  You don't have to worry about trying some Ute kid who may or may not be ready to able to handle that kind of work.

I don't think Wood gets re-upped...said it in a previous post but he's the kind of guy who shouldn't make much more than $3 million (if that much), and he may get more than that as a UFA elsewhere...he's not the kind of guy I want to overpay for what he brings.  Wood does have five points in his last five games but seems to fall down constantly and before this little surge was Lazar-level invisible offensively this year.  McLeod (assuming there's no issues) I can see being re-signed.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Guadana said:

it could be th thing what advocats and police ask him to do. Don`t make fast conclusion.

I have read some of the reports last off season, they are not pretty and the fact all the other players have talked is not a good thing for him or the others who have chosen to not cooperate.

If he is innocent, I hope nothing bad happens to him, but if almost all your teammates are talking to the police and you and a select few are not, and there are only a certain number of kids who particiapated in the act, well again, I totally believe in giving people a fair chance, but things don't look right in this situation.

Edited by Patrick Sundstrom Ghost

8 minutes ago, Patrick Sundstrom Ghost said:

Can we maybe not praise the possible sex predator too much here?

Hey maybe he's innocent, but the fact he and the other kids who won't talk are the only ones to do so, does not give me a confident feeling on his innocence in a 100 percent way.

Great that he has been a better player on the ice for the team, but even still, unless evidence comes out that clears him I prefer this is his last year on the team.

Maybe that's just me, but that's how I feel.

We're talking about hockey. He's on the team and playing hockey, he's relevant. You're the only one bringing this stuff up when we're just try to discuss hockey.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Patrick Sundstrom Ghost said:

I have read some of the reports last off season, they are not pretty and the fact all the other players have talked is not a good thing for him or the others who have chosen to not cooperate.

If he is innocent, I hope nothing bad happens to him, but if almost all your teammates are talking to the police and you and a select few are not, and there are only a certain number of kids who particapated in the act, well again, I totally believe in giving people a fair chance, but things don't look right in this situation.

His words could be a key in the case. And some players didnt say anything. I believe they had talk with management group and understand that they should not use him as a player if organisation could have some problem with his personality.

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

We're talking about hockey. He's on the team and playing hockey, he's relevant. You're the only one bringing this stuff up when we're just try to discuss hockey.

I brought it up, because folks were talking about him being on the team next year and there is a reason I am not big on him being on the team, besides his play on the ice.

Made sense to me to do so, but it is true it  does not belong here, so that is my final word on it.

1 minute ago, Jerrydevil said:

Welcome aboard, Curtis, LMAO.

In his defense, I don't think ANYONE is expecting much offensively from him.  Clearly not his game and never has been.  

Thanks to this surge, Wood's now really about where we should expect him to be offensively.  Just doesn't feel that way somehow.

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

In his defense, I don't think ANYONE is expecting much offensively from him.  Clearly not his game and never has been.  

Thanks to this surge, Wood's now really about where we should expect him to be offensively.  Just doesn't feel that way somehow.

I just found "Lazar-level" to be funny. I acknowledge a laugh-out-loud inducing comment.

Like someone mentioned, I could see Wood sitting for Lazar because Wood can be a train wreck on the ice at times.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

I just found "Lazar-level" to be funny. I acknowledge a laugh-out-loud inducing comment.

Like someone mentioned, I could see Wood sitting for Lazar because Wood can be a train wreck on the ice at times.

All good, just didn't want to come off like I was already ripping the guy before he's even taking a shift.

Yeah, I think one brings some more offense, and the other one brings a lot more intelligence.  Wood can definitely hurt his team with his "Big Dumb Animal" moments.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Patrick Sundstrom Ghost said:

I brought it up, because folks were talking about him being on the team next year and there is a reason I am not big on him being on the team, besides his play on the ice.

Made sense to me to do so, but it is true it  does not belong here, so that is my final word on it.

I mean there was a lot of discussion around it here on the board and many people would have agreed with you prior to the start of the season. Since then, he's proclaimed his innocence and said he is co-operating with the investigation. 

https://www.nj.com/devils/2022/09/devils-michael-mcleod-finally-speaks-about-2018-hockey-canada-sexual-assault-investigation.html

Nothing else has come out about these allegations that is new, but if I am wrong and you have been following it closer, please share. I honestly don't believe he was involved. Maybe he was there, but that is just my belief and seeing what I've seen around the case. 

There's a guy in Switzerland right now that just as easily could be the guy you're looking for too. A lot of people were saying that the reason that he was loaned out was because he was supposedly involved and the Sens weren't interested in re-signing him and it was a way to get rid of him. Idk

https://ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators/formenton-signs-to-play-in-europe-for-remainder-of-the-season

EDIT: Also I get it if we want to just drop it too. 

Edited by RizzMB30

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah wasn't expecting him any earlier than that.  

Guessing the Devils are done; if so, ZERO complaints from this fan.  Both deals were on the opposite sides of the spectrum, but both made sense.  And Fitz simply didn't have much cap room to work with in 2022-23.  

• Like 4

Just now, RizzMB30 said:

Matt Loughlin is reporting that no Timo again tonight. He's cleared for contact in practice, but they want him to get a full contact practice in. We probably see Timo on Sunday too. 

Yeah figured it would Sunday at the earliest for Timo, though I was more expecting Tuesday at home (vs. the Leafs).  If he plays on Sunday I'll be thrilled.

JVR doesn't get moved; Flyer fans plenty pissed, heh heh

NHL trade deadline: Flyers fans lose it over James van Riemsdyk whiff (yahoo.com)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Guessing the Devils are done; if so, ZERO complaints from this fan.  Both deals were on the opposite sides of the spectrum, but both made sense.  And Fitz simply didn't have much cap room to work with in 2022-23.  

I don’t think anyone can complain.  He made a huge investment in a very young team.  They are much more competitive in the playoffs with Timo and how can you ask for more.  Congrats to Fitz and the team!

Let’s Go Devils!

• Like 1

Fitz said they will LUke after his NCAA will end. I believe they will figure it out how Luke can defend on NHL level against nIco and jack on practice. And if he is good enough, they will try him in the game. And Ruff isn`t the guy who will not sit the boy if he will sh`t into his pants. Dont worry, guys. Please. This mechanic is hard, it`s not a one before from winning game to 6 missed goals because Luke will make some huge mistakes.

Fitz said they gave the offer to the Bratt agent and waited for their reaction.
RFA centers got 8.5-8.7 mil.
Bratt repeated +\- the same producing metrics.
If he wants to taste the market, Devils will give him QO and he will lose millions on the open market, because teams will not give him more than young centers got.
I hope the deal that Fitz offered included 8 years of 8.2-8.5 mil salary and Bratt will sign it. Because he will lose money and will risk to play another year. He played with Jack and Nico full year, he will not hit new ceiling. Hope he will be reasonable. I really like the player and I want him long term.

• Like 3