Kaapo Kakko career vs Jack Hughes 2022-23. JACK WINS!!!

Colorado Rockies 1976

6 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Kakko with a goal tonight. Feeling like this might not happen unless Jack goes off for a couple 3 point games or something. 

Yeah Jack now needs at least 7 points to finish ahead of PWM.

Sucks, in that if not for that injury that forced him to miss four games AND appears to have affected his shot, he would’ve pulled this off for sure.  Maybe he has a big night tonight.  

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

@Colorado Rockies 1976

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!

My pleasure!

PWM with a big fat donut, Jack with 2 goals and 2 assists.

Jack:  42 G, 53 A, 95 Pts

PWM:  43 G, 54 A, 97 Pts

Soooooooo close now…c’moooooooon Jack!

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

With those 4 points, Jack leapfrogs Kovalchuk for 39th overall in Devils history.  Jack is gonna own our offensive records like Marty owns the goaltending ones. 

Also passed Hall, Parise, and Muller for most points in a single season. He’s now behind only Patty. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Maybe he has a big night tonight.  

Big night indeed…well done Jack, well done.

100 points suddenly back in play to boot.  Man I SO hope he finds a way to pull that off.

4 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

With those 4 points, Jack leapfrogs Kovalchuk for 39th overall in Devils history.  Jack is gonna own our offensive records like Marty owns the goaltending ones. 

Agree.  Only injuries will stop him.

The points are really piling up for him again…he now has 5 G and 9 A over his last 8 GP.  

• Like 2

Jack pulls another point closer as PWM puts up another zero.

Jack:  42 G, 54 A, 96 Pts

PWM:  43 G, 54 A, 97 Pts

4 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Really wish Jack could have gotten more tonight to make getting to 100 on Tuesday night easier. He should at least break the Devils record at home. 

I might make the trip down to DC for the game if Jack can actually hit 100. If he puts up a 0 on Tuesday I'll roll the dice on staying home lol

Going on Tues…Buffalo can definitely be porous defensively some games, so really hoping that Jack can notch at least two points that night.  Buffalo will also be on the second night of a back-to-back (Devils should be pretty well-rested)…hopefully that helps.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Going on Tues…Buffalo can definitely be porous defensively some games, so really hoping that Jack can notch at least two points that night.  Buffalo will also be on the second night of a back-to-back (Devils should be pretty well-rested)…hopefully that helps.  

On top of that, if they lose to the Rangers in regulation tomorrow, they'll have nothing left to play for on Tuesday as they will have been officially eliminated from playoff contention.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, devilsfan26 said:

On top of that, if they lose to the Rangers in regulation tomorrow, they'll have nothing left to play for on Tuesday as they will have been officially eliminated from playoff contention.

We still control our destiny if we win out no matter but still a bit of a double edged sword there cause Rangers would tie us in the standings if they get 2 points tomorrow and then they have a home game vs Toronto who has already clinched 2nd and will be resting guys. 

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

We still control our destiny if we win out no matter but still a bit of a double edged sword there cause Rangers would tie us in the standings if they get 2 points tomorrow and then they have a home game vs Toronto who has already clinched 2nd and will be resting guys. 

Yeah, an interesting scenario because the Rangers beating Buffalo and eliminating them could make it easier for the Devils to beat Buffalo the next day, and those two points would ensure the Rangers don't catch the Devils regardless of what happens in each team's final game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crisis said:

This is absolutely incredible haha

And the only reason it’s close is that Jack missed four games.  But yeah this has been a fun little diversion within a season heh heh.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I know @Colorado Rockies 1976 is at the game tonight so I’ll update this thread for him. 

Jack - 43 G, 54 A, 97 P (2022-23)

PWM - 43 G, 54 A, 97 P (career)

It all comes down to the final game of the season! 

And just to add:

Jack:  77 GP this season

PWM:  238 GP for his career

So if Jack can manage one point over his next 161 games, he'll have more points for his career than PWM with 238 GP, heh heh. 

Hey, some 1OAs go into their final game of the season with a shot at 100 points, some 2OAs go into their final game hoping to manage...40.  Woo hoo!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Hey, some 1OAs go into their final game of the season with a shot at 100 points, some 2OAs go into their final game hoping to manage...40.  Woo hoo!

I can already see the fluff pieces now if Kakko hits that incredible milestone! Same with Laf. :lol:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I can already see the fluff pieces now if Kakko hits that incredible milestone! Same with Laf. :lol:

Dude, you should have heard Sam and Joe when PWM played in his 200th NHL game…you would’ve thought he notched his 1000th career point, found Jimmy Hoffa’s body, and cured cancer all in one fell swoop.

Seriously, that franchise over-celebrates EVERYTHING.  Makes it that much easier to hate them.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

When you’ve won one Cup since the invention of the television, you take what you can get 🤣

I know the Islanders were called the Icelanders quite often by the WFAN’s Steve Somers, but the Ranger are really the “true” Icelanders.  I’ll explain:

A few years ago, I spent a week in Iceland with my wife and daughter, in July (the Gusev deal happened while I was out there)…the sun only sets for a few hours at that time of year, if that long…the almost constant daylight is quite the sight to behold.  Of course, I couldn’t help but wonder what winters there must be like, with all of the lasting darkness.  The guide simply said “We celebrate everything we can to get through it…even birthdays, we’ll have two or three parties for someone with a winter birthday.”

I remember thinking the Rangers would feel quite at home there…

• Haha 3