Kaapo Kakko career vs Jack Hughes 2022-23. JACK WINS!!!

Colorado Rockies 1976

@Lateralous ask and you shall receive!

Lafreniere:  192 GP, 41 G, 39 A, 80 Pts

Kakko:  215 GP, 37 G, 50 A, 87 Pts

Mercer:  140 GP, 35 G, 45 A, 80 Pts

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Third straight pointless game for PWM.

Jack:  35 G, 37 A, 72 Pts

PWM:  37 G, 50 A, 87 Pts

• Like 2

Jack moves into 41st on the Devils all time scoring list with 180 points, and his production isn’t far off from Hall, Kovalchuk, and Stastny  (all within a few points) who were all veterans in their prime when they were putting up those numbers.

Nico and Bratt are tied at 24th with 258 points each. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Jack moves into 41st on the Devils all time scoring list with 180 points, and his production isn’t far off from Hall, Kovalchuk, and Stastny  (all within a few points) who were all veterans in their prime when they were putting up those numbers.

Nico and Bratt are tied at 24th with 258 points each. 

Small quibble point, but Stastny was definitely past his prime by the time he was a Devil.  

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

"The Kids are Alright"

I guess it's all in the tone with which you say it.  

It sounds ridiculous if you're saying it the same way you might after witnessing Hughes, Hischier and Bratt in a 3 on 3 OT.   "Yeah man, the kids are alright!!!"   

If you said it the same way you might refer to Zetterlund and Sharangovich then it makes a lot more sense.  "the kids are alright for being 3rd and 5th round draft picks, I mean what did you really expect, Jack Hughes?"   

4 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

It sounds ridiculous if you're saying it the same way you might after witnessing Hughes, Hischier and Bratt in a 3 on 3 OT.   "Yeah man, the kids are alright!!!"   

If you said it the same way you might refer to Zetterlund and Sharangovich then it makes a lot more sense.  "the kids are alright for being 3rd and 5th round draft picks, I mean what did you really expect, Jack Hughes?"   

I think he was just referencing The Who song title and having a little fun with it.  

At any rate…thank God Mercer at 18OA is working out so well.  Because Holtz at 7OA is starting to look really bad.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

At any rate…thank God Mercer at 18OA is working out so well.  Because Holtz at 7OA is starting to look really bad.

To be fair, any pick will look bad when he spends half the season in the press box. I’d rather have him taking his lumps in the NHL instead of the player formerly known as Miles Wood, and if not that then I’d rather him playing in the AHL. They did a terrible job managing him this year. 

25 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Muk could still be something as well. 

Yeah I have Muk as more "lying in the weeds".  Can't really judge that pick yet, as we knew it was a "Down the line" pick at the time it was made...we knew it wouldn't pay dividends for at least a few years, but it looks like he'll have a chance to become a part of things soon.  Almost like drafting a Russian goalie if you think about it.

24 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

To be fair, any pick will look bad when he spends half the season in the press box. I’d rather have him taking his lumps in the NHL instead of the player formerly known as Miles Wood, and if not that then I’d rather him playing in the AHL. They did a terrible job managing him this year. 

I think Plan A was 100% for Holtz to stay with the team all season and take his lumps like any young player, but once the Devils found out that he wasn't even ready enough for that yet, they didn't appear to have a real alternate plan in place.  If Plan B was to work with him during practice and try to give him a crash course in fundamentals that way, it feels like they didn't deviate to Plan C (send him to Utica and have him actually playing in GAMES) nearly soon enough.

All you can do is wipe the slate clean (if he's still here) and start over next season.  I'd start him in Utica myself (give him minutes upon minutes, all he can handle), and if he's lighting it up, maybe 15-20 games in you bring him up.

I think he gets traded before the start of next season myself...if not at the deadline, then in the offseason.  Based on what I've seen, he seems like he's a ways off, and I think Fitz would like to add a solid "right now" piece before next year...a guy who you know what you should be getting and isn't the question mark that Holtz is.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

51 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I think he was just referencing The Who song title and having a little fun with it.  

48 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

So was I.   They keep using the reference on NHL Tonight as well.   

A few weeks ago the NHL network posted a tweet with that phrase and Kid Line stats, and then posted the same exact tweet like a week later and their stats had hardly changed so everyone was roasting them

• Thanks 2

Just now, RunninWithTheDevil said:

A few weeks ago the NHL network posted a tweet with that phrase and Kid Line stats, and then posted the same exact tweet like a week later and their stats had hardly changed so everyone was roasting them

Gotchya, thank you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

You pointed it out in a few replies but I’m mocking the NHL Network slide praising the hell out of their Turd Line

PWM with a meaningless goal today, Jack with a sweet breakaway goal and a mindblowing assist.

Jack:  36 G, 38 A, 74 Pts

PWM:  38 G, 50 A, 88 Pts

• Like 1

Not much change as of late…Kakko has slowed back up (only 3 points in his last 8 GP), and Jack hasn’t been as consistently dynamic since returning from injury.  But this thing is still within reach, especially when (not if) Jack gets on another run:

Jack:  36 G, 38 A, 74 Pts

PWM:  38 G, 51 A, 89 Pts

• Like 3

And for the fun of it again, a Dawson vs Lafreniere vs Kakko:

Dawson:  142 GP, 37 G, 48 A, 85 Pts

Lafreneire:  195 GP, 42 G, 39 A, 81 Pts

Kakko:  218 GP, 38 G, 51 A, 89 Pts

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And for the fun of it again, a Dawson vs Lafreniere vs Kakko:

Dawson:  142 GP, 37 G, 48 A, 85 Pts

Lafreneire:  195 GP, 42 G, 39 A, 81 Pts

Kakko:  218 GP, 38 G, 51 A, 89 Pts

I thought it was cool that Mercer passed Laf but now not even PWM stands a chance. 

1 minute ago, nessus said:

I thought it was cool that Mercer passed Laf but now not even PWM stands a chance. 

Maybe Laf figures it out in time but goddamn the 18OA guy sure looks like he’s a hell of a lot better than the 1OA guy.  And it’s not like Laf is on a lousy team or anything like that, that could adversely affect his numbers.  He just seems like he’s nothing all that special.