Kaapo Kakko career vs Jack Hughes 2022-23. JACK WINS!!!

Colorado Rockies 1976

47 minutes ago, jagknife said:

"YeAh, WeLl HoW mAnY pLaYoFf PoInTs DoEs JaCkIe PoO hAvE, BRAHHHHH!! BRIGHT LIGHT BROADWAY BLUESHIRTS ALL DAY!!!! YOUZ LOST THAT DRAFT BRAH!!!!"

Sounds about right.

It is stunning how much he's disappeared.  He basically has a secondary assist on a pure garbage-time goal over his last 6 games...to go with ONE shot on goal.  And he's averaging a tick under 13:00 TOI per game, so not like he's getting miminal time out there.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

30 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Sounds about right.

It is stunning how much he's disappeared.  He basically has a secondary assist on a pure garbage-time goal over his last 6 games...to go with ONE shot on goal.  And he's averaging a tick under 13:00 TOI per game, so not like he's getting miminal time out there.  

What kills you is in theory, yeah we don’t want our rivals to do well, ever, But we do want the talent in the league to improve for better overall products and whatnot.

that being said, man each time he has his Devils’ Zacha production blips, Rangers fans literally act like he’s the second coming of a past superstar. He’s no Daigle, but at 22, he hasn’t show any MacKinnon type breakout potential. Just an average middle 6 forward.

But also since he’s a ranger, sucks to suck bud.

14 minutes ago, jagknife said:

What kills you is in theory, yeah we don’t want our rivals to do well, ever, But we do want the talent in the league to improve for better overall products and whatnot.

that being said, man each time he has his Devils’ Zacha production blips, Rangers fans literally act like he’s the second coming of a past superstar. He’s no Daigle, but at 22, he hasn’t show any MacKinnon type breakout potential. Just an average middle 6 forward.

But also since he’s a ranger, sucks to suck bud.

Personally I don't give a sh!t about the health or the quality of the rest of the league. The older I get the less and less I care about it. fvck em all. 

Daigle had 88 points in his first 2 seasons, one being the lockout year in 94-95. He finished with 616 games played and 327 points. Kappo has 224 games played and 90 points. Pretty sure he's on pace to have less than Daigle currently. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Personally I don't give a sh!t about the health or the quality of the rest of the league. The older I get the less and less I care about it. fvck em all. 

Daigle had 88 points in his first 2 seasons, one being the lockout year in 94-95. He finished with 616 games played and 327 points. Kappo has 224 games played and 90 points. Pretty sure he's on pace to have less than Daigle currently. 

Daigle actually came flying out of the gate...5 G and 8 A over his first 7 GP, and through his first 34 NHL games he put up 12 G and 19 A...pretty good for an 18-year-old rookie.  But he fell off big-time that year...and of course never truly ever got it going.

I remember when SD posted that ridiculous, useless 1OA rookie year stats chart, in an effort to show why people who were concerned about Jack's rookie year might be onto something, because apparently a 1OA's rookie year is that definitive as to what he might do in the future.  According to that chart, we would've been better off with Daigle or Yapukov...hell, maybe even Patrik Stepan!  heh heh

• Like 2

Jack with an assist tonight; no points for PWM but he did manage a couple of shots on goal.

Jack:  37 G, 44 A, 81 Pts

PWM:  38 G, 52 A, 90 Pts

Jack’s pulled to within single digits, heh heh.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Jack with an assist tonight; no points for PWM but he did manage a couple of shots on goal.

Jack:  37 G, 44 A, 81 Pts

PWM:  38 G, 52 A, 90 Pts

Jack’s pulled to within single digits, heh heh.

Come on Jack, power through, go get him!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

Come on Jack, power through, go get him!

PWM not making it much of a challenge heh heh.  No points in his last five, only one in his last eight, and three in his last thirteen.  

Dawson has one more goal and more assist than PWM for his career in SEVENTY-FIVE less games lmfao.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

Really wanted Jack to hit 50 goals and 100 points. The goal record I'm not sure he's gonna do unless he gets hot again but 100 points I think he'll hit. Would be awesome if he could do it at a home game. 

Not ruling out 50 for Jack just yet but yeah he needs to have one of those 6-8 goals in four or five games kind of bursts for it to feel like it's possible again.

Agree, 19 points in his final 14 to reach 100 (in what for him would be 78 games)...not dead yet.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Really wanted Jack to hit 50 goals and 100 points. The goal record I'm not sure he's gonna do unless he gets hot again but 100 points I think he'll hit. Would be awesome if he could do it at a home game. 

I have no doubt Hughes will eventually hit these milestones but I think it would be cool if he tied Elias this year before taking the records for himself next year or the year after.    

Not saying anyone here but in general, I think people forget/never fully realized just what an offensive force Patrik was, especially when paired up on a line with half decent talent.   Also, 96 points in 2001 is like 115 now.     

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I have no doubt Hughes will eventually hit these milestones but I think it would be cool if he tied Elias this year before taking the records for himself next year or the year after.    

Not saying anyone here but in general, I think people forget/never fully realized just what an offensive force Patrik was, especially when paired up on a line with half decent talent.   Also, 96 points in 2001 is like 115 now.     

Lou definitely did not always do right by him.  There were times where it was “OK here’s your linemates, now make them work!”  I would’ve given the A-line another season, but apparently there was a lot going on with both Arnott (stripped of his A) and Sykora (Stevens questioned why he didn’t play much during the 2002 playoff vs the Canes).  And Langs and Friesen came up big for the 2003 Cup winning team.

But yeah Elias was probably better than his career numbers suggest.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Lateralous said:

Different eras for sure. But no one is going to downplay McDavid’s historic season. He has the most points since Mario and Jagr in the 90’s. That’s why it’s always best to just compare players to their own peers in any sport. 

I will say one thing as far as comparing Jack’s season to Patty’s best season, or Hall’s, or Parise’s:

Jack - 21

Patty - 24 

Parise - 26

Hall - 26 

One of those is not like the others…

• Like 2

Yeah those guys have been incredibly invisible as of late…sadly that hasn’t hurt the Rangers at all.

Jack trailing PWM by 10 points.  C’mooooooooon Jack!!!

8 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah those guys have been incredibly invisible as of late…sadly that hasn’t hurt the Rangers at all.

Jack trailing PWM by 10 points.  C’mooooooooon Jack!!!

Third line brah. Top six is deep brah. No big deal brah.

32 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Third line brah. Top six is deep brah. No big deal brah.

I just like that it's looking less and less likely that those guys are going to be the "next wave" guys you like to have coming up...especially since the Rags' top lines aren't exactly made up of kids.  Hell, Lafreniere and Kakko not developing as hoped had to factor into Drury going out and getting Tarasenko and Kane.  Sure, teams trying to get over the hump make moves like that, but when you have a 1OA and 2OA fall into your lap, you're kinda hoping you may not have to.

Lafreniere's ELC is up after this season...so curious to see what the Rangers give him.  If I'm him I probably sign a two-year deal at about $3 million per and hope I'm due for a BIG raise by the end of that extension.  If I'm the Rangers, maybe I offer 4-5 years at $3 - 3.5 million and hope I get at least 2-3 nice bargain years in there.  Just glad Jack's and Nico's initial extensions are working out as well as they are, so far.

• Like 1

Ugh, PWM with a goal, Jack held off the scoresheet for the third straight game.  Down by 11 points with 11 games left.

8 hours ago, Nicomo said:

This thread isn’t fun anymore. 

Not lately, but I feel like Jack is going to explode one of these games.  Hopefully against Buffalo…they are getting destroyed lately.

8 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Not lately, but I feel like Jack is going to explode one of these games.  Hopefully against Buffalo…they are getting destroyed lately.

God. Willing.

I’d love nothing more than a huge curb stomping in western New York on Friday.

• Like 2

Jack with a three-point night…game on

Jack:  39 G, 45 A, 84 Pts

PWM:  39 G, 53 A, 92 Pts

Down by 8 with 10 games left…

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Jack with a three-point night…game on

Jack:  39 G, 45 A, 84 Pts

PWM:  39 G, 53 A, 92 Pts

Down by 8 with 10 games left…

Feels like 100 points is gonna be just out of reach, has to get to 97 to beat Elias 96 but that's gonna be annoying like Gionta getting to 48. Gonna be so close but just not enough. 

Hopefully he goes on a super hot streak and gets to 100 points. I just can't see him hitting 50 goals.