Kaapo Kakko career vs Jack Hughes 2022-23. JACK WINS!!!

Colorado Rockies 1976

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Jack with a three-point night…game on

Jack:  39 G, 45 A, 84 Pts

PWM:  39 G, 53 A, 92 Pts

Down by 8 with 10 games left…

It’s crazy that Jack is even tied in goals on the season vs Kakko’s whole career thus far. The latter was supposed to be the goal scorer of the two. 

47 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Feels like 100 points is gonna be just out of reach, has to get to 97 to beat Elias 96 but that's gonna be annoying like Gionta getting to 48. Gonna be so close but just not enough. 

Hopefully he goes on a super hot streak and gets to 100 points. I just can't see him hitting 50 goals. 

really wanted to see Jack hit 100 this season, but I have to remind myself he’s only 21 years old. You have to think he’ll be the 1st Devil to get there within the next few years. 

• Like 3

Both Jack and PWM with a goal and assist tonight.

Jack:  40 G, 46 A, 86 Pts

PWM:  40 G, 54 A, 94 Pts

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I heard them mention this during the broadcast tonight, and I’m having a bit of a Mandela effect thing happening. I could have sworn Hall had 41 the MVP season…

He had 39 that year.

21 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Rags fans in their feelings hard over the 40/40 thing. Apparently it’s mostly because of “ice time.” 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

They’re practically fellating themselves over the Kid Line putting up six points last night.  Of course they quickly forget in the 9 games or so leading up to yesterday’s game that those three COMBINED for about 6 points over that time.

Dumbest fanbase ever, though some of the mutants can definitely give them a run.  

EDIT:  so of course has to look it up, and the Kid Line combined for a whopping eight points over 11 games prior to last night.  Awesome.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

LOL

It’s a fanbase (and franchise) I literally have NO respect for.  The Ranger fans’ collective stupidity is off the charts…yes, there’s exceptions, but that’s what those particular fans are…EXCEPTIONS. So many of them are just SO punchably dense.  I hope those fvckers never win anything ever again.  

• Like 4

The Devils have three 30 goal scorers  

The Rags have two  

The Devils have 256 GF

The Rags have 247 (both 73 GP)

but sure, the Rags are SO offensively stacked compared to the Devils. :lol:

*not counting Timo & Kane 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

The Devils have four 30 goal scorers  

The Rags have two  

The Devils have 256 GF

The Rags have 247 (both 73 GP)

but sure, the Rags are SO offensively stacked compared to the Devils. :lol:

*not counting Timo & Kane 

The funny thing is if it was just some rational Ranger fan (some exist) making a quick crack and then saying, “Ok, I know that’s horsesh!t, your team can score”, that would be one thing.

But these dopes actually BELIEVE their crap.  I consider myself even-keel enough that as much as I hate the Rangers, if I meet a Ranger fan who’s not a complete douche, I can talk hockey with him.  But man they’re truly few and far between.  They’re as overrated of a franchise and fanbase as the Kid Line is as an offensive “force”.  

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The funny thing is if it was just some rational Ranger fan (some exist) making a quick crack and then saying, “Ok, I know that’s horsesh!t, your team can score”, that would be one thing.

But these dopes actually BELIEVE their crap.  I consider myself even-keel enough that as much as I hate the Rangers, if I meet a Ranger fan who’s not a complete douche, I can talk hockey with him.  But man they’re truly few and far between.  They’re as overrated of a franchise and fanbase as the Kid Line is as an offensive “force”.  

Look at it this way - the Rags had to trade for 2 wingers in Kane and Tarasenko despite the Kid Line supposedly being so fantastic. It would be like the Devils needing to go out and trade for a couple centers after using two top picks on that position. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Look at it this way - the Rags had to trade for 2 wingers in Kane and Tarasenko despite the Kid Line supposedly being so fantastic. It would be like the Devils needing to go out and trade for a couple centers after using two top picks on that position. 

So much THIS.  If Lafreniere and Kakko performed as a 1OA and a 2OA were expected to, the Rangers don’t need to make those deals.

And the Kid Line is obviously still quite young but they’ve now combined for over 750 NHL games.  If this was their first or second seasons in the NHL I’d be much more impressed with their play as a line this season.  But it’s largely been baby steps.

21 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

A lot of that is from MSG network. Those announcers and talking heads spew this garbage and the the new yawkahs eat it up. And it doesn’t help that NHL social media also pumps them up by posting about the Kid Line like they are lighting the league on fire. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

A lot of that is from MSG network. Those announcers and talking heads spew this garbage and the the new yawkahs eat it up. And it doesn’t help that NHL social media also pumps them up by posting about the Kid Line like they are lighting the league on fire. 

Hear ya but I was more referring to “Duuuuh the Devils ain’t got no aw-fense widout Hughes!  Kaapo would be a first-line-uh there duuuuuuuuh!”-type observations.  As though Nico, Bratt, Timo, Dougie, and Mercer don’t exist.

And they actually believe it’s all because of the way Kakko’s being used there heh heh.

19 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Hear ya but I was more referring to “Duuuuh the Devils ain’t got no aw-fense widout Hughes!  Kaapo would be a first-line-uh there duuuuuuuuh!”-type observations.  As though Nico, Bratt, Timo, Dougie, and Mercer don’t exist.

And they actually believe it’s all because of the way Kakko’s being used there heh heh.

Hell, Tomas Tatar has more goals (and points) than Kakko and Laf. And he’s maybe our 6th best forward, depending on where you rank Palat. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Hell, Tomas Tatar has more goals (and points) than Kakko and Laf. And he’s maybe our 6th best forward, depending on where you rank Palat. 

AND speaking of Palat, a guy who is playing pretty much all over the place is producing at the same rate as both of those golden blueshirts. One could argue his stats are hampered by being the utility man and not building true consistency, plus being hurt resulting in 30 fewer games than them

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

AND speaking of Palat, a guy who is playing pretty much all over the place is producing at the same rate as both of those golden blueshirts. One could argue his stats are hampered by being the utility man and not building true consistency, plus being hurt resulting in 30 fewer games than them

I know I shouldn't do this to myself but recently I saw a post on the main boards of HFboards talking about how Palat is already a bad contract.  I don't get the hate.  Palat was brought in for two reasons:

1.  He was known as the hardest worker on a team that has just made 3 straight appearances in the Stanley Cup Finals.  A perfect vet to mentor our young talent.  Not sure how much of the jump this season can be attributed to the additional of Palat but given how the season has gone it sure didn't hurt

2. He's basically the second coming of Danius Zubrus in that he immediately goes from middle six regular season player to one of the team's top performers in the playoffs seemingly every year.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

I know I shouldn't do this to myself but recently I saw a post on the main boards of HFboards talking about how Palat is already a bad contract.  I don't get the hate.  Palat was brought in for two reasons:

1.  He was known as the hardest worker on a team that has just made 3 straight appearances in the Stanley Cup Finals.  A perfect vet to mentor our young talent.  Not sure how much of the jump this season can be attributed to the additional of Palat but given how the season has gone it sure didn't hurt

2. He's basically the second coming of Danius Zubrus in that he immediately goes from middle six regular season player to one of the team's top performers in the playoffs seemingly every year.    

Wow dude too funny…I was going to call Palat a rich man’s Zubrus.  A better version of that, but in that vein for sure.  Palat is about veteran presence and timely production.  He was never going to be some point machine.  He’s probably a little overpaid, but I would definitely not call his contract a bad one.  

• Like 2