Kaapo Kakko career vs Jack Hughes 2022-23. JACK WINS!!!

Colorado Rockies 1976

36 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Wow dude too funny…I was going to call Palat a rich man’s Zubrus.  A better version of that, but in that vein for sure.  Palat is about veteran presence and timely production.  He was never gong to be some point machine.  He’s probably a little overpaid, but I would definitely not call his contract a bad one.  

I'm not expecting him to be a point machine and I don't care about his contract but he's gotta do better than 1 point in 10 games

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm not expecting him to be a point machine and I don't care about his contract but he's gotta do better than 1 point in 10 games

Agree, but slumps happen.  He'll snap out of it.  If he produces in the playoffs we'll forget about this.   

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Agree, but slumps happen.  He'll snap out of it.  If he produces in the playoffs we'll forget about this.   

6 points in his last 20 games, 2 goals and 4 assists. I hope he snaps out of it during the playoffs but it just doesn't seem like it's gonna be the case.

Hell Boqvist has 7 points in his last 20 games yet he's being healthy scratched. 

Would love to be wrong but Palat hasn't impressed much at all. We'll see if his playoff success was a product of who he was surrounded by or if it was actually him soon enough. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

6 points in his last 20 games, 2 goals and 4 assists. I hope he snaps out of it during the playoffs but it just doesn't seem like it's gonna be the case.

Hell Boqvist has 7 points in his last 20 games yet he's being healthy scratched. 

Would love to be wrong but Palat hasn't impressed much at all. We'll see if his playoff success was a product of who he was surrounded by or if it was actually him soon enough. 

It’s one season. A season where he had groin surgery and missed 30+ games. Dougie had a rough first year as a Devil, too. And that was a far less serious injury. All Dougie did was bounce back and have a record breaking career year. 

I’m not ready to write Palat off as a bad contract after one partial season. We have 4 more years for him to prove his worth. Hopefully during some deep playoff runs. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

It’s one season. A season where he had groin surgery and missed 30+ games. Dougie had a rough first year as a Devil, too. And that was a far less serious injury. All Dougie did was bounce back and have a record breaking career year. 

I’m not ready to write Palat off as a bad contract after one partial season. We have 4 more years for him to prove his worth. Hopefully during some deep playoff runs. 

Exactly this.  I gotta give him at least the rest of this season/playoffs and next season.  He's only had 41 games here to date.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I'm not writing him off and don't care about the cap stuff or contracts. Just not particularly impressed so far and just wanna see him step it up. Would be nice to see him get going at least a little bit before the playoffs start. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm not writing him off and don't care about the cap stuff or contracts. Just not particularly impressed so far and just wanna see him step it up. Would be nice to see him get going at least a little bit before the playoffs start. 

He did get an assist in his last game.  Maybe that gets his offense going a little...from 1/14 through 3/7 (21 games) he did manage 16 points.  So we know that he's at least capable. 

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He did get an assist in his last game.  Maybe that gets his offense going a little...from 1/14 through 3/7 (21 games) he did manage 16 points.  So we know that he's at least capable. 

Yep. And his 8 goals in 41 GP puts him right around his average pace per season. He’s usually good for about 15-18 goals. 

Didn't they say in the trivia question the other night that Palat was the league leader in either points or goals in the playoffs over the last three years?   Either way, that's pretty damn impressive given all the other names on that Tampa team.   

Regardless of the stats, I really have only regularly watched Tampa in the playoffs and going all the way back to the Triplets Line, Palat always stood out to me as one of their top players in the postseason.       

• Like 2

He did get an assist in his last game.  Maybe that gets his offense going a little.

And what a nifty little pass that was to Jack. It was nice when the Devils had that third line going with Palat, Boqvist and Haula. These lines never last long. Lindy likes line juggling as we all know.

20 hours ago, Jerrydevil said:

And what a nifty little pass that was to Jack. It was nice when the Devils had that third line going with Palat, Boqvist and Haula. These lines never last long. Lindy likes line juggling as we all know.

I don’t like all the line juggling and I don’t understand the benefit of 11 forwards and 7 defensemen.

That said, I do think it’s pure analytics that drives his decisions regarding the lines.

Yep…

Jack with 40 G and 47 A

PWM with 40 G and 54 A

C’moooooon Jack!  Fatten up against the Blackhawks!

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

During last nights game, Bill Spaulding commented that Jack had 40 goals this season compared to PWMs career 40. I had to laugh at that!

Heard that and laughed too.

Surprised there hasn’t been another explosion of rangers fans saying they live rent free cause we (devils fans) talk about it so much that our broadcast mentions it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Heard that and laughed too.

Surprised there hasn’t been another explosion of rangers fans saying they live rent free cause we (devils fans) talk about it so much that our broadcast mentions it.

The funny thing is when the HF crowd gave me sh!t for posting the whole Jack vs PWM thread (which was supposed to be FUN, but they don't seem to be into much of that over there), they almost seemed to be excusing the Rangers:  "Not like Kakko was expected to be better, not like the Rangers screwed the pick up because Jack was never an option for them, etc..."

The Blowshirts own FANS (a good number of them, anyway), made it sound like nabbing PWM over Jack was absolutely a win at the time...as did, of course, Steve "Hey Henrik I was a goalie just like you!" Valiquette.  THAT'S what makes this so funny.  Especially when some of the dumbest fans ever are now saying things like "Duuuuuuuuh, well if Kakko was getting more ice time..."

40 goals for Jack in 71 GP.  Maybe one day Kakko will manage 40...points in a single season.  Hasn't happened yet.  

• Like 5

Maybe one day Kakko will manage 40...points in a single season.  Hasn't happened yet.  

I remember seeing some “50 points” predictions for Kakko coming into this season. He’s not even close. I believe he’s on pace to finish with about 39. 

I lurked on a Rags GDT last night after the game and they were pretty frustrated with him (and just about all their players outside of Shesterkin). They were actually pretty complimentary towards the Devils for the most part. I was surprised. 

• Like 1
  • Shocking 2

33 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Jack needs a huge night tonight if he's gonna hit 100 points. Needs 13 points in 7 games. 

I don't see him hitting 50 goals but if he has a big night tonight maybe he can tie Gionta's record of 48. 

Yeah hopefully he fattens up against both the Blackhawks and BJs to the tune of 6-7 points.  

• Like 2