The Unintended GDT (1/19) Devils @ Kraken 10:00 PM EST MSGSN

Rock

L G M F D!!!

BTW the Kraken have quite the achilles' heel...specifically, their PK unit.  69.17%...OUCH.  Martin Jones has a PK save% of .792 and Grubauer is at .787.  Gotta get them to take some penalties...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MB3 said:

Kraken are 0-10-2 when scoring two or fewer goals. 26-3-2 when scoring 3 or more. 

Lock the team up and play smart hockey, you should walk out of the building with 2 points. 

If it were that easy the Kraken wouldn't have 26 wins, heh heh.

I do like that the team is going to be much better-rested for Thursday's matchup...more than one player mentioned playing the back-to-backs on Fri and Sat and THEN having to play Monday afternoon (3 games in a little less than 4 days, technically) was rather taxing.  And that's what can happen...in ways the SJ game was a "scheduling loss" in the making, so serious kudos to the Devils for finding a way to get at least one point, and then even snagging the second one.  Sometimes in a game like that, where everyone's tired and you're just not feeling it and you'd just rather save your bullets, it's easy to almost collectively say "fvck it, not today", take your 4-1 loss or something like that while going through the motions, and then look ahead to the next game.  I don't follow the NBA, but that league's gotten to the point where some teams basically have some games where they rest their stars and willingly take their lumps in an effort to fight team fatigue.     

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 9:24 AM, Rock said:

Confine (chain, cage, imprision, etc.) the Kracken!

Let's Go Devils!

5759804_orig.jpg

clash-570x285.jpg

• Like 1

@mfitz804 I actually went to the theater to see that...it was one of the last real "stop motion" films, as that technology had become very dated.  I dug it as the soon-to-be-11-year-old that I was back in June of 1981, but yeah, can't exactly say that it holds up, heh heh.

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

@mfitz804 I actually went to the theater to see that...it was one of the last real "stop motion" films, as that technology had become very dated.  I dug it as the soon-to-be-11-year-old that I was back in June of 1981, but yeah, can't exactly say that it holds up, heh heh.

I feel like I absolutely saw that in the theater, but 1981? I was probably 4 when it came out. Did my parents take a 4 year old to that movie? 

I have to phone a friend on this one, my sister remembers everything like this and she’ll know. 

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I feel like I absolutely saw that in the theater, but 1981? I was probably 4 when it came out. Did my parents take a 4 year old to that movie? 

I have to phone a friend on this one, my sister remembers everything like this and she’ll know. 

Yeah came out on June 12, 1981 in the US...my dad took me and my younger bro just before I went off to sleepaway camp...funny, ALL of the local theaters that were in business back then have been long gone...not even improved theaters built on the same locations...either something different altogether or nothing at all there now.  Of course there's NEWER theaters all-around, just in different places.  There was even a local drive-in that I went to in 1988, just before it closed.

We dug Clash...well, me and my bro did.  Not sure how much the parents in the theater were feelin' it, heh heh.  Saw it a bunch more times on cable.  Never saw the remake nor had any interest in it. 

image.jpeg.ca5a81719acb2fa9b7d05cb7046826bd.jpeg

The drive-though, heh heh, in its dying days (was on Rte 22 East in, well, Somerville, NJ).  Later became a driving range/mini-golf course, which just closed this past year and that area is being converted to a HUUUUUUUUGE warehouse.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah came out on June 12, 1981 in the US...my dad took me and my younger bro just before I went off to sleepaway camp...funny, ALL of the local theaters that were in business back then have been long gone...not even improved theaters built on the same locations...either something different altogether or nothing at all there now.  Of course there's NEWER theaters all-around, just in different places.  There was even a local drive-in that I went to in 1988, just before it closed.

We dug Clash...well, me and my bro did.  Not sure how much the parents in the theater were feelin' it, heh heh.  Saw it a bunch more times on cable.  Never saw the remake nor had any interest in it. 

I definitely remember seeing it on cable, and had teh toys as a kid, etc. I'm just wondering if i saw it THAT young. 

My mother took me to a midnight showing of Nightmare on Elm Street 3 when I was 10 years old, so its entirely possible. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

image.jpeg.ca5a81719acb2fa9b7d05cb7046826bd.jpeg

The drive-though, heh heh, in its dying days (was on Rte 22 East in, well, Somerville, NJ).  Later became a driving range/mini-golf course, which just closed this past year and that area is being converted to a HUUUUUUUUGE warehouse.  

What part of NJ isn’t mostly huge warehouses now?

These were the lines at practice today:

Palat - Hischier - Bratt
Haula - Hughes - Mercer
Boqvist - Sharangovich - Tatar
Bastian - McLeod - Wood
Zetterlund - Foote - Holtz

Siegenthaler - Hamilton
Graves - Severson
Okhotiuk - Smith
Bahl - Marino

Big Nate is a possibility for tomorrow night’s game!

Just now, Bonginator11 said:

These were the lines at practice today:

Palat - Hischier - Bratt
Haula - Hughes - Mercer
Boqvist - Sharangovich - Tatar
Bastian - McLeod - Wood
Zetterlund - Foote - Holtz

Siegenthaler - Hamilton
Graves - Severson
Okhotiuk - Smith
Bahl - Marino

Big Nate is a possibility for tomorrow night’s game!

The return of the BMW line

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It's rare but they still use it to this day. The new pinocchio movie is a good example. There's scenes in there you're like "this is obviously computer animated... but nope... stop motion. It's insane.