The Unintended GDT (1/19) Devils @ Kraken 10:00 PM EST MSGSN

Rock

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

Skating around in that OT like a bunch of hippies without a care in the world. So disoriented tonight. Oh well, we got a point which is a miracle. 

I can't believe they got the puck free along the boards and then two devils just stood there and let the Kraken player beat them to it.

• Like 1

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Goodnight all, I need to go rest because I have beri beri. 

Have a good night’s sleep apnea ;)

i don’t want jesper bratt on this team next year. i just don’t. when he decides to play with literally any effort he’s a top-10 player in the whole game.  he takes shifts off, he takes periods off, he takes games off. he’s an unwilling useless winger in the defensive end and his flashes of brilliance are not worth $8m to this team, period. 

trade him in the off-season for a player who competes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bonginator11 said:

Blackwood with the softie

He got the Devils a point tonight so it is what it is.  That being said, if this team is going to get where we all want it to get over the next few years, he should be nowhere near this roster at the start of next season.   

Last season that’s a burn-the-tape kind of game.

This season it’s somehow good for a point.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MB3 said:

i don’t want jesper bratt on this team next year. i just don’t. when he decides to play with literally any effort he’s a top-10 player in the whole game.  he takes shifts off, he takes periods off, he takes games off. he’s an unwilling useless winger in the defensive end and his flashes of brilliance are not worth $8m to this team, period. 

This is just completely false. He has some of the best defensive metrics of any forward in the league - mostly due to how easily he can skate the puck out of the zone. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

This is just completely false. He has some of the best defensive metrics of any forward in the league - mostly due to just hoe easily he can skate the puck out of the zone. 

Man i can’t tell you how little of a flippity flappity fvck I give about “defensive metrics.” Theyre not even good in baseball, and baseball is the only sport that has analytics totally figured out!

two of the goals tonight were directly because of lazy bullsh!t from bratt.

7 minutes ago, MB3 said:

This is extreme and I would hate to lose a home grown 6th rounder that is as good as Bratt but I do think that regardless of time and inflation, the negotiations with him start at Nico's salary and go down from there.  If Bratt is intent on getting top dollar, Fitz should let him move on.  After the superstar start to the season, it feels like two months of empty calorie points keeping him at a PPG.   

21 minutes ago, MB3 said:

We already need one more top 6 winger right now. But you want us to get rid of our best one who's 2nd in points (and a PPG player), only behind a superstar.

Because you didn't like his effort on a few plays lol And all  that while we're still sitting 4th in the league

lol typical in me moment / emotional overreaction as we can always expect from you

Edited by SterioDesign

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

For the millionth time this team needs to add at wing, not subtract. Losing Bratt would be a massive blow, and they would almost certainly regress.  

I’m not saying “I want the devils to lose bratt and do nothing in return”. I want the devils to replace bratt *and* add at the position. Two wingers in an entire off-season isn’t some dramatic ask. 

Just now, SterioDesign said:

We already need one more top 6 winger right now. But you want us to get rid of our best one who's 2nd in points (and a PPG player), only behind a superstar.

Because you didn't like his effort on a few plays lol

lol typical overreaction

I don’t like his effort in his career. I don’t like watching guys who ooze talent take weeks off. I don’t like seeing that talent wasted. 

I don’t want him cut. I want him traded. 

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Because you didn't like his effort on a few plays lol And all  that while we're still sitting 4th in the league

lol typical in me moment / emotional overreaction as we can always expect from you

I like how you edited your post for a more punchy zinger at the end. Go away. 

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

I don’t like his effort in his career. I don’t like watching guys who ooze talent take weeks off. I don’t like seeing that talent wasted. 

I don’t want him cut. I want him traded. 

There's plenty of guys "putting the effort" but not producing like he does either. And from what im gathering here. Fans also don't appreciate "losing a game eventhough we played well", they want results. And being a PPG, more often than not he's giving us results

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

I like how you edited your post for a more punchy zinger at the end. Go away. 

thank you. i appreciate it