New Around The League Thread

Colorado Rockies 1976

2 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Zacha …producing for the bruins.. where was this for us

Meh. He’s projected to finish with about 15 goals. I saw something recently that showed he has a pretty high amount of secondary assists, which makes sense considering he’s playing on the best team in the league. 

14 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Meh. He’s projected to finish with about 15 goals. I saw something recently that showed he has a pretty high amount of secondary assists, which makes sense considering he’s playing on the best team in the league. 

I mean, i dont wish the guy anything negative.. but we had him for a while and he was more or less useless lol

11 hours ago, Rock said:

Zacha before tonight had 10 goals. 5 in the last 9. So 7 in last 10.  He would get on a streak with the Devils then disappear.  We'll see if that pattern happens with the Bruins.

He has 6 goals and 4 assists in his last 10 GP.

Regardless of whatever he does now, I don’t know what the Devils were supposed to have done with him.  They gave him six seasons and 386 games to show something here, to establish some kind of consistent prosecution, and last season after a promising start and coming off a career year, he basically disappeared.  Fitz of course made a deal that didn’t bring back a killer return but based on Zacha's track record to that point, I definitely wasn’t expecting one.

That being said, if Haula was just shooting at his career 11.7% rate instead of this infuriating “How the fvck is he only shooting 4.3%?!” crap, this trade would look a LOT better…Haula would have 10 or 11 goals at this point.  But that hasn’t happened…sucks that 2022-23 wound up being the year that Haula just had to be snakebit to an insane degree.  Also sucks in that he’s been largely meh enough (in other aspects) that it feels like the Devils should probably just move on and not even explore keeping him around for next year.  You win some and you lose some.  Friggin’ Bruins won this one.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

27 minutes ago, MrBreeze said:

Leaving 5am to fly to Florida and the all-star weekend. First time going to something like that, pretty excited. Sitting in the Panthers owner's suite, should be pretty special.

Awesome!! Have a great time!! Post some pics if you can.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ajsgolf said:

I was in Sunrise, FL in 2001 for the NHL draft when the Devils drafted Adrian Foster.  Remember him?  Never played lol.  Think he had some kind of stomach thing which might be part of the reason he never played.

Think it was torn abs that required surgery…it was seen as a big-time gamble at the time.  And yeah that move failed miserably.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I just took a look back at that draft to jog my memory. Ugly. 

Yeah you know it was a rough one when Aaron Voros played more games than the rest of the Devil selections from that draft COMBINED.  We know the drill...in the drafts that followed for several years, it was basically Parise and Zajac (and some select others who did enjoy various levels of success), and a LOT of whiffs.    

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

These breakaway skits always gotta be a cringefest.

Yeah, that was weird with Marner. And they only did one?  No one else?  Now they're on to the goaltender thing, which looks like it could be kinda cool. They get to shoot, and then try to stop odd man rushes.  At least that has common elements of the game of hockey in it.

On 2/2/2023 at 5:59 PM, ajsgolf said:

I was in Sunrise, FL in 2001 for the NHL draft when the Devils drafted Adrian Foster.  Remember him?  Never played lol.  Think he had some kind of stomach thing which might be part of the reason he never played.

I do.  They couldn’t find him when the Devils made the pick because he wasn’t predicted to go anywhere close to the first round.   He already had the ab issue before the draft and hadn’t played in forever.   I still say that the Foster pick was the exact moment David Conte jumped the shark as the lead scout for the Devils 

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 2