New Around The League Thread

Colorado Rockies 1976

10 minutes ago, jagknife said:

“Tough” guy found out really quick some people don’t fvck around when you call them out

Pretty sure he deserved what he got for that mullet alone…

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, jagknife said:

Why do we need to prevent that kind of hit? Those hits aren't limited to just Trouba and the Wilsons of the world, they're just THAT memorable cause the guys are big. Teams that win can hit and they hit hard: Tampa, Colorado, Washington all hit and made teams grind series. Trouba for once had a solid clean hit that did not warrant a retaliatory fight.

You can have both, but the way your post comes across is you either want to outlaw hitting, or, alternatively based on your previous post, you want more brawls after the hits but want the league to have enforcers again.

There's nothing wrong with letting the guys play a skill game, have to keep their heads up like we're all taught the second we lace up skates, AND teams should stop with the honor fighting after the fact. Don't like that your guy just got his bell rung? Go out there and hit him back.

I’m not against the hits or fighting.  I think it’s part of the sport.

I’m just saying, I think the league isn’t clear on the direction it wants to take.

2 hours ago, Puckbuster said:

I’m not against the hits or fighting.  I think it’s part of the sport.

I’m just saying, I think the league isn’t clear on the direction it wants to take.

I guess my confusion is why does the league need to dictate it?

We can have our cake and eat it, too. We don’t need to bring back enforcers but we also don’t need to fight after each big hit cause someone had their head down.

sure go beat the piss out of someone for a cheap shot or dirty

33 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I guess my confusion is why does the league need to dictate it?

We can have our cake and eat it, too. We don’t need to bring back enforcers but we also don’t need to fight after each big hit cause someone had their head down.

sure go beat the piss out of someone for a cheap shot or dirty

Like I said, unless I am wrong, the league was trying or is trying to dictate how the game is played.  If my memory is correct, the effort was to curtail serious injury and to prevent government oversight.

I don’t mind players dictating the game within the rules.  I like the big hits and if a player feels the need to retaliate with a fight, so be it and they can be assessed with the proper penalty.

32 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Finally someone helps us by beating stupid Islanders. Metro teams, aside from Columbus, just dominating the league since Christmas break, even Philly.

Beauvillier had the GWG for Vancouver too lol

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Ehhh, Good for Brown. Statues are neat. 

EDIT: Oh holy fvck it looks nothing like him. LMAO I just pulled it up from Twitter. It looks like bearded Ovi. 

Yup I was laughing at how it looks nothing like him not about them giving him one lol

I'm very happy that whoever made the Marty statue did a fantastic job and it actually looks like him. 

• Like 1

Matthew Tkachuk has obviously played well...but goes to show how players can go to a new team and simply not be the same...at least initially.  Huberdeau has one less goal and two more assists than...Pavel Zacha.  Gaudreau is again playing like the "pretty good" Johnny of 2019-20 and 2020-21.  You wonder if everyone would have just been better off staying put (assuming there were ways to pull off some cap finagling).      

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Matthew Tkachuk has obviously played well...but goes to show how players can go to a new team and simply not be the same...at least initially.  Huberdeau has one less goal and two more assists than...Pavel Zacha.  Gaudreau is again playing like the "pretty good" Johnny of 2019-20 and 2020-21.  You wonder if everyone would have just been better off staying put (assuming there were ways to pull off some cap finagling).      

Gaudreau picking Columbus is such an own goal. There's no getting around that. He'll be fortunate if the team is good again halfway through his contract.

But I guess if he doesn't mind being part of a rebuild ... there's young talent but you never know which way that will go.

Edited by Jerrydevil

3 hours ago, Jerrydevil said:

Gaudreau picking Columbus is such an own goal. There's no getting around that. He'll be fortunate if the team is good again halfway through his contract.

But I guess if he doesn't mind being part of a rebuild ... there's young talent but you never know which way that will go.

Unfortunately the way it’s going right now is towards landing Connor Bedard.