New Around The League Thread

Colorado Rockies 1976

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Of course Krappo has to get one in the last 30 seconds.

@Colorado Rockies 1976

Yeah saw that.

Hoping for a big night for Jack.  Feels like the dam is about the break, as far as scoring goals goes for him.

Remember Tarasenko scoring a goal damned near right away as a Ranger?  Hasn’t done a whole hell of a lot since.

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Remember Tarasenko scoring a goal damned near right away as a Ranger?  Hasn’t done a whole hell of a lot since.

He’s a pretty streaky player isn’t he? I guess most goal scorers are but I’m pretty sure that’s something that has been said of him. 

Edited by Devil Dan 56

5 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

He’s a pretty streaky player isn’t he? I guess most goal scorers are but I’m pretty sure that’s something that has been said of him. 

He hasn’t really been scoring many goals at all this year.

Damn what a sh!tty month for Shesterkin…an .856 save% for him in six February starts (Rangers don’t play again until 3/1, same as the Devils)…the team did manage to win four of the games, despite Stesterkin giving up at least three goals in each of those contests.

He had actually been plenty good through the end of January…not last year good, but he did have a .918 save% entering February.  That’s down to .909 now…ouch.  

EDIT:  Rangers play this evening.  Wonder if they go back to Shesterkin or roll with Halak today.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

15 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Love that he went to the bench for high fives, that's awesome haha

There’s a video on NHL.com showing all of the “goalie goals” scored in NHL history…makes you realize how few of them came on legit down-the-ice shots off the goalie’s stick.  I’d have to go back and count but I’d guess at least half came off accidental own-goals by the other team, where the goalie receives credit by having last touched the puck…Marty wound up getting both of his regular season goals that way.

Ullmark’s was probably the hardest one I’ve seen…he really put some nice zip on it.

And poor Quinn Hughes (he’s the one who angrily smacked the puck away after it found the net)…wish there was a way to bring him here, but it makes absolutely no sense…not with two potential studs who will be coming up and getting paid pennies the next few seasons and won’t cost the Devils any assets at all to add to the lineup.

I was recommended this as a YouTube short and I thought it was very wholesome. It took me a while to figure who the dad was but then I saw the kids jerseys and figured it out. 

Just wholesome stuff. Hands are still there, kind of like Jagr. 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 2

I still have Elias as borderline, but that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t be thrilled to see him get in.  And I wouldn’t see it as some mistake if he does get elected someday.  

The guy I still think absolutely should not get in is Marleau.  Yeah he played forever and was remarkably durable, but he was a guy who was solidly good for a long time (and probably played too long, not to mention broke the NHL all-time games played record because the team that drafted him and had nothing at stake was willing to let him play one last season, despite having nothing left).  Like I’ve always said about him, he’s the ultimate compiler, and that’s not a knock.  But he is not a Hall Of Famer.

Buffalo can score but damn they really need to shore up their D.  They give up plenty too.

I think I might love PK now lmao.

Good lord does Messier sound like a blithering befuddled mess heh heh

• Like 1