New Around The League Thread

Colorado Rockies 1976

Lightning now 0-4-1 in their last 5 GP and have been outscored 27-11.  Too bad the Devils can’t play them right now.  

• Like 1

The Bruins have an amazing +105 goal differential with 20 games left.  That’s the largest since the 2005-06 Ottawa Senators that finished the season with a +107.  It’s the third largest since the 1995-96 Detroit Red Wings that finished the season with a +144.  The 1976-77 Montreal Canadiens hold the record with an incredible +216.

76-77 Canadiens win the cup.

95-96 Red Wings lost in the Conference Finals.

05-06 Ottawa Senators didn’t even get past the second round.

22-23 Bruins TBD.

The President’s Trophy has been given 36 times and only 8 of 36 went on to win the cup.

I hate Bruins fans, as much as, Rangers fans. Living in Assachusetts for 16 years made me realize how little they know about hockey.  I am nowhere near an expert, but for a place known for their hockey, their lack of knowledge is astonishing.

I hope they choke.

Edited by Puckbuster
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Puckbuster said:

The Bruins have an amazing +105 goal differential with 20 games left.  That’s the largest since the 2005-06 Ottawa Senators that finished the season with a +107.  It’s the third largest since the 1995-96 Detroit Red Wings that finished the season with a +144.  The 1976-77 Montreal Canadiens hold the record with an incredible +216.

76-77 Canadiens win the cup.

95-96 Red Wings lost in the Conference Finals.

05-06 Ottawa Senators didn’t even get past the second round.

22-23 Bruins TBD.

The President’s Trophy has been given 36 times and only 8 of 36 went on to win the cup.

I hate Bruins fans, as much as, Rangers fans. Living in Assachusetts for 16 years made me realize how little they know about hockey.  I am nowhere near an expert, but for a place known for their hockey, their lack of knowledge is astonishing.

I hope they choke.

You wouldn't be happy about the names Taylor Hall and Pavel Zacha to be immortally engraved on the Stanley Cup?

(It's hard to type that with a straight face)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

No Tavares tomorrow night either (illness). 

A couple of breaks there for the Devils.  I get the feeling they'll need some more of those to topple Carolina (not to mention beating them on 3/12 of course).  It's funny, Devils only trail them by two points (of course Carolina has a game in hand), but it just feels like more.  They've barely given an inch.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

This gives the above some more context...yeah Harrington could've been a little more gentle for sure given that he was dealing with a kid, but it's not quite as bad as it looks initially:

13 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

This gives the above some more context...yeah Harrington could've been a little more gentle for sure given that he was dealing with a kid, but it's not quite as bad as it looks initially:

Eh, if you read the comments from the girl’s dad in that thread it doesn’t really absolve the guy for being such a jerk. Basically he wanted to grill a Sabres player about his poor +/-. Seriously? 

The worst part was you could see how tentative she was in the first place, and it was actually an employee that literally ushered her over there. You can see the look on his face at the end of the clip. He can’t believe it either. 

Edit: also just noticed the player was Ristolainen, and this was a few years ago. Weird. Wonder why it’s just surfacing now?

Edited by Nicomo

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Eh, if you read the comments from the girl’s dad in that thread it doesn’t really absolve the guy for being such a jerk. Basically he wanted to grill a Sabres player about his poor +/-. Seriously? 

The worst part was you could see hoe tentative she was in the first place, and it was actually an employee that literally ushered her over there. You can see the look on his face at the end of the clip. He can’t believe it either. 

Oh I'm not saying he was completely in the right or couldn't have handled it better.  Basically on the "Being A Dick" scale, instead of a 10, it's more in the 6.5 - 7 range.  He still seems like one of those former dweebus-types who finally has a little power in life, and no people skills to go with it.  

EDIT:  I read all of the Dad's comments, and Harrington's now in the 8.5 - 9 range on the "Being A Dick" scale.  What a punchable gelatinous blob of self-importance he is.  fvck him.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Hard to say but it feels like those players are starting to tune out their head coach?  Basically their three best players get benched in the game prior and that’s how the team responds?

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Hard to say but it feels like those players are starting to tune out their head coach?  Basically their three best players get benched in the game prior and that’s how the team responds?

It bears watching, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

That being said, Bill is a great replacement for Cangi, I thoroughly enjoy our broadcast for the most part.

Agree, he misses things here and there, but I think he’s been terrific.

Tough start for Zetterlund with the Sharks…still looking for his first point after six games.  Also a -5, but the Sharks have some awful goaltending, who knows how much of that really falls on him.  Johnsson has a few assists since going there.

Hertl’s gotta be thinking “What the hell am I still doing here?!”

46 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Tough start for Zetterlund with the Sharks…still looking for his first point after six games.  Also a -5, but the Sharks have some awful goaltending, who knows how much of that really falls on him.  Johnsson has a few assists since going there.

Hertl’s gotta be thinking “What the hell am I still doing here?!”

They’re wasting a hell of a season from Karlsson, too.