New Around The League Thread

Colorado Rockies 1976

Damn…Leafs take a 2-0 lead at home and then see the Sabres storm back to take a 4-2 lead.  Even kookier was that the Sabres outshot the Leafs 17-3 in the second and saw the Leafs win the period by a 2-1 score.  Hockey is so weird sometimes…

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

On 3/12/2023 at 5:12 PM, Rob_Ottawa said:

That boarding penalty was never more than a two minute in my eyes. They threw the book at him in the most critical game of the year when refs usually swallow their whistle.

F4BB0E6D-2950-4234-8E1D-2E72E4BDD4E4.gif.6b00283442428ab7551851d23c70f5cd.gif

The hit came after the no call when Gionta was drilled into the boards.  I do believe that it was a dangerous hit by Bernier , but it would have never happened if they called a penalty on Stoll.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Puckbuster said:

F4BB0E6D-2950-4234-8E1D-2E72E4BDD4E4.gif.6b00283442428ab7551851d23c70f5cd.gif

The hit came after the no call when Gionta was drilled into the boards.  I do believe that it was a dangerous hit by Bernier , but it would have never happened if they called a penalty on Stoll.

^this. I assume it wasn't called since it happened on the short boards and Giontas face wasn't plastered on any plexiglass

9 hours ago, Max20Characters said:

^this. I assume it wasn't called since it happened on the short boards and Giontas face wasn't plastered on any plexiglass

I agree that’s why there was no call, however, I still believe a minor should have been called for boarding.  My understanding could be wrong.

I do think Bernie’s hit did warrant a major.

9 hours ago, Max20Characters said:

I agree that’s why there was no call, however, I still believe a minor should have been called for boarding.

I do think Bernie’s hit did warrant a major, but I don’t think Bernier makes that hit if they called a penalty on Stoll.

20 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

This is Daniel Briere’s son. What a colossal piece of absolute trash. 

That's fvcked up. Watching the video with no context going into it and with the 2 guys talking I was waiting for one of them to swing at each other or push each other with one of them falling down the stairs because of it. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Puckbuster said:

I agree that’s why there was no call, however, I still believe a minor should have been called for boarding.  My understanding could be wrong.

I do think Bernie’s hit did warrant a major.

Yes it was a bad hit by Bernier but should not have happened because that hit on gionta was textbook boarding. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Fansinz88 said:

What on earth would make someone do that? Where was the person that needed it? 

She had to leave it upstairs because she needed to use the bathroom, located downstairs.

Yeah, only stating the obvious here, but what a complete d!ck.  Hope his hockey career is toast.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

She had to leave it upstairs because she needed to use the bathroom, located downstairs.

Yeah, only stating the obvious here, but what a complete d!ck.  Hope his hockey career is toast.

He's 23 and I've never even heard of Mercyhurst so I don't think he was ever gonna have much of a career even without being an a$$hole. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

He's 23 and I've never even heard of Mercyhurst so I don't think he was ever gonna have much of a career even without being an a$$hole. 

I just mean in general, regardless of level.  

• Like 2