New Around The League Thread

Colorado Rockies 1976

2 hours ago, jagknife said:

1) 100% icing.

2) Goalie had it covered long enough for play to be whistled.

3) The linesman should be suspended indefinitely like that College Baseball ump with the atrocious strikeout sequence cause he just wanted to go home last week.

The linesman trailing the play is the one who initiates an icing call, and it doesn't look like he ever did.  The linesman who everyone is blaming on this play can't make the call if the other guy doesn't initiate it.  It looks like he also waves it off anyway because the puck went right past an Ottawa guy before leaving the zone, he just opted to play the body rather than the puck.

Sogaard really didn't have it covered, he was expecting a whistle for icing, but since the goalie has a view of the whole ice, he's supposed to look at the linesman and let his players know if icing is about to be called or not.  When the puck came to him, despite there being no whistle, he didn't really cover the puck like he was trying to freeze it.  It was behind his blocker but wasn't really covered.  People are bashing the linesman for not calling icing--maybe it could have been but I also see why it was waved off--when really it's Sogaard that butchered this play in multiple ways.  This is a good call.  If Sogaard just covers it like normal, or lets his defenseman know icing is waved off, then nothing happens on this play.

• Like 1

Make that 2-0 Leafs

Now 2-1 boooooooo.

3-1 Leafs yesssssss

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

Leafs do the Devils a solid and take down the ‘Canes 5-2.  One point back with the ‘Canes holding one game in hand.  Still within reach for now.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Whatever, still don’t have a goalie, and still have to say they live in Ohio (no offense @Nicomo)

Glass houses brother. ;)

And yes I know you guys get a bad wrap in NJ. From my experience (the 2x I’ve been there) it’s like anywhere else - in that there’s nice parts, and some not so nice parts. 

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Glass houses brother. ;)

And yes I know you guys get a bad wrap in NJ. From my experience (the 2x I’ve been there) it’s like anywhere else - in that there’s nice parts, and some not so nice parts. 

The difference is we have great pizza in both the nice and not so nice parts 😁

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Glass houses brother. ;)

To be fair, I live in a place that is nicknamed “lower Alabama.” I don’t have a leg to stand on

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

The difference is we have great pizza in both the nice and not so nice parts 😁

I only tried NYC pizza when we were up there. We actually had some tonight from one of the few places here (like maybe 3-4) that can actually compete with some of the best pizza I’ve had outside of Ohio. It was Sicilian style though, so probably not you NY/NJ’s guys bag. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Lol... 

Well, let’s be fair here…in JG’s defense, he didn’t say HOW MANY games he went there to win.  🤣

Rangers up 6-0…man this is one of those “Sh!tty night for MY team” kind of nights.  Good news is the sun comes up the next day and we can move the fvck on.  

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Rangers up 6-0…man this is one of those “Sh!tty night for MY team” kind of nights.  Good news is the sun comes up the next day and we can move the fvck on.  

Goose eggs for Kakko and Laf at least so far. 

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I can see him getting 7-8 years at close to $8 million per.  Seems to be the MO these days…lock up your potential stars and hope that they become bargains…not to mention that you’re buying up prime years.  

• Like 1

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I can see him getting 7-8 years at close to $8 million per.  Seems to be the MO these days…lock up your potential stars and hope that they become bargains…not to mention that you’re buying up prime years.  

Definitely see that kind of deal in Zegras’ future. If they land Bedard, that would be a hell of a dynamic duo. 

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Definitely see that kind of deal in Zegras’ future. If they land Bedard, that would be a hell of a dynamic duo. 

It’s a hell of a start to building something for sure.  

• Like 1