New Around The League Thread

Colorado Rockies 1976

16 minutes ago, jagknife said:

My issue is he KNEW it was happening. In my job, if you have knowledge of something like this happening, its a failure to report and you too can be charged. Granted we all know i'm in a much different situation than most, but he didn't protect his people.

Also, Kyle Beach aside, through their inaction with Aldrich he went on to work for a high school and assault more kids. 

I'd have trouble living with myself knowing my inaction, due to my own selfishness, lead to kids getting hurt(to put it lightly). I'd be ashamed and deserving of disgrace. Both these dudes are dying to get back in the league-- they just want this whole thing to go away and move on from it like nothing happened. I haven't really seen/heard them own any of it. Zero responsibility. That they both must think that being out of a job for a couple years is good enough just shows how little they must give a sh!t.

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

The Leafs are a trainwreck 🤣

Yeah that’s a whole new level of clusterfvck up there right now.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah that’s a whole new level of clusterfvck up there right now.

As always, I love the drama like this. Maximum chaos. In the back of my mind I always have this dread that the rags will find a way to benefit from these situations, though... so if there are hockey gods they need to keep that from happening as both TOR and NSH go through some major changes and some really good players are available. Trotz won't be made a fool, but who knows who is going to be making these calls in Toronto.

35 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Hard to tell which commish is more punchable:  Goodell or Bettman.  Two smug arrogant a$$holes who just HAVE to be right about everything...even when it's obvious to everyone else when they're wrong.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Hard to tell which commish is more punchable:  Goodell or Bettman.  Two smug arrogant a$$holes who just HAVE to be right about everything...even when it's obvious to everyone else when they're wrong.  

Two guys who have not an ounce of humility between them too. Those two a$$holes have made countless mistakes in their tenures, but they would never admit to any of them. Always the smartest guys in the room. I loathe them both- and I can’t stand Manfred either.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

image.jpeg.229eaa369597de278c90c6ecf849c508.jpeg

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Had a debate with my friend about it last night. He says he read all the documents and Q is more a victim of circumstance(not an uncommon opinion). I haven't, so I can't speak much to that. I just know the footnotes that have been reported.

That's BS based on what I have read. He might not have been the top guy in the room be he was one of them, a guy everyone respected, and head of the coaching stsff. Any of them could have stood up and did the right thing and none of them did, but especially not the few in charge. In my mind, all the guys in that room have something to answer for but just not to the same degree.

Edited by NJDevils1214
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

That's BS based on what I have read. He might not have been the top guy in the room be he was one of them, a guy everyone respected, and head of the coaching stsff. Any of them could have stood up and did the right thing and none of them did, but especially not the few in charge. In my mind, all the guys in that room have something to answer for but just not to the same degree.

Sounds similar to Paterno. Team first mentality - couldn't care less about the victims.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

The buck stops with the head coach. You are the HEAD COACH. If sh!t goes down on your watch, YOU are responsible. Because great leaders fvcking LEAD, and that means taking responsibility for the sh!t that happens under your watch whether or not you are directly at fault. Period, end of story. So there is no ‘victim of circumstance’ here, because Joel Quenneville, when presented with the information that Brad Aldridge was sexually abusing a player on the team, chose to ignore it. A leader steps up and fires that motherfvcker, and calls the cops. Joel Quenneville maybe a great hockey coach, but he’s no leader. He’s a piece of sh!t, and anyone that hires him should he ashamed. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

The buck stops with the head coach. You are the HEAD COACH. If sh!t goes down on your watch, YOU are responsible. Because great leaders fvcking LEAD, and that means taking responsibility for the sh!t that happens under your watch whether or not you are directly at fault. Period, end of story. So there is no ‘victim of circumstance’ here, because Joel Quenneville, when presented with the information that Brad Aldridge was sexually abusing a player on the team, chose to ignore it. A leader steps up and fires that motherfvcker, and calls the cops. Joel Quenneville maybe a great hockey coach, but he’s no leader. He’s a piece of sh!t, and anyone that hires him should he ashamed. 

I agree. Please don't yell at me 😭

• Like 1

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/news/nhlpa-reviewing-kyle-dubas-relationship-with-agent-for-potential-conflict-of-interest

This is interesting.   Not sure why the NHLPA is the one looking into it given how player friendly the Matthews deal is and was.   The Leafs ought to be suspicious though.   

Edited by Lateralous

On 5/23/2023 at 6:53 PM, MadDog2020 said:

I’m all for it.  You know it would end spectacularly bad

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Roy and the NY media would be…. interesting 🤣

I get where you’re coming from but there is no NY media aside from Larry Brooks. No one in nyc really gives that much of a sh!t about the Rags.