New Around The League Thread

Colorado Rockies 1976

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Someone just tweeted Kane will be a Rag tomorrow. I hope it'll finally be over and everyone can stop drooling about it.

Yeah that was obviously only a matter of time.  

So in a weird scheduling quirk, the Sens host the Red Wings two night in a row…and after winning the first game 5-2, they now lead them in the second game 4-1, after one period.  Ouch for the Wings…yikes…

The Bruins have five shots on goal and are up 2-0 on Calgary. Dmitry Orlov has both goals. It’s unbelievable.

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

So in a weird scheduling quirk, the Sens host the Red Wings two night in a row…and after winning the first game 5-2, they now lead them in the second game 4-1, after one period.  Ouch for the Wings…yikes…

We get Tampa back-to-back at home on 3/14 and 3/16.

Edited by MadDog2020

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

The Bruins have five shots on goal and are up 2-0 on Calgary. Dmitry Orlov has both goals. It’s unbelievable.

We get Tampa back-to-back at home on 3/14 and 3/16.

Yeah I know about that…I’m going to the 3/14 game.  Good test.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

That's called a playoff litmus test

That’s exactly what that’s called. And then we get the Rags on March 30. Plus we have a game at home against Carolina. March is a huge month. 

Anyone think Fitz is making another move prior to the deadline?  I say no…think he’s just too hamstrung.  And I’m ok with that.  Meier was a huge nab.

10 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Canes lost again. Devils only 1 point back for 1st! 

Canes with a game in hand, but Devils managing to stay right there with them.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Canes with a game in hand, but Devils managing to say right there with them.  

They have 1 game in hand, but the Devils have Timo on the way. It will be an interesting finish down the stretch. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That March 12 game will be HUGE

Yeah will be interesting to see the games leading up to that one too...Devils will be integrating Meier into the system, and the Canes (who decided to pivot to quantity-over-quality moves) will be adding a couple of question marks in Puljujvari and Gostisbehere into their lineup (of course, the former's considered to be an underachiever, and the latter from what I've read apparently needs VERY sheltered minutes to succeed).  Guess we'll see if either team makes any more moves...I think the Devils are "What you see is what you get" at this point, and I'm OK with that.  For a team that just turned the corner and is in Year One of a competitive window, I'm good with seeing what this group as is can do.  New young (and improved) blood will be joining the fray next season...some of it, maybe even at the end of this season.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976