Jump to content

New Around The League Thread


Colorado Rockies 1976

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Pretty much an open-and-shut case.  Glad she’s pressing charges.

Here’s her story…she lost her legs in a severe car accident, in 2021.  Hope you’re proud of yourself Carson:

https://www.yourerie.com/news/local-news/exclusive-interview-owner-of-wheelchair-seen-in-viral-video-involving-student-athletes-tells-her-story/amp/

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Panthers have made a hell of a charge to fight their way back into the WC chase…they now own the WC2 slot, with 79 points…just one behind the Isles, and the Panthers have a game in hand.

The Penguins’ lack of consistency all season is hurting them yet again…they lose four in a row, then go 7-1-1 and appear to be solidifying their hold on a playoff berth, then they lose four in a row AGAIN (getting outscored 18-7 to boot) and are now locked into what looks to be a three-team battle for the WC spots.    Of course things can change but it’s hard to make much of a case for any of the teams trailing the Isles, Panthers and Penguins.  Getting to be too late in the season to be trailing by as many points as those teams are…and not like any of them are tearing it up lately.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The Panthers have made a hell of a charge to fight their way back into the WC chase…they now own the WC2 slot, with 79 points…just one behind the Isles, and the Panthers have a game in hand.

The Penguins’ lack of consistency all season is hurting them yet again…they lose four in a row, then go 7-1-1 and appear to be solidifying their hold on a playoff berth, then they lose four in a row AGAIN (getting outscored 18-7 to boot) and are now locked into what looks to be a three-team battle for the WC spots.    Of course things can change but it’s hard to make much of a case for any of the teams trailing the Isles, Panthers and Penguins.  Getting to be too late in the season to be trailing by as many points as those teams are…and not like any of them are tearing it up lately.

Magic number down to 5 to clinch.

I know you talked yesterday about the focus on positioning, but for me the clinch is massive versus my expectations of the season. When this team clinches, they should celebrate, it'll be the first of hopefully many, and it'll be a welcome relief for this particular Devils' fan that the suffering is nearly over

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Magic number down to 5 to clinch.

I know you talked yesterday about the focus on positioning, but for me the clinch is massive versus my expectations of the season. When this team clinches, they should celebrate, it'll be the first of hopefully many, and it'll be a welcome relief for this particular Devils' fan that the suffering is nearly over

Oh without question even if it’s merely a formality at this point, it is one THOUSAND percent a huge cause for celebration.  For all of us!  And for all of THEM.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Doesn't seem like a popular choice. Seems a bit amateurish to me. 

Suffice it to say that Fanatics better step up their general quality BIG TIME.  No more cheaper (read:  much crappier) versions of NHL jerseys.  Better materials Fanatics…use them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The Panthers have made a hell of a charge to fight their way back into the WC chase…they now own the WC2 slot, with 79 points…just one behind the Isles, and the Panthers have a game in hand.

The Penguins’ lack of consistency all season is hurting them yet again…they lose four in a row, then go 7-1-1 and appear to be solidifying their hold on a playoff berth, then they lose four in a row AGAIN (getting outscored 18-7 to boot) and are now locked into what looks to be a three-team battle for the WC spots.    Of course things can change but it’s hard to make much of a case for any of the teams trailing the Isles, Panthers and Penguins.  Getting to be too late in the season to be trailing by as many points as those teams are…and not like any of them are tearing it up lately.

 

The Pens were really close to the Rangers too before that. Looking at the standings them, carolina and us are basically locked into the 1-3 spot. One of those wild card teams would have to go on some hot streak plus one of us 3 would really have to go on a really bad losing streak at this point. 

I'd really like to pass Carolina and let them play the Rangers. It's not that I'm afraid of the Rangers on the ice or anything but I'd really just like to enjoy the 1st round without having to deal with all the idiots that will be in the crowd if we play the Rangers. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Suffice it to say that Fanatics better step up their general quality BIG TIME.  No more cheaper (read:  much crappier) versions of NHL jerseys.  Better materials Fanatics…use them.

The jerseys could disintegrate like thanos snapping his finger for all I care, as long as they bring back the freaking bottom stripes…

 

… I’m only partly kidding…

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Suffice it to say that Fanatics better step up their general quality BIG TIME.  No more cheaper (read:  much crappier) versions of NHL jerseys.  Better materials Fanatics…use them.

Gonna be super cool when name plates and numbers and sleeves are just falling all over the ice. 

I would also assume that the dream of getting a decent replica at a reasonable price is officially over

Edited by Devil Dan 56
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Gonna be super cool when name plates and numbers and sleeves are just falling all over the ice. 

I would also assume that the dream of getting a decent replica at a reasonable price is officially over

I know the initial reaction will be the same as what you and many others are saying, but I gotta think Fanatics doesn't get a 10-year deal without convincing the NHL that there will be a serious commitment to quality assurance.  They have a full season to do design and tests and ramp up ahead of 2024-25.  It's on the NHL to make sure that any quality issues are addressed and solved during the next 15-16 months or so, during what figures to be a prototype testing phase.  There's absolutely time to make sure Fanatics can manufacture NHL-quality jerseys prior to them taking over for Adidas; there's really no excuse for the NHL and Fanatics to fvck this up.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

The jerseys could disintegrate like thanos snapping his finger for all I care, as long as they bring back the freaking bottom stripes…

 

… I’m only partly kidding…

Seriously, I would love nothing more than this announcement:

”As we get back to our winning ways, it’s time to bring back our winning look…”

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I know the initial reaction will be the same as what you and many others are saying, but I gotta think Fanatics doesn't get a 10-year deal without convincing the NHL that there will be a serious commitment to quality assurance.  They have a full season to do design and tests and ramp up ahead of 2024-25.  It's on the NHL to make sure that any quality issues are addressed and solved during the next 15-16 months or so, during what figures to be a prototype testing phase.  There's absolutely time to make sure Fanatics can manufacture NHL-quality jerseys prior to them taking over for Adidas; there's really no excuse for the NHL and Fanatics to fvck this up.   

I wasn’t being serious, I’m sure they had to show they can create nhl level jerseys. 

My second point stands though. Paying nearly 200 bucks for a personalized replica level jersey is ridiculous

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I wasn’t being serious, I’m sure they had to show they can create nhl level jerseys. 

My second point stands though. Paying nearly 200 bucks for a personalized replica level jersey is ridiculous

Oh I know you weren’t being deadly serious but Fanatics has a LOT to prove here.  There’s a reason for all of the jokes being made at their expense.  And I agree with your second point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Oh I know you weren’t being deadly serious but Fanatics has a LOT to prove here.  There’s a reason for all of the jokes being made at their expense.  And I agree with your second point.

Saw this... 

“Fanatics said Tuesday it will manufacture the new NHL uniforms in Canada at the same factory that had been making the NHL’s on-ice uniforms for the last three decades. Over the next 18 months, the company said, it will build teams and expand resources in preparation for the rollout.” 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Saw this... 

“Fanatics said Tuesday it will manufacture the new NHL uniforms in Canada at the same factory that had been making the NHL’s on-ice uniforms for the last three decades. Over the next 18 months, the company said, it will build teams and expand resources in preparation for the rollout.” 

Yeah I figured that they knew they'd have to step up their game significantly.  Let's face it, I can't remember a jersey manufacturer in any sport that had fans almost expecting them to fail...if their jerseys aren't up to snuff the immediate reaction will be "What what the hell was everyone expecting?  Of course they're sh!t!" 

The only way that Fanatics would have any chance to succeed is to massively upgrade their business model.  Guessing the NHL infused them with enough cash in this deal to make sure that Fanatics can't ever claim they weren't provided enough financial support to provide a quality product.  If they fail, it will come down to general mismanagement and incompetence.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

there's really no excuse for the NHL and Fanatics to fvck this up.   

Uh…. It’s the NHL and Fanatics. They will UNQUESTIONABLY fvck this up.

Edited by MadDog2020
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Uh…. It’s the NHL and Fanatics. They will UNQUESTIONABLY fvck this up.

 

1 hour ago, Bonginator11 said:

Yea I have my doubts. Unless Fanatics SIGNIFICANTLY steps up the quality of the normal garbage they produce, we will be very disappointed

The NHL is a great product right now, for the most part (officiating needs to improve, but what else is new)...lots of electric stars in the game (with a new one soon to join in Bedard), and overall these games are a fun watch.  I think the NHL knows this is not the time to come off bush-league with cheaply-made substandard uniforms that simply aren't to the rigors of game in-game out use.  I'm sure that Fanatics (out of pure NECESSITY) isn't just going to come up with slightly better versions of the crap that they've been peddling to fans.  The name might still be Fanatics, but I don't think we're getting Fanatics jerseys as we currently think of them (and I wouldn't touch one of those current pieces of sh!t even with two pairs of gloves on).

Keep in mind that players will speak up too...if the Fanatics jerseys aren't up to snuff for whatever the reasons, I don't expect the players to keep quiet about it.

Like I said, there's PLENTY of time to get this right.  No excuses.  None. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

 

The Pens were really close to the Rangers too before that. Looking at the standings them, carolina and us are basically locked into the 1-3 spot. One of those wild card teams would have to go on some hot streak plus one of us 3 would really have to go on a really bad losing streak at this point. 

I'd really like to pass Carolina and let them play the Rangers. It's not that I'm afraid of the Rangers on the ice or anything but I'd really just like to enjoy the 1st round without having to deal with all the idiots that will be in the crowd if we play the Rangers. 

Yeah 1-3 in the Metro are locked up, it's all about what order that they wind up in.  The Isles aren't making up 12 points on the Rangers...and the teams behind them aren't catching up either.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Isles blowing out the Leafs tonight.

Panthers get blown out themselves.

Glad the Devils are in a dogfight for first, second or third in the Metro and not fighting for their playoff lives.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Isles blowing out the Leafs tonight.

Panthers get blown out themselves.

Glad the Devils are in a dogfight for first, second or third in the Metro and not fighting for their playoff lives.

Also with the Panthers loss our number is down to 4.

If the Pens lose tonight, it’s 2. Let’s go Avs, in regulation, of course.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.