Jump to content

New Around The League Thread


Colorado Rockies 1976

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Dammit, Canes banked a point.  They bank the second and I’m pretty much giving up on the Devils winning the Metro.  Even if the Canes don’t snag that second point, I just can’t see the Devils having much of a shot without getting a ton of help from unlikely sources.  

Yeah, can't disagree.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Boston wins in a SO

So here’s how I see it…if the Devils get to a point where they control their own destiny for the Metro, I’ll believe that they’re in it.  But being down three points with Carolina having a game in hand AND having only nine games left in their season…that’s a LOT to overcome.

Canes go 5-5 in their final 10 and the Devils have to go 7-2 to pull ahead.  Tough sledding…I just want to see them hold off the Rangers, which I think that they can.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

So here’s how I see it…if the Devils get to a point where they control their own destiny for the Metro, I’ll believe that they’re in it.  But being down three points with Carolina having a game in hand AND having only nine games left in their season…that’s a LOT to overcome.

Canes go 5-5 in their final 10 and the Devils have to go 7-2 to pull ahead.  Tough sledding…I just want to see them hold off the Rangers, which I think that they can.  

They got 3 out of 4 points vs Toronto and Boston, teams we really needed to help us out. The bigger problem is looking at Carolina's schedule is that they have Ottawa 2x, Detroit 2x and Buffalo and Montreal 1x. Lots of easy games for them. I just don't see it happening now. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

They got 3 out of 4 points vs Toronto and Boston, teams we really needed to help us out. The bigger problem is looking at Carolina's schedule is that they have Ottawa 2x, Detroit 2x and Buffalo and Montreal 1x. Lots of easy games for them. I just don't see it happening now. 

If Carolina manages a point or more against the Lightning on Tuesday, I'd say that's pretty much it.  Anything can happen but I just don't see the Canes stumbling so much as to truly jeopardize losing the division.  It's like I said previously, at the very least I gotta see the Devils somehow gain control of their destiny before I'll even entertain the Metro title being a real possibility.  

And no knocks on the Devils here...they largely kept pace with a terrific Canes team that has the second-most points in the NHL and even took the season series (going 2-1-1 against them).  The Canes were simply able to bank just a little bit more points.

For me it's now much more about keeping the Rangers from moving ahead of the Devils...not about hoping for outside help in trying to leapfrog over the Carolina (especially since the Devils won't be able to count on much help).  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

If Carolina manages a point or more against the Lightning on Tuesday, I'd say that's pretty much it.  Anything can happen but I just don't see the Canes stumbling so much as to truly jeopardize losing the division.  It's like I said previously, at the very least I gotta see the Devils somehow gain control of their destiny before I'll even entertain the Metro title being a real possibility.  

And no knocks on the Devils here...they largely kept pace with a terrific Canes team that has the second-most points in the NHL and even took the season series (going 2-1-1 against them).  The Canes were simply able to bank just a little bit more points.

For me it's now much more about keeping the Rangers from moving ahead of the Devils...not about hoping for outside help in trying to leapfrog over the Carolina (especially since the Devils won't be able to count on much help).  

Yeah it’s pretty much Tampa has to win in regulation or that’s it. I hate how Carolina has not dropped a single pace since losing Schechnikov. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, devlman said:

Yeah it’s pretty much Tampa has to win in regulation or that’s it. I hate how Carolina has not dropped a single pace since losing Schechnikov. 

The Canes actually haven't been scorching hot as of late...they've gone 8-6-1 in their last 15.  Devils have gone 8-4-3 in their last 15 (putting up a .633 point% in picking up two points), so it's not like they've dropped the ball or anything.  It's just hard to make up 5+ point gaps against good teams as the season hits the final turn.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The Canes actually haven't been scorching hot as of late...they've gone 8-6-1 in their last 15.  Devils have gone 8-4-3 in their last 15 (putting up a .633 point% in picking up two points), so it's not like they've dropped the ball or anything.  It's just hard to make up 5+ point gaps against good teams as the season hits the final turn.

Oh wow it doesn’t seem like Carolina has been that ‘average’ over their 15. Maybe there is still hope in these remaining games that slip some more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rangers taking care of business against the BJs so far (though Columbus did just score to make it 3-1).  Suffice it to say Thursday’s game will be a hell of a test.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Columbus making a fight of this…now down 3-2 after being down 3-0 early.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

More annoying that we've stumbled when they left the door wide open for us 

I would be more annoyed if this was an “all in” kind of year, where Fitz had clearly pushed all his chips to the middle of the table in a boom-or-bust push to try to win the whole shebang.  But this is still the third-youngest team in the NHL and it’s not that big of a surprise that they’ve stumbled some.  At least the kids are going to get some playoff experience…that’s a huge plus right there. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, devlman said:

Do we even think there’s a chance at the division again? 

Not yet, but not giving up hope entirely.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

 

 

So stupid, if you buy or rent near an airport then you should expect noise... 

"It contends that Tempe's approval of the deal violated a policy that limits how close housing can be to Phoenix's Sky Harbor International Airport, part of a 1994 agreement designed to spare residents from loud plane noise and protect the airport from noise-related litigation."

Edited by Satans Hockey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

So stupid, if you buy or rent near an airport then you should expect noise... 

"It contends that Tempe's approval of the deal violated a policy that limits how close housing can be to Phoenix's Sky Harbor International Airport, part of a 1994 agreement designed to spare residents from loud plane noise and protect the airport from noise-related litigation."

That’s like saying military family’s should be able to sue if they live near base and hear planes or jets… Jesus Arizona might be run by idiots

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rangers extend one of their “kids”:

https://www.nhl.com/news/filip-chytil-agrees-to-four-year-contract-with-new-york-rangers/c-342878888

$4.25 million AAV.  Obviously it’s based on this season not being a fluke.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Rangers extend one of their “kids”:

https://www.nhl.com/news/filip-chytil-agrees-to-four-year-contract-with-new-york-rangers/c-342878888

$4.25 million AAV.  Obviously it’s based on this season not being a fluke.

I remember when Rags fans were arguing Chytil was better than Bratt. Anyone think they end up with similar deals? :lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.