New Around The League Thread

Colorado Rockies 1976

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Palms with a clean breakaway and couldn’t score. Ugh. I really want the pressure on the Panthers tomorrow night. 

He’s actually been better than I realized since he’s returned from injury…10 G and 13 A in 33 GP.

Montreal just scored…oof

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Habs tie it after Horvat flubs a great chance. 

Isles make it 2-1

Speaking of Horvat, they were really blowing him up during the pregame, but he’s been pretty meh since going there.  He used up all of his good fortune with the Canucks.

4 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Used to be an islanders fan a very long time ago but now starting to hate them, fvck them and palmieri, and their fans and those stupid chants.

Them winning this game puts pressure on the Panthers to beat the Canes tomorrow night (to avoid playing Boston). Every Devils fan should be rooting for them right now. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Them winning this game puts pressure on the Panthers to beat the Canes tomorrow night (to avoid playing Boston). Every Devils fan should be rooting for them right now. 

I fvcking hate the Islanders and their douche bag fans and even I want them to win tonight

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

I fvcking hate the Islanders and their douche bag fans and even I want them to win tonight

Yeah as much as I’d like to see them lose, it’s much better for the Devils if they win.  Simple as that.

• Like 1

Feels like this game’s more of a fight than it should be…but a team like Montreal can seem to be in it, then just like that, they give up 2 or 3 quick goals and wilt pretty quickly.  The key is not letting those teams hang around with, say, 5 mins or so left in the third.

The Islanders really can’t resist making things tougher on themselves.  The Canadiens were ripe to be put away and the Isles give up a shorty AND then take a penalty with 24 seconds left on their power play.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

3-2 Isles through 2.  Isles have been the better team but never good when the bad team is finding a way to hang around.