New Around The League Thread

Colorado Rockies 1976

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

Pittsburgh out for the first time since 2006.

Hell of a run.  Only the second time since Sid’s been there that the Pens miss the playoffs.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, njbuff said:

What do we think the Devils motivation will be tomorrow as well???

Who do they prefer to play???

You obviously go for the banner if it’s within reach. Tied for most wins in franchise history, the 13 game heater, multiple records broken (Jack, Dougie, *VV 30+ wins, etc) this team deserves it. 

As far as matchups I’ve seen most people say they prefer the Rags. The only thing I don’t like about that is Shesterkin could get hot and steal a series. Plus it’s not a true home ice advantage with all the blue that will be at the Rock. 

I personally want to see them win the division and play Florida. 

*not a record, but he’s only the 2nd Devils goalie to do it after Marty. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Curious what the Bolts streak is - feel like they haven't missed the playoffs since at least 2015 when they went to the finals. Maybe well before that. 

This will be their sixth straight playoff season...the Lightning last missed them in 2016-17, despite putting up 94 points (they and the Islanders finished one point out of a playoff berth that year).  Overall they've made them in 9 out of the last 10 seasons, so yeah, they pretty much get in all of time.  

3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

If Winnipeg ends up having a good post season run maybe he signs there to play at home for a bit. 

I guess I wonder how much he really has left.  His last two years reek of someone on the decline...to be expected at his age and workload (1066 regular season games), but can he still be a USEFUL player?

I can see him signing with a non-playoff bound team, and that team trying to flip him to a contender later, if he looks like he still has something. 

18 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Lost 13 straight games to end the season. I kinda hope they win the lottery just so those fans have something to enjoy. As long as it’s not Columbus or anyone else in the east. I don’t want to see Bedard more than twice a year. 

• Like 4