New Around The League Thread

Colorado Rockies 1976

12 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Do I? I don't think I do Sir. 

Cracking Up Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Never understood why some of our fans felt sh!tty towards the guy, without him we would’ve never had the chance to break into the post season that year, guy was like the first mvp ever for the devils and carried the entire team on his back. Gave us a little something to be excited about in the middle of a decade of horrible sh!t hockey that wasn’t even worth watching half the time. It’s not like he bounced on us, we never even offered him a contract. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Never understood why some of our fans felt sh!tty towards the guy, without him we would’ve never had the chance to break into the post season that year, guy was like the first mvp ever for the devils and carried the entire team on his back. Gave us a little something to be excited about in the middle of a decade of horrible sh!t hockey that wasn’t even worth watching half the time. It’s not like he bounced on us, we never even offered him a contract. 

Don't like him. Never did never will. Was glad when he left and took his attitude with him. 👎 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

The whole "hand cupped behind the ear" thing rubbed some people the wrong way, but that didn't bother me at all.  I have two of his GWs (from 2016-17) and I still wear them to games and won't ever have an issue with doing that in the seasons to come.  Yeah, in the end it turns out he had a career year in 2017-18 that he was never going to match, but what a fun career year that it was...a friggin' Hart Trophy came out of it!  And man imagine if he had stayed here at top dollar and was only putting up 60 points or so per 82 GP?  Devils dodged a bullet by not only moving on, but also by getting the pick that turned into Dawson Mercer and getting another guy in Kevin Bahl who looks like he might stick.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Man at this point you’ve got to just feel bad for hall. 

Nope, not after he pouted his way off the roster.

Hilarious. Takes a pay cut to stay with the Bruins to win, gets shipped off to another rebuilding team.

Heeeeeelarious

2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Nope, not after he pouted his way off the roster.

Hilarious. Takes a pay cut to stay with the Bruins to win, gets shipped off to another rebuilding team.

Heeeeeelarious

In fairness, how did Hall "pout his way" off the roster?  He was putting together another good season in 2018-19 before a knee injury killed his year.  According to Shero, Hall never bitched or moaned or asked to be dealt prior to his being jettisoned to the Coyotes.  Things just happened the way that they did, and thankfully Shero was able to get solid assets in return.   

Damn, didn't see that Hall got traded to the Blackhawks...yikes.  Looks like the idea is that he'll be a good presence for Bedard.  Hard to believe he's joining his sixth NHL team...and fourth since being dealt from the Devils.

Depending on what happens, the B'Hawks should be able to flip him at the 2025 deadline for something.  

• Like 2

I have a real sour taste in my mouth for how he taunted the fans, said some bullsh!t to the media a couple times. In complete fairness, it is entirely possible that I'm making more of it than what it was in my head, time flies and maybe I'm exaggerating.

• Like 1

Just now, Devilsfan118 said:

I have a real sour taste in my mouth for how he taunted the fans, said some bullsh!t to the media a couple times. In complete fairness, it is entirely possible that I'm making more of it than what it was in my head, time flies and maybe I'm exaggerating.

It was a lousy time to be a Devils fan for all of us.  The losing was really piling up, and it was so disappointing to see the Devils not being able to build off 2017-18.  I think a lot of things probably got blown up at the time.  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The whole "hand cupped behind the ear" thing rubbed some people the wrong way, but that didn't bother me at all.  I have two of his GWs (from 2016-17) and I still wear them to games and won't ever have an issue with doing that in the seasons to come.  Yeah, in the end it turns out he had a career year in 2017-18 that he was never going to match, but what a fun career year that it was...a friggin' Hart Trophy came out of it!  And man imagine if he had stayed here at top dollar and was only putting up 60 points or so per 82 GP?  Devils dodged a bullet by not only moving on, but also by getting the pick that turned into Dawson Mercer and getting another guy in Kevin Bahl who looks like he might stick.  

I do remember him doing that after people were calling him out.. perfect example of fans holding onto absolutely ridiculous things. But yea I do agree, flipping him over and ending up with the Mercer pick was the right move or we would’ve just wasted some of his prime years anyway, he wasn’t the piece that was going to push this team forward. 

• Like 1

I still remember the day that trade broke. I was dating an emotionally abusive monster, working a sh!tty dead-end job at a CVS in an affluent NJ suburb. As soon as I saw that "The Trade is 1 for 1" I flew outside to the back of the building and sat there for probably 40 minutes just chain-smoking and refreshing twitter. 

Funny how time changes all. Devils were bottom feeders then and now we're cup contenders. Similarly, I quit that dead-end job on a whim -  I now have a decent 9-5 at a graphic design company, a great woman by my side, and I haven't smoked a cigarette in almost 2 years. Twitter remains a cesspool though. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I still remember the day that trade broke. I was dating an emotionally abusive monster, working a sh!tty dead-end job at a CVS in an affluent NJ suburb. As soon as I saw that "The Trade is 1 for 1" I flew outside to the back of the building and sat there for probably 40 minutes just chain-smoking and refreshing twitter. 

Funny how time changes all. Devils were bottom feeders then and now we're cup contenders. Similarly, I quit that dead-end job on a whim -  I now have a decent 9-5 at a graphic design company, a great woman by my side, and I haven't smoked a cigarette in almost 2 years. Twitter remains a cesspool though. 

There was like a 40 minute period where that trade broke, the Subban for Weber deal broke and Stamkos crushed the Toronto fans hopes by resigning in Tampa.   Remember 'Stamcock 2016'?   The Leafs were going to get Babcock and Stamkos that summer and bring the rest of the league to its knees 🤣 

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I'm with you, between that and his eternally resting sulk face he really made it easy to not give a sh!t that he's gone. Glad he's out west again so we can see even less of him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

I don't hate the guy, it was just another saga that in the end I was glad to see the back of.  Calling out your own fans is never going to go down that well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Max20Characters said:

Nhl Facebook posted this timeliness. Pretty cool to see two devils in the mix.

Screenshot_20230626_141502_Facebook.jpg

Lafreniere:  84 points

Kakko:  76 points

Jack:  7 more points than both of them combined at 200 GP

image.gif.8ce7889a1492b747c05a9c90252a2602.gif

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

No you’re not exaggerating. He pouted and bitched about the fans booing him. His stupid ‘I can’t hear you’ reaction after scoring a meaningless goal was a silly taunt to the fans. And I don’t recall in his interviews hearing him outright say ‘I’d love to remain a Devil’. If he did, it was very passively.

• Like 2

All I know is dude was an absolute blast to watch that year and no one can ever take that Hart trophy away from him. It’s part of Devils history now. And it’s not like he bolted to the Rags as a UFA or something. I have absolutely no ill will towards Hall. 

• Like 3

Part of the issue was the bullsh!t cloak and dagger stuff from Devils management where they gave zero updates on his injuries nor contract for months. If they were more transparent then we wouldn't have suspected so much trade demands from Hall, even if they weren't true.

Yeah, I’ve never had any hard feelings towards Hall.   He gave us the absolute best season of his career and Shero/Fitz got out at the right time and nailed the return getting Bahl, Mercer and I believe 2 picks that were used in the Seigenthaler/Marino trades.

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 3

I assume a Sharangovich for a pick deal is the type of thing that would happen on the draft floor once the GMs see how the draft is shaking out so I'm not really looking for any Devils drama today beyond hopefully a Meier contract.   That being said, with the 31 other GMs all in town, I hope today is the day all hell breaks loose.  A lot of these teams seems like they have a ton of work to do that probably shouldn't all wait until the 1st round starts.    Calgary, Nashville, LA, San Jose, Winnipeg, Philly, etc.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lateralous said:

Yeah, I’ve never had any hard feelings towards Hall.   He gave us the absolute best season of his career and Shero/Fitz got out at the right time and nailed the return getting Bahl, Mercer and I believe 2 picks that were used in the Seigenthaler/Marino trades.

The irony is that if Hall had been re-signed to big money here, fans would really REALLY be hating him now.  Imagine paying well over $8 million AAV on a long-term deal for these numbers, with Hall constantly being compared to his MVP season, and still having 5 years to go (assuming he'd been signed to max term)...and the below is the return through three seasons:

195 GP, 46 G, 84 A, 130 Pts 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1