New Around The League Thread

Colorado Rockies 1976

4 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Lou doing everything he can to screw over his eventual successor: how many 4-8 year deals is he gonna give out?

That team really is not good for the amount of money they’re collectively being paid.  The only way they win a Cup is if Sorokin goes full brick wall from start to finish.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

That team really is not good for the amount of money they’re collectively being paid.  The only way they win a Cup is if Sorokin goes full brick wall from start to finish.

It’s insane, only 1 mil in cap space, only 3 guys NOT under contract beyond next season 

AND they’ll only gain 1 m in cap space (according to cap friendly)

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

It’s insane, only 1 mil in cap space, only 3 guys NOT under contract beyond next season 

We’ve been over it, but if I’m an Islander fan I have zero faith that Lou has the answers to get my team to a Cup.  And yeah, he’s leaving a hell of a mess behind.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, HughesCorporation said:

if it wasnt for the stupid penalties...

I liked him and his "I'll run through a brick wall" attitude 

Miles was a good Devil; definitely a great locker room guy, and a guy that everyone seems to like. Hope he does well in Colorado.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Miles was a good Devil; definitely a great locker room guy, and a guy that everyone seems to like. Hope he does well in Colorado.

I cant wait till he's back at the Rock and they play a tribute video for him, the place will be loud and Miles will no doubt feel it

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, HughesCorporation said:

if it wasnt for the stupid penalties...

I liked him and his "I'll run through a brick wall" attitude 

The running through brick walls was great. The running through goalies, not so.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

The running through brick walls was great. The running through goalies, not so.

Yeah ultimately the good did not outweigh the bad.  He became increasingly infuriating as time wore on.

1 minute ago, HughesCorporation said:

it was heaven or Hell with Woody lol

More like permanent purgatory 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, HughesCorporation said:

I cant wait till he's back at the Rock and they play a tribute video for him, the place will be loud and Miles will no doubt feel it

Hopefully he doesn’t score because he’s too juiced; gotta hope he does the Miles thing and channels the energy with a dumb penalty 🤣

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah ultimately the good did not outweigh the bad.  He became increasingly infuriating as time wore on.

More like permanent purgatory 

he never matured mentally as a hockey player, too bad or he could've been something special

• Like 1

Just now, HughesCorporation said:

he never matured mentally as a hockey player, too bad or he could've been something special

Yeah, he simply never evolved past being a big dumb animal.  Not much hockey IQ.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah, he simply never evolved past being a big dumb animal.  Not much hockey IQ.

What's interesting is how much term some of these guys are getting. 

Graves got 6 years. Yiiikes. Decent price tag for PIT tho. 

Wood going for 6 years with COL. He can do what they need him to do. Go fast, go north south. I bet that his foot speed keeps it up for 3 of those years. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I think Lou's just always in win mode. "Are we winning? Yes, let's just keep doing that then." He's not afraid to keep his players using that juicy term that players want. Mayfield is kind of like Gravy. Big, pretty mobile for his size and kind of a defensive d man and right shooting D. I wouldn't have minded getting a guy like him cheap on the right, but Miller will have to do. 

It has to kind of grating on Lou's conscience that he won't be alive to see these contracts be fully paid out, let alone their value be recognized. It's gotta happen at some point and the Islanders are going to be standing there looking around for someone to manage it when he's gone. 

6 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Capfriendly says Geertsen signed with Vegas. Another legend gone 

image.gif.d54fb9ded8674334c844c025bb221b09.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Am I the only one who still loves the fact that those “big” acquisitions of Tarasenko and Kane led to pretty much nothing for the Rangers?  Especially when some idiots started calling them the Cup favorites?!

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Am I the only one who still loves the fact that those “big” acquisitions of Tarasenko and Kane led to pretty much nothing for the Rangers?  Especially when some idiots started calling them the Cup favorites?!

Spending draft capital for rentals is getting harder and harder to justify, but the Rangers never change. 

Rags Management (probably): "Rentals? We'll take two! Here's first round picks!"

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 3