New Around The League Thread

Colorado Rockies 1976

Check out the Top 6 teams in the Eastern Conference over their last 10 GP...no one is giving an inch:

Canes:  8-1-1

Devils:  7-1-2

Rangers:  7-2-1

Bruins:  6-3-1

Lightning:  6-3-1

Maple Leafs:  6-3-1

And it's a damned good thing for the Islanders that Horvat isn't just a rental, because they could be dead and buried in 2022-23 after this brutal stretch coming up:

2/17 vs Penguins

2/18 @ Boston

2/20 @ Penguins

2/22 vs Jets

2/24 vs Kings

2/26 @ Jets 

Should the Isles really be expected to put up more than 6 or 7 points total in those games?  And they'll have just 19 left to play after that.  

They do have a total of three games left each against the Pens and Caps...kinda feels like they have to win just about all of those.  

Glad to see the Devils in a much better position.  

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, jagknife said:

And the Isles have the most games played in the league to date: 57, tied with Florida

Yeah they're not dead but they definitely have to go on a serious tear soon.  They're 12-15-7 since 11/29...they're 2-1-2 in the 5 games since Horvat arrived, and that's a small sample of course, but there's a good chance that 60% of the points the rest of the way won't be good enough.  And who knows if they can even pull that off.  

Watching the Canucks - Rangers game and I’m reminded of how awful of a listen Rosen and Micheletti are.  Two very punchable voices.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Laf wins it for the Rags in the shootout. fvck right off. 

I was watching too, horrible. Hopefully with Jack back we keep the points coming I'd hate to see the rags pass us in the standings in the final months of the season

Isles now 3-2-2 since the Horvat deal.  Bo with 3 G and 1 A through 7 GP in an Islander uniform.  Still a small sample of course but not really all that much of a lift so far, really.  

Rangers give up 2 goals in the first minute (8 seconds apart) and saw Halak just stop the Flames on a clean breakaway.  Hopefully they lose for a change.

Friggin’ Flames…Rangers pull to within one but could easily be up by two with the chances they’ve been getting over the last several minutes. 

21 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

TOR won tonight and are overwhelmingly likely to beat CHI tomorrow.

Oh yeaaaaaaaaah?

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I mean.... Would you have put your bet365 bucks on Chi? Lol. I didn't see Kane getting a hatty tonight. He must be big sad TOR didn't trade for him.

Hell no but that’s today’s NHL…it really is an “Any given night” kind of league.  Any team can beat you any time.  So many games don’t go according to the script.  Look at what Columbus has done in the past week or so.

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Hell no but that’s today’s NHL…it really is an “Any given night” kind of league.  Any team can beat you any time.  So many games don’t go according to the script.  Look at what Columbus has done in the past week or so.

Hopefully they keep it up, and play themselves right out of the Bedard sweepstakes. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Oilers lost 6-5 last night so they’re probably working the phones hard on an EK65 deal today as if that solves the problem.   

So instead of losing 6–5 they’ll lose 7-6.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2