GDT - Devils at Nashville 1/26/23 - 8pm MSGSN

Satans Hockey

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Lindy is pissed. I love the fire.

Same. he's letting the defense know that every one of them are dragging the rest of the team down with their play. Everybody else has been in this game forwards and blackwood even. Defense awful.  PK okay, but we are cratering in 5v5 right now. 

Edited by RizzMB30

1 minute ago, Fansinz88 said:

Is anyone on D mentally at this game? Jesus that was just pathetic. 

Dougie has played well. Made a really nice play at the side of the net to stop a likely tap in, and setup the Bratt goal with a gorgeous stretch pass. 

The rest of them have sucked. 

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Lindy is pissed. I love the fire.

I’m pissed too.  That he’s still the head coach.  But that problem will be solved in due time.

Kudos to Mac, did a hell of a job to keep this tied.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Dougie has played well. Made a really nice play at the side of the net to stop a likely tap in, and setup the Bratt goal with a gorgeous stretch pass. 

Was about to exclude Dougie from my comments on the defense, but he can wake them up a little. Say something. Hold guys accountable.

Edited by RizzMB30

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

He also got beat letting a man get in behind him for a breakaway again. He’s got to be better committed on the back end.

It is amazing how this team manages to escape these rough first periods without being slammed with a multi-goal deficit.  I’ll take this good fortune for as long as the Devils can get it.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Same. he's letting the defense know that every one of them are dragging the rest of the team down with their play. Everybody else has been in this game forwards and blackwood even. Defense awful.  PK okay, but we are cratering in 5v5 right now. 

We REALLY need Marino back.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

We REALLY need Marino back.

I just hope we aren’t counting on him to come in and be lights out immediately. He’s been out a long time. Palat still isn’t back to 100%. Bit different since he had surgery, but still. 

Might take Marino a little time to get back to form. Hopefully not, but I’m kind of preparing for it. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

How is Arnott’s OT goal against Dallas not the most clutch??

Today I learned that Jack O'Callahan played for New Jersey that season they made playoffs for the first time. holy fvck. I knew of Broten and that Mark Johnson played. 

Edited by RizzMB30

1 minute ago, RizzMB30 said:

Today I learned that Jack O'Callahan played for New Jersey that season. holy fvck. I knew of Broten and that Mark Johnson played. 

I knew that but mostly because I’m fvcking old enough to have watched him play.  Depression time…

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I knew that but mostly because I’m fvcking wise enough to have watched him play.  Depression time…

Stop it CR1976. I fixed that for you. I wish I had been alive to see some of those Miracle on Ice guys play in the NHL. 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Thanks 1