GDT- Devils Vs. Blues 02/16/23 9pm

SeanMac16

Thank you again Miles.

Another guy proving why he won’t get to be a part of this thing in future seasons.

• Like 3

Just now, jagknife said:

They owned this period… and then the wood line with the Severson Bahl pair cost them

Yeah kinda feels like the magic just isn’t going to be here tonight.  

2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I think Severson is a goner as well. 

How many times have we heard “Severson…misses the net!”

• Angry 1

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

These plays for odd man rushes or letting Kyru het in alone are just not excusable.

A sure sign of meh coaching is the same kinds of things happening over and over.

Talent + Vezina-level goaltending by VV has helped cover up for that for several weeks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Fitz, you gotta get them some help already…

We gotta be fair…no Jack (who will be back soon) and this is going to be their fourth road loss of the entire SEASON.

But yeah, lots of deadwood not finding the net, and too much of the same bugaboos lately.  Fitz will address this before the deadline (though probably not quickly enough for our liking).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

We gotta be fair…no Jack (who will be back soon) and this is going to be their fourth road loss of the entire SEASON.

But yeah, lots of deadwood not finding the net, and too much of the same bugaboos lately.  Fitz will address this before the deadline (though probably not quickly enough for our liking).

Sure I’m disappointed they lost but let’s be honest they haven’t looked great. You even said the luck will eventually run out.

if Fitz gets them some help they won’t need to be lucky, they’ll find their game again.

1 minute ago, Aznjsn said:

Are you kidding, he better be jettisoned far away from this team. Bury him in someone else's AHL cycle 

He’s an NHLer.  Just not a good team NHLer.  Neither is Wood.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

First line has really not been good enough since Jack went out either. Whatever, maybe a wakeup call or at least more proof Wood needs to take a hike.

Agreed, and I'm not sure it's the best roster management to keep the three of them together with Jack out. The team would theoretically be top heavy, but if that line isn't producing, we don't even get any of the benefit of that.

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

Sure I’m disappointed they lost but let’s be honest they haven’t looked great. You even said the luck will eventually run out.

if Fitz gets them some help they won’t need to be lucky, they’ll find their game again.

I’m hoping Jack coming back gives everyone a lift.  If you had told me the Devils would go 2-1-1 while he was out, I probably sign right up for it.

And hoping whoever Fitz trades for helps too.

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I’m hoping Jack coming back gives everyone a lift.  If you had told me the Devils would go 2-1-1 while he was out, I probably sign right up for it.

And hoping whoever Fitz trades for helps too.

Jack being back will absolutely bring some life back into them, but they still need support and we need to cut some deadweight already.

Wood has 3 points since 13 December. And is too much of a liability to be counted on down the stretch. He also doesn’t bring anything resembling toughness like he used to, he doesn’t even agitate, he just takes insanely stupid penalties or puts himself in places to get tagged.

hell even our whipping boy Haula has more points AND GOALS than Wood does recently.

Bahl is big.

That’s all I’ve got, as far as any attributes that he has.  

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

Jack being back will absolutely bring some life back into them, but they still need support and we need to cut some deadweight already.

Wood has 3 points since 13 December. And is too much of a liability to be counted on down the stretch. He also doesn’t bring anything resembling toughness like he used to, he doesn’t even agitate, he just takes insanely stupid penalties or puts himself in places to get tagged.

hell even our whipping boy Haula has more points AND GOALS than Wood does recently.

As far as Wood goes I’m with you…I’m pretty much done with him.  If the Devils can move him + a pick for a rental upgrade (with an option to buy), sign me up.

• Like 2

Yet another subpar performance. The defensive zone coverage and intensity was abysmal again.

- Miles Wood is done as an NHL player. He and his line get absolutely caved in almost every time they’re on the ice. Wood is unfortunately the worst offender. His d-zone awareness and effort stink, his passes are awful, his stick handling is terrible and his IQ just isn’t there.

- Siegenthaler, Severson, Hamilton and Marino had rough nights again…so basically our defensemen haven’t been up to standard lately.

- Sharangovich…well we know how much of a disappointment he’s been this year. Tonight was another example.

- Special doghouse honors to Nico Hischier. While his offense has dried up you could usually count on him for good defensive and puck play. Well, not tonight you couldn’t. Really bad leadership and another consecutive game where he doesn’t produce.

Overall, the coaches and Fitz need to shake some sh!t up with this club. This subpar play has gone on too long now.