GDT- Devils Vs. Blues 02/16/23 9pm

SeanMac16

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

It’s a shame that he doesn’t use that size at all. I saw him geting hit a lot more than he hit anyone else tonight. 

That’s the most frustrating thing…dude, all you GOT is size!  fvcking use it man!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, devlman said:

Yet another subpar performance. The defensive zone coverage and intensity was abysmal again.

- Miles Wood is done as an NHL player. He and his line get absolutely caved in almost every time they’re on the ice. Wood is unfortunately the worst offender. His d-zone awareness and effort stink, his passes are awful, his stick handling is terrible and his IQ just isn’t there.

- Siegenthaler, Severson, Hamilton and Marino had rough nights again…so basically our defensemen haven’t been up to standard lately.

- Sharangovich…well we know how much of a disappointment he’s been this year. Tonight was another example.

- Special doghouse honors to Nico Hischier. While his offense has dried up you could usually count on him for good defensive and puck play. Well, not tonight you couldn’t. Really bad leadership and another consecutive game where he doesn’t produce.

Overall, the coaches and Fitz need to shake some sh!t up with this club. This subpar play has gone on too long now.

On one hand, they’re 13-3-3 in their last 19 and have a 20-4-3 road record.

But yeah, would like to see a real “A” win soon.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

On one hand, they’re 13-3-3 in their last 19 and have a 20-4-3 road record.

But yeah, would like to see a real “A” win soon.  

Fantastic record. But let’s be honest, they’re finding ways to win despite being outplayed (thank you VV and OT magic). Let’s get back to outplaying opponents.

• Like 1

Let’s hope they figure it out because it will get tougher to win as the regular season comes to an end.  They have 3 games against the Lightning, 2 against the Jets and one against the Pens, Kings, Avs, Knights, Leafs, Caps, Canes, Wild and Rangers.  That’s 14 experienced playoff teams and then they have games against the Panthers, Sabers and Islanders that are trying to get in.  So, a total of 17 teams fighting for their playoff spots.  Jack or no Jack, there should be cause for concern.  They have moments when they are in control of the game, next think you know, they’re on their heals chasing the puck and then freeze up, as if they can’t keep up with the pace off play.

5 hours ago, devlman said:

Fantastic record. But let’s be honest, they’re finding ways to win despite being outplayed (thank you VV and OT magic). Let’s get back to outplaying opponents.

Oh I’m not disagreeing with you at all.  Even with the terrific records, they simply gotta start playing better.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I guess it doesn't seem like that.  But I still think for what he's making, and the ice time he's getting, he's not contributing as much as we need him to.  Since his return on Jan 5th he's played in 15 games and has 3 goals and 8 assists.  Not horrible, but not really impressive either, given what I mentioned ($, TOI, etc).  With a high profile guy like Jack being out, I look to the other star players and veterans on this team to step up.  

Palat is a playoff player. He’ll show up when we need him most.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, devlman said:

And 3-3 OT has been helping us. Team is better with more space on the ice. Unfortunately, 3-3 doesn’t exist in playoffs

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I guess it doesn't seem like that.  But I still think for what he's making, and the ice time he's getting, he's not contributing as much as we need him to.  Since his return on Jan 5th he's played in 15 games and has 3 goals and 8 assists.  Not horrible, but not really impressive either, given what I mentioned ($, TOI, etc).  With a high profile guy like Jack being out, I look to the other star players and veterans on this team to step up.  

Palat averages about 19 G and 36 A per 82 GP for his career.  This year he's on about a 22 G and 30 A pace.  If you want to just extrapolate his last 15 games since returning, it's about 16 G and 44 A per 82 GP.  His ice time isn't much different that it's been in any other season.

Basically, he's really about right where you should expect him to be.  And those 3 G and 8 A have come in his last 12 GP...I think he's stepped up as much as anyone can realistically expect.  I think he's more of an intangible veteran guy who puts up decent point totals.   

Nico's been held to one assist (on an ENG) in his last 7...players slump so I'm not going to let a 7-game slump negate what's still been a career-year offensively (and he's only missed one game all year), but hope he gets it going again soon.  

Palat has actually bounced back from the groin surgery pretty well. When he went out with what was a fairly significant injury early on I feared his first season as a Devil would basically be a tad disappointing like Dougie’s was, but overall I’ve been pretty happy with him. And with him doing a lot of the little stuff out there it would be nice to see Nico actually focus on creating some offense. I can only imagine what kind of production Jack would have playing on a line with Palat and Bratt. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Palat has actually bounced back from the groin surgery pretty well. When he went out with what was a fairly significant injury early on I feared his first season as a Devil would basically be a tad disappointing like Dougie’s was, but overall I’ve been pretty happy with him. And with him doing a lot of the little stuff out there it would be nice to see Nico actually focus on creating some offense. I can only imagine what kind of production Jack would have playing on a line with Palat and Bratt. 

Nico has looked like he is so quick to pass it these days.  They aren't bad passes or anything, they're safe.  But like you said, I want to see him carry it a little more into the dangerous areas.  He's so good at protecting the puck and making quick turns to lose defenders.  It just feels like we haven't seen it in a while.

20 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Nico has looked like he is so quick to pass it these days.  They aren't bad passes or anything, they're safe.  But like you said, I want to see him carry it a little more into the dangerous areas.  He's so good at protecting the puck and making quick turns to lose defenders.  It just feels like we haven't seen it in a while.

This is what I’ve been saying - he’s playing with little confidence and intensity lately. I can deal with the lack of points but can he not look like he’s trying to defer every time he’s out there?

Take the Bull by the horns and lead the cycle, lead the charge to the net, make some mistakes with the puck. He doesn’t look like he’s enjoying his hockey. Or he may be nursing an injury.