GDT: Devils @ Penguins 2/18 5:30 PM

Nicomo

6 hours ago, devlman said:

It’s a damn shame Boqvist is the projected scratch tomorrow while Miles Wood continues to have a spot gifted to him despite him doing nothing with it game after game.

Some of Lindy’s roster decisions don’t make any sense.   I’ve never been a big Boqvist fan but I feel like he’s been really good lately.   Why would you scratch him now?  

He did the same thing to Holtz a little while back after a run of not terrible games for Alex.      

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Some of Lindy’s roster decisions don’t make any sense.   I’ve never been a big Boqvist fan but I feel like he’s been really good lately.   Why would you scratch him now?  

He did the same thing to Holtz a little while back after a run of not terrible games for Alex.      

There used to be a day where keeping wood in the lineup, even if he wasn’t producing, was the right call cause he brought uncontrolled physicality. He’d hit anyone and often fall into a goalie. Hell even to start the year he had that nice tip-in vs the flyers and a brief hot streak after.

but he hasn’t maintained anything consistent other than playing poorly. Ever since his injury he’s comeback weaker, slower and a shell of himself in the physicality department

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

There used to be a day where keeping wood in the lineup, even if he wasn’t producing, was the right call cause he brought uncontrolled physicality. He’d hit anyone and often fall into a goalie. Hell even to start the year he had that nice tip-in vs the flyers and a brief hot streak after.

but he hasn’t maintained anything consistent other than playing poorly. Ever since his injury he’s comeback weaker, slower and a shell of himself in the physicality department

Used to be a big fan of Miles for just this reason.  Totally unpredictable with his speed and aggression.  But man, it's sad to see where he is now after the injury.  He was a true spark plug.

• Like 1

Again…Devils are going to need a real head coach one of these seasons.  

• Like 2

Just now, jagknife said:

But they had a streak man! He’s totally the best! Fans even chanted sorry Lindy! Advanced stats!

Devils are winning because of Vezina-level from VV (most of the time), some fine young talent, a team built to succeed in 3-on-3, and some very good fortune (as of late).  Ruff’s had very little to do with it…especially lately.  I’m fully convinced there’s coaches who could find ways to tighten things up and have the Devils giving up much less golden chances.

Fortunately for now that definitely hasn’t hurt them from a W-L standpoint…yet.