GDT: Habs @ Devils 7:00PM 2/21

Nicomo

Btw VV has now had TWO 15-game runs where he’s gone 12-1-1 in each stretch.  A .932 save% in the first and a .927 save% in the second.

Two words:  Holy fvck.  What a year this guy has had for our New Jersey Devils.

LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 5
  • Shocking 1

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Btw VV has now has TWO 15-game runs where he’s gone 12-1-1 in each stretch.  A .932 save% in the first and a .927 save% in the second.

Two words:  Holy fvck.  What a year this guy has had for our New Jersey Devils.

LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

You can make a legit case that they have 4 players who could be in the running for a trophy:

Jack - Hart 

Nico - Selke

Dougie - Norris

VV - Vezina 

Obviously none of them are going to win, but they’re playing at that level. What a season. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

This game says big win on it all over paper.. but this just seems story line for a NJ loss.. NJ full healthy other than bernier( like that’s news) habs riddled with injury. 

If they do lose tonight…would it really be such a travesty?  They’ve won 15 out of 21 and have banked points in 18 out of 21.

Montreal’s won 23 games and naturally some of them have come against good teams…they’ve beaten the Leafs twice, the Pens twice, as well as the Rangers and Oilers.  Sh!t happens in this league.

Really hope the narrative doesn’t become “Same ol Devils” if they don’t win this one.  They’ve earned better than that. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

If they do lose tonight…would it really be such a travesty?  They’ve won 15 out of 21 and have banked points in 18 out of 21.

Montreal’s won 23 games and naturally some of them have come against good teams…they’ve beaten the Leafs twice, the Pens twice, as well as the Rangers and Oilers.  Sh!t happens in this league.

Really hope the narrative doesn’t become “Same ol Devils” if they don’t win tonight.  They’ve earned better than that. 

I’d like a point for the team and 2-3 for Jack, personally. But I’m also very selfish 

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Really hope the narrative doesn’t become “Same ol Devils” if they don’t win this one.  They’ve earned better than that. 

Playoff teams competing for divisional crowns don’t get to take games off against awful opponents because of their recent record. I don’t think anyone will be happy giving them a pass if they get badly outworked tonight.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

No one said it would be a “travesty”.. but in a very tight competitive division with the rangers literally got on our asses playing phenomenal hockey do you really want to accept missing out on points that should absolutely be attainable against a injury riddled team? Next up we have a pretty solid LA team coming in so yea, I’d like them to show up tonight and not take it lightly because Thursday is going to be a much tougher opponent and I don’t want to go lose two in a row. 

11 minutes ago, devlman said:

Playoff teams competing for divisional crowns don’t get to take games off against awful opponents because of their recent record. I don’t think anyone will be happy giving them a pass if they get badly outworked tonight.

Just not a fan of seeing things in these kind of absolutes.  It's an 82-game season.  It's not always going to go according to what the plan "should" be.  EVERY team is going to have some "WTF?!" losses in any given season...ALL of em...you can look up every good team's schedule and you'll see them.  This team has the third-best record in the entire NHL...and aren't that far behind for the second-best.  I would've signed up for that on 2/21, coming into the season.

It goes back to the whole "Is this team ever allowed to have a bad game or an off day?"  I'm not saying you have to like it when it happens, and yeah, if for some reason the Devils lost a listless 4-1 kind of game tonight, I'm not going to be thrilled about it.  But teams have valleys within a season...and if you really think about it, outside of that ugly 1-7-1 slump the Devils have been just about lights out.

But enough about losing...get a win tonight boys!  (That's not sarcasm, I mean it...don't care if it's pretty or ugly, snag those two points!)  

28 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I’d like a point for the team and 2-3 for Jack, personally. But I’m also very selfish 

I'm hoping for a big "I'M BACK MUTHAfvckAS!" 4+ point game for Jack myself.  So I'm with a ya.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

No one said it would be a “travesty”.. but in a very tight competitive division with the rangers literally got on our asses playing phenomenal hockey do you really want to accept missing out on points that should absolutely be attainable against a injury riddled team? Next up we have a pretty solid LA team coming in so yea, I’d like them to show up tonight and not take it lightly because Thursday is going to be a much tougher opponent and I don’t want to go lose two in a row. 

No, no one used that specific word, but I can see people losing their sh!t if the Devils lose tonight.  I'm just realistic about the NHL and that it doesn't all go according to plan every single night.  Like I said, check any good team's schedule and you'll see some surprising losses in there.  It happens (like the division-leading Hurricanes losing 4-0 AT HOME to the Coyotes).    

In ways it's like if a goalie gives up a goal he "should" have had...right away everyone forgets about all of the great saves he made the rest of the game.  Think about all of the comebacks the Devils have had this year...including the recent second games of a pair of back-to-back where they looked a little tired in both, yet still found a way.  Like I said...this team has dropped just three games in regulation in their last 21...they're even now winning plenty at home.  And of course that insane road record...overall there's really been a lot of impressive sh!t this season.  A ton of it, really.

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

He's sick per Novo

Don't wanna say "good", but at least he's not injured.