Timo’s a Devil!! 13 pieces in Trade!

Colorado Rockies 1976

This is not related to anyone on this board just stuff I am seeing on twitter and reddit, but holy f-ing sh!te, can you folks who hate Holtz stfu.

He is not a bust, he can skate, Z is not a much better player than he is or ever will be.

I don't know if he will even be a Devil after this week, but I am going to root so freaking hard for this kid to shove it up all these fools arses.

He needs to given a full chance, not 7 or 8 minutes a game with players who don't fit in with his style of game, again he is not a bust, he had one of the best rookie AHL seasons for a goal scorer 1 year ago.

He needs to play the 200 foot game better, but this kid is a great shooter, and also a great playmaker in the offensive zone, can we like not give up on a 20 year old, or is this too much to ask?

Okay this is weird, he disappeared from the Utica and the Devils roster pages?

WTF???

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Aznjsn said:

He can hold his own too

Dude is 220 lbs and plays with a lot of feistiness. Fans who don’t watch a ton of west coast games are going to be pleasantly surprised what all he brings besides just scoring goals. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Patrick Sundstrom Ghost said:

This is not related to anyone on this board just stuff I am seeing on twitter and reddit, but holy f-ing sh!te, can you folks who hate Holtz stfu.

He is not a bust, he can skate, Z is not a much better player than he is or ever will be.

I don't know if he will even be a Devil after this week, but I am going to root so freaking hard for this kid to shove it up all these fools arses.

He needs to given a full chance, not 7 or 8 minutes a game with players who don't fit in with his style of game, again he is not a bust, he had one of the best rookie AHL seasons for a goal scorer 1 year ago.

He needs to play the 200 foot game better, but this kid is a great shooter, and also a great playmaker in the offensive zone, can we like not give up on a 20 year old, or is this too much to ask?

WTF???

They also still have Schmid on the roster for Utica. Maybe the site manager took a long weekend

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

F19527FA-682D-49BC-805F-7F9EB0532DCF.webp

Oh I’m all in…just don’t know how he makes it happen given the cap hit.  Maybe Wood going back as part of a package?  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Patrick Sundstrom Ghost said:

WTF???

If Holtz actually does pan out (I’m about 50/50 at this point), and Fitz gets his extensions done, this top 6 is absolutely nasty for the foreseeable future.

Meier - Hischier - Mercer 

Holtz - Hughes - Bratt 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

Timo picks 96, hell yeah

Love it.  That’s a star’s number for sure.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Patrick Sundstrom Ghost said:

WTF???

I have hope that Holtz will pan out.  I think another off-season to improve his quickness will help.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

If Holtz actually does pan out (I’m about 50/50 at this point), and Fitz gets his extensions done, this top 6 is absolutely nasty for the foreseeable future.

Meier - Hischier - Mercer 

Holtz - Hughes - Bratt 

I just hope whatever the plan is for Holtz, that it involves him playing in a hell of a lot more GAMES next season.  Either with the Comets or the Devils.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

We now have 5 50+ point players. For comparison the Bruins have 2. The Canes have 3. 

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I just hope whatever the plan is for Holtz, that it involves him playing in a hell of a lot more GAMES next season.  Either with the Comets or the Devils.

HAS to. 

• Like 3

I am hoping the Devils find a player to replace Zetterlund with. Whether that's in the system or elsewhere, I really think having a player like Zetterlund is quite beneficial. He can succeed on whichever line you place him, and he's the type of player who really can do it all, even. if he doesn't seem to have any single elite skill.

To me, this trade signifies a commitment to Holtz. He could have easily been a part of this trade, but the fact that he wasn't shows that the organization believes in him. I don't see any chance he doesn't get a long look on the Devils next season unless he totally regresses in Utica for the rest of this season.

Edited by nessus

@nessus might sound nuts but maybe Holtz goes in a deal for an even better, more established version of a Zetterlund-type (who’s well under 30 years old)?  I’m not so sure the Devils are that committed to Holtz.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

B26AE48B-3728-47C3-B243-785850D06ABD.webp

Seeing a pattern here…

• Like 2