Timo’s a Devil!! 13 pieces in Trade!

Colorado Rockies 1976

14 minutes ago, nessus said:

Currently, Meier and Hughes are ranked 3rd and 4th in the league in shots this season. Keep them on separate lines and you have a lot of offense generated by your top 6.

One of the main reasons why Jack is shooting so much is he saw what happened to begin the season when he kept on passing the puck to Haula, Timo is not that, I think they play together, and if they do, I think it works.

I also think he and Nico already have chemistry, so no matter who he does play with, we are good.

• Like 1

I see a lot of Tom Wilson talk, and I don't see Washington trading him.

No I don't think they are making the playoffs, and yes they will be trading more of thier pending free agents, but Wilson has another year on his deal, and that team could be good again next year.

I think they trade more of the guys who they won't resign, and then they reload in the summer.

You only have a superstar for so long, and their guy is still really good, it makes no sense to trade players who if things go bad next year they can then trade without trying to first go for it again.

I get it though he would look really nice here, I just think the Devils probably need to look somewhere for help with the bottom 6 if they do want to do that.

46 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

Does this trade likely mean Tomas Tatar won’t be re-signed? I think it does, and I wish it weren’t so. But there’s only so much money to spend.

Not for the same amount of money. I could see Fitz asking if he's interested in being part of this moving forward and, if so, "X" is as far as he'll go. Take it or leave it.

EDIT: I could see moving on from Wood 100% as unfortunate as it is.

Edited by NJDevils1214

37 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Ok how about pickles 2.0 and Calgary eats half the salary?

4 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

He’d be perfect for the bottom 6

Yea but no way that happens given the place CGY is at and he had like 5 years left. They aren't going to retain 50% for that length of time. Henrique is a lot more realistic.

2 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Start ordering those jerseys! 

Called it.  And I think I might. Hopefully a Bratter and a Meier coming up next. 

5 hours ago, RizzMB30 said:

Unlikely. I think it is very likely we see Timo wearing #96. The number he wore in juniors with Hischier. 

Edited by RizzMB30

1 hour ago, Patrick Sundstrom Ghost said:

One of the main reasons why Jack is shooting so much is he saw what happened to begin the season when he kept on passing the puck to Haula, Timo is not that, I think they play together, and if they do, I think it works.

I also think he and Nico already have chemistry, so no matter who he does play with, we are good.

I’d go with that while adding Palat for help defensively:

Bratt-Nico-Mercer

Palat-Jack-Timo

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jagknife said:

18 days (I think) if him asking and Rupper got his man

I love that he refers to the Devils as ‘We’. Just happy news for everyone all around!

wait a second, that was recorded yesterday! How they all kept it a secret…good on them.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

So Johanson was a cap fitting salary dump I'm assuming?

No Luke, no nemec, no Mercer, no holtz

Very good trade

And good for Johnsson, he will now have the opportunity at NHL ice time again and the chance at rebuilding his stock/earning a new deal.

6 hours ago, devlman said:

I’d go with that while adding Palat for help defensively:

Bratt-Nico-Mercer

Palat-Jack-Timo

That top 6 looks amazing.   Fitz has done a masterful job with trades, free agency, contracts and the draft since becoming GM.   I honestly think he might be one of the 3 best GMs in the league at this point and should definitely win GM of the year for 22-23.  Not bad for a guy who started with the interim tag.   

• Like 2

8 hours ago, nessus said:

To me, this trade signifies a commitment to Holtz. He could have easily been a part of this trade, but the fact that he wasn't shows that the organization believes in him. I don't see any chance he doesn't get a long look on the Devils next season unless he totally regresses in Utica for the rest of this season.

Where does he fit?   For years we've been hearing that he really needs to be top 6 to succeed and that he's great on the PP.   I have a hard time moving Mercer out of the top 6 after seeing him go on the recent tear, so is Palat shifting down?   Also, after seeing Cordells tweet on the PP1 unit are we just hoping to have Holtz anchor PP2?   

Don't get me wrong, we're so stacked on D that I'm happy we were able to keep Holtz in the fold by using d-men prospects to make the Meier deal, I just don't really see that Holtz is a great fit anymore.   

• Like 1

The Devils have definitely given up quite a bit to get Meier, but I can't wait to see what he brings. Creates a whole load of possibilities at 5v5 and on the PP. When you consider that we still have Nemec, Hughes the younger and (hopefully) Holtz to still come into the team.......It's going to be an exciting few seasons coming up.

12 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Don't get me wrong, we're so stacked on D that I'm happy we were able to keep Holtz in the fold by using d-men prospects to make the Meier deal, I just don't really see that Holtz is a great fit anymore.   

He’s tradable, but the most important thing for Holtz is to capitalize on the next chance he gets on the NHL level. Injuries happen, so he may get one. Plus, he may be the kind of player who needs a couple years in the minors before he’s ready.