Timo’s a Devil!! 13 pieces in Trade!

Colorado Rockies 1976

5 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I'm sure he has 9mm reasons a year to not really care what anyone in NJ thinks.

It's got to be a little bit depressing, and frankly embarrassing, to see that the team you just picked to commit to long term isn't going to be playing for anything meaningful for years.  Same thing happened to Seth Jones when he forced his way to Chicago.       

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

It's got to be a little bit depressing, and frankly embarrassing, to see that the team you just picked to commit to long term isn't going to be playing for anything meaningful for years.  Same thing happened to Seth Jones when he forced his way to Chicago.       

It will help some if Columbus wins the lottery and snags Bedard, but hard to imagine that Gaudreau ever thought that the BJs would be a lottery team in 2022-23.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I'm rooting for Muk and Zetterlund.  Hell of an opportunity for both, in terms of getting some serious and consistent playing time.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Because I think the Sharks preferred Muk.  Like I said, right now I think Holtz's stock is down, and Muk's is up.  But doesn't mean that Holtz's stock can't go back up...it absolutely can.  

Grier knows the Devils prospects since he was recently in the organization.  I'll bet he didn't want Holtz because Holtz isn't NHL ready and he's got a ways to go (skating/play w/o puck/being hard to play against/etc).  I was happy for the trade but sad to see Zetterlund go.  He's a solid 3rd liner right now with upside.  Sharks fans will love Big Z in the near future.  Ironically the Devils need a guy like him now.  Wood and Boki need to be replaced. Also,  Big  Z is a minimum wage guy-don't forget that.  Muk IMO is going to be at least a 5/6 guy-with upside.  SJ did very well here-their fans just don't get it yet.  I don't think Holtz fits well with this team as constructed.  He would be better off with a big/heavy/strong team that can protect him and cover up his deficiencies . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bonginator11 said:

Harrington got waived lol

Guess he's headed to Utica.  Makes sense, in that Utica could use an extra body or two now.  

17 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Someone tell Severson not to worry, his cap moving out will help make room.

He’s gonna need a lot of luggage to pack up all of those minuses…

• Haha 1

I try not to read too much into player quotes, but Bratt was saying that he wanted to stay long-term even before Fitz added Meier.

I'm not worried about Fitz getting this done for both players (I think he'll make it happen), but until then, I'm not going to make much of a big deal of what Bratt or Meier have to say about it when asked.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, nessus said:

I know this was posted last night, but Amanda sounds as drunk as the rest of us celebrating this trade at the beginning of this video.

"Welcome Toms Fitzgerald. We've got a new guy here, on this picture back here...Timo Mayer"

She sounds like that a lot.  I wonder about her health sometimes.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

I’m sorry, over how many seasons?  No wonder he was waived lol

C118AB6A-5F92-4BEA-93E6-D047929276EB.jpeg

15 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

238 NHL seasons- and at only 29! Dude is a MACHINE 🤣

I’ve watched Houser a ton when he was playing for my local ECHL team. He was also the roommate of another player who my wife’s friend was talking to for a while. Don’t think they ever actually hooked up though lol. 

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

She sounds like that a lot.  I wonder about her health sometimes.  

Isn’t English her 2nd language?

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’ve watched Houser a ton when he was playing for my local ECHL team. He was also the roommate of another player who my wife’s friend was talking to for a while. Don’t think they ever actually hooked up though lol. 

Isn’t English her 2nd language?

It is her second language but she sounds more slurry than she did when she first took the job.  And she has gained a lot of weight in recent years…no fat-shaming here, just stating fact.  I was never as heavy as she was but I had to change my lifestyle significantly some years ago…and lost about 40 lbs as a result.  Just hope she’s OK.  

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It is her second language but she sounds more slurry than she did when she first took the job.  And she has gained a lot of weight in recent years…no fat-shaming here, just stating fact.  I was never as heavy as she was but I had to change my lifestyle significantly some years ago…and lost about 40 lbs as a result.  Just hope she’s OK.  

She asked Nico about the conversations that were had about Meier after Fitz told the media that he talked with Nico about the Meier move. 

Nico very politely said, "I think I'd like to keep that between me and Fitzy." Real professional. I like that about Nico. Same deal when he said, "No comment." when asked about Ruff at the end of last year. Good captain stuff. 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, RizzMB30 said:

She asked Nico about the conversations that were had about Meier after Fitz told the media that he talked with Nico about the Meier move. 

Nico very politely said, "I think I'd like to keep that between me and Fitzy." Real professional. I like that about Nico. Same deal when he said, "No comment." when asked about Ruff at the end of last year. Good captain stuff. 

It is but people also took his silence on Ruff as tacit disapproval compared with Jack openly campaigning to keep him lol