Timo’s a Devil!! 13 pieces in Trade!

Colorado Rockies 1976

5 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

The Devil's website says a 2nd rounder in 2024, not a first rounder. 

There were a lot more players involved in this apparently. 

Our subtractions were right, but there's like a goalie and a COL 5th round pick coming our way. 

Not bad Fitz. This has a lot of moving pieces here and conditions. 

I can see why it took awhile

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

The Devil's website says a 2nd rounder in 2024, not a first rounder. 

There were a lot more players involved in this apparently. 

Our subtractions were right, but there's like a goalie and a COL 5th round pick coming our way. 

Not bad Fitz. This has a lot of moving pieces here and conditions. 

Definitely explains why it took so long to announce. Lots of moving parts. 

4 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

So Johanson was a cap fitting salary dump I'm assuming?

No Luke, no nemec, no Mercer, no holtz

Very good trade

Us not losing those pieces is awesome, but it's also not like the Sharks got nothing in return - Zetterlund and Okhotiouk could be good core pieces in a few years, same with Muk. And our 1st, even though later round, could also easily turn out to be something good. 

I think a very good trade for both teams. 

2 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Fitz talking about Bratt signing in video. Seems like it hasn't begun in earnest.

I felt like he made it clear Bratt is the priority even with the quick sentence. He wants this core to be together, that is abundantly clear

he also praised the owners for giving the go ahead in this. For one thing, fans cannot say they’re cheap, with absolute certainty now

• Like 3

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

Us not losing those pieces is awesome, but it's also not like the Sharks got nothing in return - Zetterlund and Okhotiouk could be good core pieces in a few years, same with Muk. And our 1st, even though later round, could also easily turn out to be something good. 

I think a very good trade for both teams. 

Agree, fair deal for both teams, but the Devils got a right-now piece who may need time to adjust, but should be terrific almost right from the get-go.  The Sharks got a bunch of maybes who indeed could succeed, but are going to need time to develop.  They can afford to be patient while those kids figure it out.  Devils are in a different place.  

• Like 1

I am a HUGE fan of Mukhamadullin. I was in the minority of people who were actually stoked about the pick back in 2020. I always really liked his upside, and felt that he had a great future ahead of him. I will be sad to see him go. But this is one of the main pieces of the trade, and the Devils were able to keep Holtz. Really excited to welcome Meier. And now that it's official, get ready for more of this:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I felt like he made it clear Bratt is the priority even with the quick sentence. He wants this core to be together, that is abundantly clear

he also praised the owners for giving the go ahead in this. For one thing, fans cannot say they’re cheap, with absolute certainty now

Man, there’s a certain poster who isn’t active here anymore that was literally wrong about everything (cheap owners, Blake Coleman, our #1’s, etc). 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Fitz not done: 

I could see Fitz trying to add some grit.  Curious to see how much cap room he’ll have.